Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Jungle Routes...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Master Dim Sum

03-30-2012

Hey guys, I've barely been playing since the jungle re-work. Been having a hell of a time trying to figure out the new routes, as since I've been testing them out I keep finding myself under leveled unless I go wolves/wraiths->blue. But my only problem with that is I feel it's too easy to predict blue @ 1:55. At least in the old jungle I could start at like wolves, wraiths, golems, maybe even skip a buff until later making me a little less predictable.

Anyway, just some general sample routes I can try with typical AD junglers (Skarner, Noc, Xin, GP) that will keep me at the right level with gank opportunities other than the typical wraiths/wolves-blue.

rav20

03-30-2012

if u start at blue is wolves,blue,wraiths,red,golems,wraiths again - u end with lvl 4
If u start red wraiths,red,golems,wraiths again,wolves,blue - same here

if u wanna go ahead by one camp u can start at wraiths then blue,wolves wraiths again,red,golems,wraiths...works with mao, nunu

JxC

03-30-2012

manaless junglers usually have more versatile routes because they can start do wraiths/golems at 1:40 and start red at 1:55, hitting lvl 2 before anyone else for a gank. for example, with mundo/shyvana i alternate depending on where my opponent starts (helps if i have a support w/ cv on team). can start wolves -> blue then steal opponents red/wraiths, or wraiths -> red -> gank/steal. its kind of hard for junglers that have mana problems though, other than maybe shaco.

typical routes-
wolves -> blue (smite) -> wraiths -> wolves -> red (smite) (you can let your top or bottom lane have double golems if you want)
wolves -> blue (smite) -> wraiths -> double golems -> red (smite)

wraiths -> red (smite) -> double golems -> wraiths -> wolves -> blue (smite) (can give your blue to ap mid if you don't need it)
double golems -> red (smite) -> wraiths -> double golems -> wolves -> blue (smite) (possible route if you need to babysit a lane in early levels)

EstoqueXs

03-30-2012

watch saint's stream

Blaze Dark

07-27-2013

watch voyboy

nuc

07-27-2013

had to check the date to make sure i wasn't being ****ed with

LordMozart

07-27-2013

Quote:
JxC:
manaless junglers usually have more versatile routes because they can start do wraiths/golems at 1:40 and start red at 1:55, hitting lvl 2 before anyone else for a gank. for example, with mundo/shyvana i alternate depending on where my opponent starts (helps if i have a support w/ cv on team). can start wolves -> blue then steal opponents red/wraiths, or wraiths -> red -> gank/steal. its kind of hard for junglers that have mana problems though, other than maybe shaco.

typical routes-
wolves -> blue (smite) -> wraiths -> wolves -> red (smite) (you can let your top or bottom lane have double golems if you want)
wolves -> blue (smite) -> wraiths -> double golems -> red (smite)

wraiths -> red (smite) -> double golems -> wraiths -> wolves -> blue (smite) (can give your blue to ap mid if you don't need it)
double golems -> red (smite) -> wraiths -> double golems -> wolves -> blue (smite) (possible route if you need to babysit a lane in early levels)

Wait , what ? Is this for real ? Starting wolves drains your health pool ending up having to use smite on blue buff and that will chain up not having smite on Red.
The most stupid idea I see here is that you go for wolvess as they spawn with 1;55 at the blue buff , any smart counterjungling Hero will go steal your red buff while your doing your dumb wolves.

If you really want to hit level 4 by first clear of your jungle , you need to make your support ward your Red buff bush.

The Route for level 4 is : Blue , wolves (WITH RED BUFF WARD) => Red => wraiths => golems and here you go level 4.

fonzee3000

08-02-2013

Quote:
LordMozart:
Wait , what ? Is this for real ? Starting wolves drains your health pool ending up having to use smite on blue buff and that will chain up not having smite on Red.
The most stupid idea I see here is that you go for wolvess as they spawn with 1;55 at the blue buff , any smart counterjungling Hero will go steal your red buff while your doing your dumb wolves.

If you really want to hit level 4 by first clear of your jungle , you need to make your support ward your Red buff bush.

The Route for level 4 is : Blue , wolves (WITH RED BUFF WARD) => Red => wraiths => golems and here you go level 4.

Check the date man