Good AP Mid champ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yuffy Kisaragi

03-31-2012

1. learn to last hit every single minion
2. learn to communicate with your team in order to complete objectives, and not care about how well you individually are doing, but rather how much you can assist your team.
3. buy wards
4. build tanky

IceGaia

03-31-2012

Honestly, the only role that no one ever wants to play at my elo is support. And when you support, a lot of times, you get ad carries that don't know how to last hit at all. So then you're lane is pretty much lost if the other carry isn't just as bad.

And when it comes to having the most influence with the jungler; even if I managed to get jungler without someone else saying they called it first...etc, the rest of my team pushes their lane all the way to the enemy tower and constantly harasses, making a gank next to impossible. Then, when they get killed by the enemy jungler for overextending, they blame me and say they "got no ganks".

What can you do about these situations? I've seen most people say that you have to be selfish and take all the creeps you can, all the kills you can, never play support... etc, in order climb out. Even Reginald from TSM gave that advice. The problem with this I've encountered is rarely do you get the role that you want, thus making it hard to climb out. If you choose a role that's already been filled, you're a troll. If you choose one first, you can usually expect either horrible team comp (no range for example) or someone else will also pick the role you chose, and then you have two junglers or mid.

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-31-2012

I'm with FlyingElf on this one. Finding a good jungler in all areas of ranked is pretty annoying. I find I win more % of my games as a jungler(Amumu, which is a great jungler... though he does get banned from time to time.)

Sephrinx

03-31-2012

I prefer Leblanc... Cass and Kennen are great too tho.

MeetYourMaker

03-31-2012

what can not carry you,
leblanc
do not play her to carry
veigar will not either.

what can carry you,
ap sion is good only early-mid game make ganks
anivia is best.
ahri isnt ideal but will work
brand is good
kennen good
morg, ryze, swain are good.
tf real strong during lane phase.
also solo top is most dependent on the game.
88% of solo top first blood ganks = win. thats a stat.

Sam Is Whoa

03-31-2012

Do not mid swain he is way too easily countered and falls off hard late game. Kennen is good and brand is good I like ahri as she is very forgiving to mistakes and can get away from pretty much any gank post6. Sion mid is not for you if you arent a sion player as he is for much more than carrying a game.

PyroGunner2

03-31-2012

Malzahar is awesome mid. I personally play Heimerdinger.

LegendsOfSushi

04-01-2012

Ahri!

Gentleman Joey

04-01-2012

so if you name is icegaia in game, i added you cuz i to am having a hard time getting into the 4 digit elos.
(my username ingame is minihuman if u wanna add me)

My FAVE ap mid is actually fizz. hes pretty tough to play but once you learn his mechanics he is an excellent Champ. once he hits level 6 he can dominate most champs in lane. His Scaling throughout is phenominal. his early game farming is avg at best (hes melee) but with his E mid game u can farm really well and catch up. plus its awlays fun to hear a little fish dude yell SHARK :P hit me up

TheRythum

04-01-2012

depends on your playstyle;
if you like too instaburst: Veigar, Leblanc or Anivia
if you like to be tanky an still deal damage: Ryze or Swain or Ahri or Malzahar
if you like something in between: Brand, Cass, Kass
if you want to be annoying: Karthus
those are the mages that im experienced in... there are many more picks that may be more suited to your playstyle, my suggestion is to wait for free week to test out champs, and always read guides!

Fellow Summoner,
The_Rythum