Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Is Xin Zhao too OP?

He's so OP it's stupid. 8 36.36%
He's not that OP but he is pretty horrible to fight. 14 63.64%
Voters 22 .

Xin Zhao OP or OP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Talon Hero

03-30-2012

I think Xin could use some toning down. Early game he's overpowering then in late game it's just ridiculous at that point. What do you think? Is he OP yes or no?

Mister Rant

03-30-2012

Are... you high?

Cronovey

03-30-2012

Xin is generally regarded as one of the weaker champions right now, actually.

He has a good combo but only if he can land three hits in a row. This is easily countered with boots or any type of CC. Combine this with compound nerfs on his ultimate over and over again and he's honestly somewhat weak.

If played as a jungler, he has good early ganks but there are other champions that have the same early power if not better, and late game his damage is almost laughable unless he literally gets 15k+ gold, and if you let him farm out that much you honestly deserve to lose.

Talon Hero

03-30-2012

Maybe I just play squishy people then <_< seems like everytime I fight him he's just herpderps all over the place and kills everyone

Nanzer

03-30-2012

Xin is fine. Stop complaining about a champ that is fine. Maybe a really small buff to late game would be needed but really he can be good or bad based on your match-ups and skill. Thats how all champs should be.

Aria Sachou

03-30-2012

First off, Biased poll is Biased
there should be a balanced option and an UP option

Xin is UP right now
The reason Xin zhao is such a UP champ was
originally he was dam good, but then they realized that all he could do was charge in, Ulti, QWEQWEQWEQWE
If his numbers were good, it yielded results almost too good
If his numbers were bad, then the only thing he excelled in was toned down, and with almost nothing else outside charging in, he was considered and is UP
Xin players also have to worry about 2 things
Glass or Tanky?
Glass Cannon yields unbelievable damage, and with enough attackspeed you can theoretically use the knockup 3 times in a fight due to immense attackspeed. But the problem is even with ulti, you are squishy as heck... And your charge plants you smack in the middle of the team fight. One CC and focus and BOOM no more Xin.
Tanky dps. You have good tanking capabilities, your ultimate is also a very good plus. Focusing you doesn't work as well, and your damage is pretty good (that's why most Xins go tanky dps).
But problem here is that he can't pull off his combo as often. He sacrifices attackspeed for tankiness. Thus he can't pull off the 3 Proc Knockup, nor can he refresh his CD as fast. All in all tanky dps Xin is out shined by most other tanky dps champs

Try not building Glass cannon

If you lost to a Xin then its your fault. (Or he played smart with Xin)
Don't build glass, he insta-melts with combo
Stay in a group but not so close as so Xin can hit all 5 of you with Ulti
Don't try to 1V1 Xin or go off alone, despite getting heavy nerfs he is still a very good duelist. With proper timing he can use his knockup and charge on you twice in succession.

Btw this was how pub stomp Xins play. Learn to focus him and never go at him 1V1
also the guy playing him is hilarious
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON-6vYobie4

Onimus Terlain

03-30-2012

nice troll.

elnino59

03-30-2012

wonder what level you are dpadhero cause anyone over 20 KNOWS that xin zhao is actually stupid UP...how do i know that? what credibility could i possibly offer? he WAS my main and trust me ive built him so many different ways glass cannon, tank, tanki ad, support, as proc, tank buster, etc. and even though he is ok at where hes at right now id actually like to say he needs a buff into late game cause once the other teams carries get fed its gg for him...

psychopoweranger

03-30-2012

I find it aggravating that the two choices you gave us are extremely bias with a choice of either..he's very op and he is sort of op..Xin is regarded as one of the weaker of the champions and since he is often played as jungle there are many higher priority picks

Merluza00

03-30-2012

where is the option 'he needs a buff'?