Why do people flip if you don't do 4top 1 bot?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GeneralDirection

03-31-2012

It's not so much that people flip when it's not 4 top 1 bot, it's that people are driven crazy when they are unable to see eye to eye with one another, ESPECIALLY when a person doing something different and do not make their intentions clear to the rest of the team. Communication is essential in Dom, and in my experience those doing rogue strategies do not allow much room for compromise with what teammates want, and are somewhat bad mannered in how they go about it, with exception to Pooterrs.

DoYouLikeMyHat

03-31-2012

If you are 2:3 down on points going for thier bot is a good option alot of the time. 4v4ing them at the top point is in their favour and unless your team has shown to be dominate in large fights its a big risk to lose as you may end up 1:4 when they push your mid after.

Once you get their bot though this is where people fail, you should not try to hold it at all costs which is what everyone does most of the time.

Only 1 should defend it and they should be able to hold versus 1. When they send 2 to take it back then you should have 4 people pushing top in a 4v3. You captured bot merely to get them to divert players from top.

Also the solo their bot person, should really not die. Hold the point until the last second then just leave.... go buy or go back to your bot. This is so obvious yet most people will stay until death.

urmamasllama

03-31-2012

its not a new strat in fact its one of the oldest strats on dominion

the reasion its not the norm is that it is very much a counter strat 9 time out of ten you are better off with 4 top many people including myself have tried two bot and it just isn't as good usually

Basoosh

03-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEEAHMAT TOOSDEY View Post
I ask in all seriousness. I feel like this is a problem with the NA server in general, since NA teams usually get pwnd in every tournament by euro teams doing something new and crazy.
I wasn't aware there was ... well, any NA vs. Euro tournaments going on. Do you have links? I'd love to watch.

Dimwitt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basoosh View Post
I wasn't aware there was ... well, any NA vs. Euro tournaments going on. Do you have links? I'd love to watch.
pretty sure he was comparing the SR tourneys to Dominion....

Which is silly.

deepbluereason

03-31-2012

Because you have limited options anyways and unless you plan out in advance it turns into a cluster****. If the enemy goes 4 top you won't be able to do anything to their mid, most likely, and if you go top with less than 4 you'll lose.

The only other real viable option is to do something like gank bot with 2 and hold your mid with 2, which I could see working.

larkhill

03-31-2012

if u go top with less than 4, u lose that fight. every time. there is no winning that fight.

if u go bot with 2, u are not guaranteed to win it. a turtle swain/heimer/karth can sit on point, farm and laugh at you the entire time. personally, i dont like those odds.

from my experience alone, ive had people try the 3 top 2 bot strat on me before and its simply not that great (though to be fair, they tried it on me when i had karth so they picked just about the worst time to do it). the problem was that they couldnt reliably cap and hold bot, but they lost every single top fight and lost their mid several times too. u just cant lose top consistantly and win the game at all. it doesnt work.

you COULD make this strat successful if u really tried i guess. u'd need the bot lanes to have a global ults and you'd need top to be tanky dps.

• first bot lane champ has to be karth, tf or panth. theres no other way of doing it imo. u need someone from bot capable of doing dmg to top, or else u simply dont have the dmg necessary to pull it off. u cant use ziggs cause people can run away from his ult before it lands. my suggestion is use karth. while the other 2 work perfectly fine, hi ability to hit everyone AND not leave the lane is huge.

• bot lane 2 has to be able to keep people alive from afar, and theres only 2 champs that can do that. soraka, and shen. fairly straight forward here. ult in during teamfight. win game. who you pick really doesnt matter. soraka might be safer since shen will get less farm (ideally u'd want the karth/panth/tf to get all the farm bot lane) and a shen without items isnt really all that useful.

• top lane is harder to pick since u have so many options. instead of picking 1 champ, i'll pick sets of champs. first off is the infamous protect-the-kog strat. yorick/kayle (refered to as y/p), kog, poppy. y/k ult kog, poppy ults the main dps threat on the enemy, and kog rips apart the enemy team. when sh** hits the fan, bot lane 2 saves them

note: protect the kog works well with y/k, poppy and vayne, or any other hypercarry. some work better than others. most suck early game and get exceptionally better late (tryn/jax). most are also AD. theres really no good AP hypercarries. maybe u could work it with leblanc and just blow someone up, poppy blow someone else up, and have y/k/bot2 save u when u get focused. also works with ryze. ryzeop.

• top lane strat 2 is a bit more coordinated. jarvan, nunu, and <insert bruiser here>. now jarvan/nunu is pretty straightforward. jarv ults to trap the enemy, nunu comes in and ults them all, bloodboils the bruiser and ults, and the bruiser cleans up. now which bruiser u use really depends on what u want/need. olaf might be your best choice now that they nerfed irelia a bit but u could really use any bruiser here. yi could work as well...

• top lane 3 is my favorite strat, but also the hardest to pull off, and you'll quickly see why. fiddlesticks/kat, amumu/galio, and <insert wet noodle here>. this strat works with 2 people. the 3rd is debateable and u can use almost anyone really. the basic strat is amumu/galio flash ult in, stun/snare/taunt everyone, and fiddle/kat ult in to clean house. the 3rd cleans up.

• top lane 3B is very similar to top3 but uses different champs. morg, ap kennen, and galio/amumu. same basic principle here. this is the old aoe teamfight comp of SR. we've all seen and all can figure out how it works. nothing special.

• top lane 4 is the riskiest of them all, and rivals top3 in hilarious moments. blitz, <dps that can stun/snare>, <burst dps>. this strat revolves around blitz grabs. its nothing complicated, but still it works, and can be used with almost any dps. optimal strat would be something like blitz, ryze, and xin but im sure u can figure it out

• top lane 5 is the most straightforward comp i can think of. singed, jax, yorick. u run into the enemy without giving a f**k and simply kill them. this is very much a late game comp but if u can make it to late game without being snowballed oo hard, u win the game.

the more i write this, the more i think this 3 top 2 bot thing is viable... like most good dom strategies though, u need a full team premade to pull it off and by that time, u could probably do whatever u want.