Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Good AP Mid champ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IceGaia

03-30-2012

So I've been trying to raise my elo, and I've had some, although very little, success. I hear one of the best ways is to carry hard as AP mid, since it can influence so much control over the game. With that said, I'd like some advice on who to buy for an attempt to raise my elo and improve at the game.

Ahri seems good, but I'm not sure if she's the best option in this situation.

Also, what do you do about getting in solo queue and someone else wants mid that is one pick before you? They'll call you a troll if you go mid anyway. Sometimes you're left playing support when everyone says don't play support to get your way out. So, what do you do?

Another question, what would be the best standard runes to put on an AP mid?

I'm really trying to better myself, and not blame others for everything but look at myself to see what I'm doing wrong. Thanks! I hope someone can help me!

Chocobo WAAAAARK

03-30-2012

Ryze

BlackJesus101

03-30-2012

well increasing Elo is 90% luck ie at the start of season two a pro ap mid player (Reginald) got stuck at 1500 elo because the Elo system is just that bad dont worry about it too much because good players recognise that it doesnt always indicate a players skill at least not any more after the huge rush of players when League of Legends got really popular most of whom turned out to be bad or just trolls

BlackJesus101

03-30-2012

oh and in answer to the question i like Gragas but i would have to go with someone Ahri/Cassiopiea/Morgana for the ability to both impact in teamfights and push/roam in the laning phase

IceGaia

03-30-2012

@BlackJesus101
Well, when you're elo is three digits, just getting to four is an accomplishment. I want to mostly improve my skill with last hitting, and to carry the game if I have to.

@JimmiesRustlin
Should I really give a ryze a go at this?

CEETGEEK

03-30-2012

At your elo, go with ryze if you just want to get up there. Honestly, I'd pick a champ like Cassiopoeia and get better at her. You'll go much farther.

Chocobo WAAAAARK

03-30-2012

I play Ryze AP mid he's easy and has alot of utilities.

Reprisal

Recruiter

03-30-2012

Brand ahri morgana ryze and mordekaiser

Haen

Recruiter

03-30-2012

Only problem with Ryze is you need a rune page just for him. Hes pretty strong though.

Honestly if you want to have the most effect on the game, jungler effects the game way more at 1200 elo. 1200 is all about win lane, win game. As a jungler you have the direct ability to affect every lane and help them win. Plus you'd also be playing an underplayed role meaning that it would rarely be contested.

WayneKingftw

03-30-2012

get ashe ap cuz ult scales 1:1 off ap. dont listen to the trolls sayen "oh no nub u gay ap ashe ap" cuz they dont no about her 1:1 scaling on ult.