Stopping for minions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

McNuggetts

03-30-2012

So I've put in a few games recently and I am noticing more and more a disturbing trend that has started. Either I'm missing something or these players are in fact as stupid as i think they are.

So you're in Dominion. You've got a guy on bot, they've got 1 guy on bot. You and a team mate just kill a enemy player in between your mid (that you're team has control of) and the top (enemy has control of). You know that all other enemy players are dead, or have just within the last 1-2 seconds revived and are making their way out of the starting area. You use your Ghost and make a run for the top to try to get it before the enemy team shows up to defend it. Your rocket scientist team mate who helped you get the kill seconds ago decides to hang back and kill minions. You alone were able to neutralize the turret but not capture it. You are up at top and 2 enemy players show up to 2v1 you. Meanwhile your team mate is late to the show with a group of 5-6 minions with him. You get killed quickly and then the attention is turned on your team mate who decided to stop and kill minions and now he is dead. Thanks to him stopping for minions the turret remains in enemy control.

I don't know what it was, some lame streaming video or something off youtube or maybe off of these forums but players who keep stopping to get minions instead of helping cap towers are just driving me nuts.

Glumduk

03-30-2012

A. Most times, pushing a minion wave into a turret is the best call. They absorb cannon fire while you're diving, and if your opponents don't have a lot of AoE, they can neutralize the turret while you're fighting.
B. Maybe he didn't notice you revived.
C. Can't say for sure because I wasn't there, but you two probably couldn't have capped from full turret health before someone arrived to defend. Champs cap pretty slow without minion help.

Dominion is full of situational judgement calls - there are very few situations where there's a right thing to do all the time. Talk strategy with your team mates. If someone is pushing a large minion wave, maybe it's best to group up with that guy after the revive instead of rushing for the cap and potentially putting yourself in a gank situation when enemies show up.

The LORD saves

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-31-2012

Excellent reply Glumduk.

Laurix

03-31-2012

Excellent reply Glumduk.

NavyGothic

03-31-2012

Excellent reply Glumduk.

Ikarurob

03-31-2012

Excellent reply Glumduk

Stiff Tacos

03-31-2012

Someone told me Glumduk's replay was excellent. Sure was.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-31-2012

Excellent reply Glumduk

inFe eD

03-31-2012

Downvoted everyone for not following Reddiquette. C'mon guys, enough circlejerking, we need a hero to stop this once and for all.

Stralucire

03-31-2012

Glumdunk, excellent reply.

PS: what is Reddiquette?