Dominion Co-op vs AI Matches - Not Fun

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FDru

03-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cauldrath View Post
I don't know about anyone else, but I got sick of 6-8 minute bot matches where I don't even complete one core item for the build I'm trying out, so I don't try to win the matches anymore - I just try to get as much gold as possible and not lose. So, yes, sometimes the bots will 3 or 4 cap us, because I'm letting them and I will get more gold by staying where I am and farming minions or bots, then going up and grabbing those points later when the spot I'm at is all cleared out or I run low on health/mana. Plus, the more points the bots have, the longer the game will run. You may have teammates who are doing the same, or they might just be that bad.
I don't play Dominion bot matches, but that's how I felt about the ones I played on SR. Bots are easy enough without someone stacking a mejai's / occult to full 8 minutes in then running around 2 shotting every bot. As fun as that may be once or twice, I can't imagine how people continue to get pleasure out of steamrolling helpless opponents with overpowered items.

I'd be pretty happy if I was in the OP's position.

Sauron

03-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
I don't play Dominion bot matches, but that's how I felt about the ones I played on SR. Bots are easy enough without someone stacking a mejai's / occult to full 8 minutes in then running around 2 shotting every bot. As fun as that may be once or twice, I can't imagine how people continue to get pleasure out of steamrolling helpless opponents with overpowered items.

I'd be pretty happy if I was in the OP's position.
I have never once played a Dominion bot match and have only played like 20 SR bot matches ever. Other than doing bravery mode a few times its just not entertaining.

I need an opponent that responds to my actions, like when FDru is on the other team and I pick Poppy.

Vsin

03-30-2012

I dunno, the first time I played Co-op it was on the EU West, Intermediate, and we mopped them up in 5 minutes.

When they run in a straight line towards top or bot, and their PvP is awful, all you need are teammates who know how to do damage and you get an instant 5 cap.

PrometheanRage

03-30-2012

build a frozen mallet - the bots can't get away and their health gets too low to fight, so they often end up walking in circles while i kill them......

ZeroAquaduct

03-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by inFe eD View Post
Way, way too many skeptics in this thread who I'm willing to bet have never touched a bot game in their lives. Go try one; the bots are much better at going for objectives than the average player is. They just can't deal with PvP at all.
Yeah, that's what I think as well. I play intermediate bots mostly, with normal matches here and there. So far, I find bots to be stronger than (or on-par with) humans when it comes to team play. They'll actually ninja your points and push minion waves, forcing you to break up your defense and run around.

Veni13

03-30-2012

Most of the time I play easy bots is when I'm lagging too hard for a regular game, sometimes when trying new heroes, or both.
To be honest, if you're level 30, you should be be able to carry these games (unless lagging too hard). That being said, there are ridiculously noob players to be found there, but hey, that's to be expected playing AI, especially easy AI. Gotta deal with it.

Hawkwìng

03-30-2012

i dont believe you OP.

every dominion bot game i have played ended in a 4-5 cap against the bots.

However in my experience its common at low lvls (experienced from playing my smurf) to lose the first top fight.

I think its because low levels are just unfamilar with the various heros, and dont know who to avoid/target first. Untill the match has gone a few miniuts, and a few fights have occured.

CommodoreSkippy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-30-2012

Wow, this isn't what I expected at all. Yeah, I find that bot games really aren't that fun, but because they're painfully easy, not too difficult.

I think you should read a few guides and poke around the forums for some advice to help you learn the ropes more. The game can be a big adjustment to those who are only used to Classic.

Forestgreen02

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-30-2012

Huh? I just did my first win of the day playing AP Olaf. No joke go look at my history. Spell vamp Olaf, got 1st place too. How the heck do you almost lose bot games? I would only understand if 3 of your teammates dced all game.

Rikukun

04-01-2012

dominion bots are horrible, except for maybe karthus bot, he is at least decent, but still nothing compared to a really good human player karthus