[Guide] AP Spike Kassadin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Octagonal Seven

11-23-2009

Switched to sorc boots. I'll never go back.

Catalyst / Sorc Boots / Soulstealer / Void Staff

Then.. depending on the game.

Doing Well: Save for Zyona's Ring
Doing not so Well: Complete Rod of Ages

Game is over after that.

Kelin

11-25-2009

The Senate, thanks for this guide. This has been a very handy tool and I've played many games with succes. Basically my kassadin is completely based on this guide and the discussion following your guide.

For the supernoobs, how I play.

Lvl 1 - 5, Start out with sapphire crystal and 2 health pots. Help your lane mate harrassing with null sphere, use E ability to safe allies and slow enemy's down so you guys can o and kill. Safe some mana for good oppurtinities don't spill it all at once.

Lvl 6: Lvl 5 I have enough money for catalyst the protecter (925 gold), if I had to go back earlier (on lvl 3) i just buy the ruby crystal and keep on going. Buy catalyst asap when you can afford it tho!
Usually bad enemies tend to stick around with low health. If you hit six, make it a quick end (with your preserved E ability).

I now save for mobility boots (1000 gold). Don't go back, never. Your catalyst should grand you plenty health and mana sometimes you just have to wait. I usually make kills out of people who are near dead and are hoping to escape. Quick kill of a tower hugger, that kind of stuff. Ashe is a GREAT mate with her ultimate and slow.

After boots of mobility the fun starts. I buy mejai soulstealer (in parts most of the time, after failed ganks when you teleport back oom). Once this on is on the hunt starts.

After mejai I need mana. So usually buy the sage's ring 975 gold (500 mana). (I'm now experimenting with Void Staff that gives - 40 % magic resistant, mana and ability power. ITS GOOD!, it's not in the game database, but check your local shop for it =))

After this I usually get rylai, zhonya 's ring, complete rod of ages. If it ever comes this far.

As you can see this is almost exactly your guide.

Some little tips: Save your silence for katarina and nunu. Great ultimate killers! (bonus on Katarina, she cannot blink away!)

You are a great elixer carrier, very hard to kill and since you are not really the first one to go in you roam the edges of the battlefield. Easy kills on evelyn and twitch.

Try to team up with katarina/mundo or lane against them. (they are almost always present in every game so it should be doable). This way you can do your aoe damage a lot.

Don't always directly teleport away if someone is chasing you. Sometimes it's better to draw him to your friends and then blink instead of clicking right away. (this is rare, but it's frustrating to see people not use enemy follow craziness.)

Well this is about it.

Anyway, thanks for the guidance the senate.

ps. I totally get why smite is so good... but clairvoyance is just too good to leave out. Especially on low lvls where I play people do stupid things and the only way to make em survive is to show 5 enemy's in the bushes. Also great for making a quick kill withlow life people teleporting.

The Senate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-29-2009

Kassadin makes the best bait ever.

Blink in, aggress the other team, blow through your health and mana, escape with 15-20% of your health. Every time I did that, the other team was totally baited into chasing after me to attempt to get the kill, only to get totally punked.

Here's a new Kassadin tactic: Hang around the back lines of teamfights with low health, bait people into chasing you, and blink away once they overextend. Somebody would commit to trying to kill me, overextend away from their tower right into my team and totally get raped. Hell, half the time I was able to blink back fast enough to polish off the final spell myself.

Mobility + Low Health + Smart Team = Win

BIG EDIT: God damn it. I just played a couple matches with Kassadin and Chalice. God damn it. God damn it. Chalice is actually pretty neat on him. God damn it. I need to rewrite my whole freaking guide.

spawn10459

Banned

12-01-2009

here is my item build.

Kage's Lucky Pick
Mejai's Soul Stealer
Mercany teads
Lich Bane.

By this point the game is over but if its not then i try and make Nashor's Tooth.
as far as runes go. i need to completely redo my runes for this hero alone. I may go with + helth and mana or i may go +AP. not sure yet.

has any one tried Deathfire Grasp with Kass's ult?

+70 Ability Power +30 Magic Resist Passive: On spell cast, you damage each nearby enemy for up to 10% of their current Health. No just think. 10% helth + the damage of your ult every 5 seconds............ Need i say more goin try it out tonight.

Kelin

12-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Senate View Post
Kassadin makes the best bait ever.

Blink in, aggress the other team, blow through your health and mana, escape with 15-20% of your health. Every time I did that, the other team was totally baited into chasing after me to attempt to get the kill, only to get totally punked.

Here's a new Kassadin tactic: Hang around the back lines of teamfights with low health, bait people into chasing you, and blink away once they overextend. Somebody would commit to trying to kill me, overextend away from their tower right into my team and totally get raped. Hell, half the time I was able to blink back fast enough to polish off the final spell myself.

Mobility + Low Health + Smart Team = Win

BIG EDIT: God damn it. I just played a couple matches with Kassadin and Chalice. God damn it. God damn it. Chalice is actually pretty neat on him. God damn it. I need to rewrite my whole freaking guide.
Little explanation is on its place here. Rather than rewriting your guide please just give item list and why one needs chalice?

What happened to the "do not invest in mana reg"?

Tarion

12-04-2009

Quote:
BIG EDIT: God **** it. I just played a couple matches with Kassadin and Chalice. God **** it. God **** it. Chalice is actually pretty neat on him. God **** it. I need to rewrite my whole freaking guide.
Anything to do with the Catalyst nerfs, by any chance?

With Catalyst taking a hit and the Mejai's changes, what're you doing?

I look forward to seeing a few changes to this guide (Hopefully edited into the first post).

By far the best Kass thing I've seen.

EDIT: spawn10459 - Deathfire's doesn't actually do that any more. It's now an activated ability that knocks of 25% of their current health (IIRC). Quite handy, but needs to be used as an opener. Not sure on it myself.

Oh, and Chalice is pretty sexy. Awesome M.Res, and the Regen is insane for a high mana hero like Kassadin.

TheDapperPenguin

12-09-2009

Still waiting on that updated item list, TheSenate!

TomatoBisque

Adjudicator

12-09-2009

He made an entirely new guide.

The Senate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-09-2009

Actually, this guide kinda came full circle and is surprisingly relevant once again.

Kilolas

12-09-2009

Quote:
Kassadin, The Voidwalker (AP Spike)Also remember that you can charge up your Riftwalk to a high multiplier at your fountain and then Teleport into battle with a x7 blink. Thatís always fun.
Lol very fun indeed, never thought of that before and I decided to try it once, 1-shotted a Teemo with a x10 Riftwalk, great guide btw.