Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Help with Thornmail plz...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IceDive

08-05-2010

Just not right-click on him, it's better to attack their dps than their tank anyway.
Did you try getting some magic resist?
Were you feeding or getting fed?

SpetznazRa

08-05-2010

Quote:
Inuroth:
Well i tried 5 Bloodthirsts and it pretty much cancels out the Thornmail but then im squishy cuz i dont get the lifesteal. I believe Thornmail is way too op are they gona get rid of it or nurf it?

If they were feeding enough for you to get 5 bloodthirsters on TT(which I highly doubt happened) the game is way past over. With that kind of damage and lifesteal(again you'd think after supposedly getting 5 you would realize they had lifesteal) any champ or building in your way would not stand a chance.

Rinnegan

Recruiter

08-05-2010

Erm, instead of 5 bloodthirsters could swap one out for a Deathfire or Banshee's veil to help counter the thornmail. Having too many bloodthirsters sounds a bit counter-productive.

Vrtra Theory

08-05-2010

If you're up against Thornmail, my advice would be to focus on an AP build, and rely on ult procs, stun and leapstrike for damage. Try something like Rageblade / Gunblade / Lich Bane. Gunblade is sub-par in the stats department, but it'll give you both lifesteal and spell vamp. Also consider something like Abyssal Scepter for pure AP and magic resist.

If you want to take on a thornmail tank without focusing on AP, remember that Thornmail returns damage BEFORE armor mitigation, whereas life steal works only on damage AFTER armor mitigation. A thornmail tank has a minimum of 180 armor, which means that you need at least 54% life steal just to break even. Stacking Bloodthirsters probably isn't the way to go, sell everything and buy Stark's Fervor, Madred's Bloodrazor, and FoN instead.

Arcanist

08-05-2010

Instead of 5 bloodthirsters, get 4 and a magic resist item like force of nature of banshees veil

Kamaro

08-05-2010

Go AP jax
Mejai, Rageblade, Lichbane, Nashor's

larkhill

08-05-2010

this is y people tell you to build your items according to your opponents items and not stick to 1 specific item build.

thornmail is a wonderful thing to bu when going up against attack speed melee's like yi, jax, or even some of the newer sion crit builds.

to counter it, dont attack so much. aim for more dmg with less attacks, a.k.a. AP jax.

Falinratha

08-05-2010

As a Jax player,what I have found to be helpful against pricks who use Thornmail against you is either stack flat dmg/cd reduct/onhit effect equipment and a BIG ONE: Magic Resist, I almost never do battle without a Banshee's Veil, so try getting BV and Wit's End, gives you attack speed, drain their mana, and reduce the amount that you're kicking your own ass btw lifesteal is a must for Jax, try going for Emblem of valour early. Hope it helps, cheers.

Slide

08-05-2010

1: Dont attack the tank

2: Buy some magic resist

3: Tabi->Rageblade->Gunblade (the dual leech from gunblade counters the thornmail damage)