AD or AP Shaco?

1234567 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HikoSeijuro1

04-02-2012

AP Shaco is not viable in high elo, reason being almost every champ is built tanky in some way (Jarv, Jax, Kassadin, WW, Wu, Panth, Ali, Rammus) so by late game you are stuck Shiving for 200-400 but on somene with 3k health magic resist to counter you and great team play to stomp your face. It just doesnt work out high elo, you are the target ALWAYS and if someone with a dash initiates you are entering a fight at half health. The teamplay in high elo also doesnt give you time to nest and the box nerf also ruined the ability to successfully box up almost newhere. (smart players just dont run around solo in jungle against a shaco)

I wish I could write a different point of view but just not gonna happen. Hit 2350 elo playing AP shaco only in Solo Q but no longer works =/

Roundabout

04-02-2012

I find AP Shaco similar to AP Nidalee, and I'd build him the same way. Morello's and Sweeper.

While I find him less effective than Nid,he provides similar benefits.

a) Jungle control and visibility w/ Sweeper/Boxes.
b) Disrupting captures while staying relatively safe.
c) Can provide good single target nuke damage at certain times.

My experience with Shaco is much less than Nidalee, but I think he would be fun to try.

Deva Path

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-18-2012

I play hybrid, best of both worlds in my opinion. Enough ap & ad to keep the enemy off balance.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basist View Post

I find Mobility to be the most useless boots for Shaco because: 1.) When the fight rolls around you are stuck at 2 move speed without any other benefits from the other boots, and 2.) The time it takes to get the speed bonus back makes it not worth it because you are supposed to be jumping in and out of fights.

you coould try and run swiftness so you can get in an out without much trouble, and be a general annoyance, following the same principle that some Jannas used to follow on Sr getting swiftness to boost your passive so that you can kite all day and quickly get in and out of the fight disrupting everyone and overall being annoying(and lethal in the case of Shaco). without the drawback of losing mobility to skillshots and AoE effects.

hentai 4 lyfe

05-19-2012

ap shaco is just....horrible might as well go for ad

Psi21

05-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SodaPoPs1234 View Post
ap shaco is just....horrible might as well go for ad
Why are you necroing a thread.

AP shaco was hurt bad when they removed the 0.5 * his total attack damage + 1:1 AP + base damage to 1:1 bonus attack damage + 1:1 AP + based damage.

AP shaco was killed off when they nerfed the DFG.

Unfortunately, AD Shaco is really all that is left of him. AP Shaco was a lot of fun during the days of the Shiv bug. But his days are numbered mostly because of Morello has slowly been gimping AP Burst carries.

zainiac

07-21-2012

Ad for sure!!!!

Protentialmaster

12-26-2012

The understanding ive gotten is that ad shaco has more of a presence in teamfights. Is this true??? And is AD shaco more fun to play as well as getting you more victories??

Wawix

12-26-2012

ಠ_ಠ

Zulgaines

12-26-2012

You build Shaco AD so that he can kill as many people on the enemy team as possible in a 1v1 fight.

Then you backcap with him or gank bottom when your team can't get momentum back.

1234567 ... 8