Best counters to TF Mid?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

S0Stronk

03-30-2012

Im trying to main TF atm. I play him mid preferably but bot hybrid if I can't get mid. Trying to work out what his counters are. Thus far cassiopia is the worst. Akali is soft counter from what I can tell, but when she stealths just pick gold and wait for her to make a move (still soft counter though as she slows down my CS doing that). Other then that maybe swain or Morg, but they dont seem to cause many problems.

Llaz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-30-2012

You shouldn't have any problems on TF. He has no hard counter and at best he is soft countered by a champ with a gap closer. Use your long ranged wild cards to harass and farm and you can easily take a lane from anybody. A couple of quick ganks with your ult can make up for cs lost by sitting back and playing safe.

BeelzeBuff

03-30-2012

pantheon mid.
"tf ults into bottom lane to gank"

"panth mandrops on top of the fight breaking out, scoring a triple"

DotEleven

03-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by S0Stronk View Post
Im trying to main TF atm. I play him mid preferably but bot hybrid if I can't get mid. Trying to work out what his counters are. Thus far cassiopia is the worst. Akali is soft counter from what I can tell, but when she stealths just pick gold and wait for her to make a move (still soft counter though as she slows down my CS doing that). Other then that maybe swain or Morg, but they dont seem to cause many problems.
Actually, TF can counter Akali. Mostly because if she stealths, you pop your ult and she gets ****ed. But the thing is, TF is probably one of the weakest mids in a 1 v 1 fight, your so squishy your counters are the incredibly bursty mages. Morg and Swain you just need to dodge their snares and your fine. The people to really look out for are Annie and LeBlanc who will burst your squishy ass down in less than a second.

Edit: Also if you're playing TF just for his ult to gank lanes, I'd suggest switching to Pantheon for the simple fact that Pantheon (even without his ults damage) does more burst damage than TF.