Good AP Mid champ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blaine Tog

04-01-2012

Ryze. Plus he's cheap.

Prokilium

04-03-2012

I have to vote for malzahar.
He's got a silence for other AP mid. His e is great for mana sustain and I believe it makes him one of the best pushers/farmers. Early game his voidling is devastating when targeting an enemy champion. As of level 6, if done correctly he can combo and kill anyone( q silence, e vision, w pool, r ult stun/suppress + bonus voidling= dead). The biggest problem i run into with him is in team fights he needs a lot of support, cause he is so squishy.

OliverTheAwsome

04-03-2012

Gragas is really fun to play

I laned against Graves today and I was lv9 by the time he was 6

lolguy999

04-03-2012

a properly plassed Cassiopeia especially later game with blue CANNOT BE COUNTERED by ANY CHAMP, not even a galio

Maybe heimerdinger stands a chance by dem rockets but hell i know pro galios who counterpicks cass and still ends up chugging health pots every minute or so

Višiuz

Recruiter

04-03-2012

"morde es #1"

BigWenus

04-03-2012

Cass or Morg

PerfectZero02

04-03-2012

Hey, what about Viktor?..

godslayer1254

04-18-2012

the **** ryze sucks dosnt he never seen him do good and im lvl 30? but i do like gragas ap mid only person seeming to be able to shut me out is Leblanc. i Also think veigar is great mid he is like the best way to take out ap and ez to play.

godslayer1254

04-18-2012

04-03-2012, 07:30 PM

a properly plassed Cassiopeia especially later game with blue CANNOT BE COUNTERED by ANY CHAMP, not even a galio

Maybe heimerdinger stands a chance by dem rockets but hell i know pro galios who counterpicks cass and still ends up chugging health pots every minute or so

what are you talking about i counter Cass all the time gragas(me)vs Cass=Gragas is godlike
Me as veigar vs Cass=Veigar godlike
Cass ez to play aginst me mid gragas agins Leblanc=Gragas 0/5
Gragas aginst (Leblanc playayer playing Cass)=Gragas 7/0

Sexual Healing

04-18-2012

*Morgana by far is one of the best mids. She can handle the kass, the cass, and many other power mid champs. Her sustain and team combo is beyond beautiful. If the game calls for it, tanking her up late game still leaves her brutually effective through her utility and AoE. Her initiations with a proper snare are priceless, especially when a carry attempts harass during mid game team scuffles. 1300 range on that bad boy. O-M-G.

Victor is one of my new favorites, as his full combo can be dropped insanely fast, and his ult is capable of chasing off the entire enemy team. In addition, his stun is enough reason to never tower dive him. His downside is the lack of a 6th item slot, but his ranged harass is out of control. I regularly pick up late game kills by blind tagging brush post team fight. And often find that early game laning is easy enough by spamming harass.

Cassiopeia is another one of my favorites because of the dps, team stun, and nice little chasing kit. Early kills are easily netted pre-6 simply because of the slow/movement buff on her AoE poisin and spammability. Her recent nerf is unfortunate, but a solid cass player isn't affected too much by the scaling nerfs. Another positive is the spammability. A blue buff or clarity if needed allows for great ability farming and putting your lane mate out of cs. Pushing wave after wave onto their tower allows for an easy advantage, where most have to decide between cs-ing and going mana hungry.

Ziggs is another favorite, mostly because of the harass and ult. Though his CC kit lacks a stun, his w is a nice interupt for channeling ults, and his range is pretty broken. While still putting out the harass on your lane mate, q farming couldn't be easier.

Xerath deserves a nice mention, but his passive isn't as relevant to your initial laning phase, and he requires being on a team with some real beef. When snowballed, he's probably one of the more frustrating casters to deal with, but without a good team, he can go down harder than some. I personally prefer Victor because of the passive and more reliable stun.

I also have been trying to mid my way up in ELO and as long as noone feeds, I can carry. I find at my play level, not many are good enough to keep up with cs-ing, and that alone can win the lane hard, allowing your team's melee and tanks to ignore the incoming AP dmg for the earlier portion of game-play.

At the end of the day, courtesy, patience, and proper warding/communication of team objectives will benefit the team far more than the role that you play. Be aware of when your team can and cannot handle open engages and make sure everyone is on the same page. In the laning phase, I like to pre choreograph ganks, so that our jungler understands how things should go instead of having differing expectations. The other option is dou queuing mid/jungle, so that both of you have good solid map control and can ensure seemless ganks.

summary: morg, cass, victor, and maybe xerath (if your team is the tankiest, ever.)