when is maokai getting nerf?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Teh Cuddlez

08-11-2014

Is there already something coming up?

Adrian Umbra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-11-2014

Why does he need a nerf?

And what would you recommend for said nerf?

Or are you just going to whine and moan about how he's overpowered? Because there's a lot of that on these forums. Please, don't be a whiner who doesn't post reasons for why a champion needs nerfs. Assume everyone on this forum is totally ignorant of LCS and PBE.

Edit: Why the downvote? I'm being polite with this and trying to hammer out changes so that something gets done about issues instead of everyone circle jerking about how a champion is OP but nobody has an idea of how to deal with it. If he's got nerfs incoming on the PBE, that's fine. For the OP, that'll likely be within the next two patch cycles.

Solsar

08-11-2014

He has some nerfs in the PBE

PureNinjaMagic

08-11-2014

He needs nerf's because of maokai's high base dmg plus they went overboarding making it so his passive procs ever 5 nearby spell casts (making every one of his autos heal him in team fights) and his ulti giving him the ability to be unkillable by multiple people late game with constant self healing. I had a game where a maokai with 240 AP end game one combo'd me on jinx and then it took my team of 4 people left 30 seconds to kill him.

editted for grammar.

Adrian Umbra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureNinjaMagic View Post
He needs nerf's because of maokai's high base dmg plus they went overboarding making it so his passive procs ever 5 nearby spell casts (making every one of his autos heal him in team fights) and his ulti giving him the ability to be unkillable by multiple people late game with constant self healing. I had a game where a maokai with 240 AP end game one combo'd me on jinx and then it took my team of 4 people left 30 seconds to kill him.

editted for grammar.
Alright, thanks for being straightforward with this (though I would recommend anti-healing items and/or BotRK to your team's situation). They haven't changed his passive beyond bug fixes since his release though, so I'm wondering why you pointed that out with saying they went overboard there.

As for the actual changes I'm seeing, these are pretty reasonable. Adding a max duration onto his ult and nerfing the damage on his W are good moves that should leave him still in a good spot without being quite as overwhelming.

Jefftiffy

08-11-2014

Um maokai's passive was always 1 time very 5 spell casts. The only thing they did was mess with his utility and damage.

l Mamba l 24

08-12-2014

He's getting nerfed next patch.

kingsolor

08-12-2014

I honestly don't think he deserves a nerf. He has been pretty much the same. Except he is now played and some minor buffs. I actually like where he is atm. He is not OP.

ItsStout

08-12-2014

Ever played him top?

Adrian Umbra

08-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsolor View Post
I honestly don't think he deserves a nerf. He has been pretty much the same. Except he is now played and some minor buffs. I actually like where he is atm. He is not OP.
The nerfs aren't exactly game ending, though. He'll still be largely the same and he'll still have been buffed.

Edit: buffed since his minor rework.