Leaked Poppy Rework

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Based God Marz

03-30-2012

Okay, so, before you all ask for proof and what not. I'll start by showing you how to find this yourself.
C drive > Riot Games > League of Legends > RADS > Projects > lol_game_client_en_us > managed files > 0.0.0.59 > DATA > menu > fontconfig_en_US

Basically it's a text document with game files in there. From it we can see a few files that are labeled 'ShenWIP', obviously remnants from the recent Shen rework.
I also found a few files similarly labeled 'PoppyWIP'.

Now scroll down to the part where the lines of text are beginning with:
game_spell_tooltip

From here find the skills Obtrusion, Iron Form, Smash and Rampage.

Iron Form: Poppy transforms into the living essence of Iron for 10 seconds. While in this form, Poppy shrugs off X Damage per hit, up to a maximum of Y Damage absorbed. If after 10 seconds Poppy can still absorb additional damage, the cooldown on Iron Form is reduced to 10 seconds.

Rampage: Poppy forgoes her discipline and goes into a rampage dealing X (+Y*AP) magic damage per second to nearby enemy units. This spell drains Z mana per second.

Obtrusion: Poppy commands her summoner to bring her to a target ally. Once there, Poppy receives X% of the damage dealt to her ally for 5 seconds, but protects them from harm.

Smash: Poppy leaps forward and slams her weapon into the ground. The resulting shock wave deals X (+Y*AP) Magic Damage and slows enemy units in the area by Z% for M seconds.

Not sure what spell is her ultimate, that isn't too clear either, oh and her passive is affected by turret damage too now.

Edit: Just found a line of texts for a 'Rune Wars Renekton' skin.
Edit 2: Merely relaying what I found in the files, not confirming it will happen or if it's even for Poppy and not a placeholder for a new champ.

ToyotomiX

03-30-2012

Things that appear in the files don't always get released in live.

Bring your attention to Doran's Scroll.

Lehran Fye

03-30-2012

I dont think it will happen i hate poppy but riot doesnt destroy champs like dat.

McJibble

03-30-2012

? I think Poppys perfect where she is.

Edit: why the down votes? her laning phase is terrible but her end game is amazing

dumponursoul

03-30-2012

Sounds like some great ideas for a new champ, but why change poppy?

Churraskero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-30-2012

poppy needs a rework but not this one lol

NovanFlame

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-30-2012

Might be concept abilities for Poppy before she was released...

Great Owl

03-30-2012

Yeah because if I were to rework Poppy, it would be by giving her a completely unrecognizable kit. If what you say is true, its probably some old discarded kit or test kit that is floating around in the game files.

Big Snorlax

03-30-2012

April fools gone wrong. nt tho

ToyotomiX

03-30-2012

Poppy could do for some changes, but I don't like the idea of getting rid of her Q. That's what makes Poppy (besides Diplomatic Immunity, but that's still really strong and could stand to be changed, as well as her passive but I feel like her passive should stay the same)

Poppy's rework was talked about before, but if she gets remade into the mess mentioned in this thread, I will regret buying the skins I've gotten for her.

Reworks, in the past, have generally been pretty bad and champion wrecking. I don't want that to happen to Poppy, not after she finally gets some spotlight.