Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Counter to Malzahar - solo mid

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HMS BUTTPEE

09-26-2012

AP Cho is good against Malz. Not exactly standard, but it works.

KangarooJacKnife

12-25-2012

i love it when i am a malz playing against akali it goes like this Akali ulti, malz Q+W+R so then she cant do **** and she is losing health at an insane rate. Malz loves champs that can jump to him

powwder

12-25-2012

1) its easy to not get caught by visions bounce, just don;t stand close to the last minion
2) qss his ult
3)
4) win

Guy on a bus

12-25-2012

AP yi => counter to malz. Q on caster minions before one dies (time it so that it dies as you Q on him.) and it should hit malz. almost every time.

FunkyJammies

07-12-2014

I find that any champ that can harass during laning phase and before level 6 can counter very well. Ziggs with his bouncing bomb is a good example. I recently played Malz V Ziggs mid and destroyed him early game, discouraging him from attacking. Hope this helps.

Toge

07-12-2014

Quote:
36t:
What is the best way to counter Malzahar solo mid?

His Malefic Visions just seems really cheap, it can wipe out a whole minion wave and while restoring mana to Malz. Playing Veigar or Ryze mid vs. Malz is no fun.

I guess Annie would be better, but are there tactics to beat him?

Extreme burst is the best counter, if you can tie in a silence, all the better.

Edit: I also think fizz is a good counter to him since you can time your fish to stop his all in and delete him when his **** is on cd.