Help with Thornmail plz...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Inuroth

08-04-2010

Ok, so I'm Jax in 3v3 and every time any tank decides to buy a Thornmail my hp just drains w/in seconds. My item build is mainly attack speed and hp drain w/ a attack. I have tried that one claw that does 4% of max hp as magic dmg it allowed me to halfway kill the tanks any suggestions for me solo'ing a tank w/ Thornmail as Jax?

sonntG

08-04-2010

dude.. thornmail returns physical damage (auto attack) by 30% back to you, so the faster you attack him, the faster you damage yourself xD. also, it gives +100 armor, which is quite a lot. armor penetration will do wonders, and not being totally squishy will help too.

Inuroth

08-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonntG View Post
dude.. thornmail returns physical damage (auto attack) by 30% back to you, so the faster you attack him, the faster you damage yourself xD. also, it gives +100 armor, which is quite a lot. armor penetration will do wonders, and not being totally squishy will help too.
dont b squishy ?!? thats jax... not helping me.

pIague

08-04-2010

If you can't figure this out, maybe you shouldn't be trying to solo a tank as jax?

m31ster

08-04-2010

Thornmail deals 30% damage as magic damage. magic resist (aegis) will help you with taking away the damage a bit, while making jax a little tougher anyway.

Omn1c1d3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2010

yeah u have to not stack attack speed and more AP/AD. He has speed and you don't need much past rageblade, and you're building rageblade first every time, right?

Stack more damage and your hp will go up and you will need Armor pen like brutalizer and black cleaver. Only speed item i would get is last whisper. But for the most part if everyone on the team gets thornmail that means they are weak because they rushed it or your team should have almost won or you're already losing anyway. After that just don't attack the guy with thornmail. Get some casters or something.

xDiamantx

08-04-2010

It wouldn't matter if he built more AD instead of attack speed he'd still get hurt.

The only way to counter thornmail is through lifesteal and Magic Resist.

Inuroth

08-04-2010

Well i tried 5 Bloodthirsts and it pretty much cancels out the Thornmail but then im squishy cuz i dont get the lifesteal. I believe Thornmail is way too op are they gona get rid of it or nurf it?

IceDive

08-05-2010

Maybe try not attacking the tank?
Also, 5 bloodthirsters? How long was that game? In 3v3 no less.. :S
Thornmail is not OP, it won't be nerfed or removed.

Inuroth

08-05-2010

how do you not attack a hero who's there? i just trot on by him and attack the nexus? and that game was only 40 mins like i said i own w/ jax i was feeding until he got thornmail. and yes 30% dmg reflect is op its ridiculous at least make it cost like 4k instead of 2k