[Guide] AP Spike Kassadin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zacharemus

11-17-2009

Quote:
As far as seeing more Kassadins, I don't know if I should take credit. The majority of Kassadins I see are still spending money on, in my eyes, stupid items. Chalice of Harmony, Philospher's Stone, Sheen, Sorc Boots. Those are all subpar Kassadin items, yet I still see them all the freaking time. It's been a while since I've seen a Kassadin get Catalyst first, though I haven't been playing as much.
Sorc boots on Kass are not that bad a thing right now, with the +15 Magic Pen. that is on them now. I agree with another post here that Kass is already a very good chaser, one of the best in the game naked. You don't NEED mobility boots. I've used them, and it was alright, I just FEEL I'm getting more use out of the new Sorc boots, especially right AT 6, when I start to gank with the boots. No one has any Magic resist yet, and cutting their starting magic resist in half that early, is good.

I have used your item build for quite a while, and have been experimenting with my own thought on what would be good. I honestly go tear first now. I have no problem with my health in the early game, before I start on the Rod and get the catalyst, and eventually get the Archangels which such a high mana pool.

Works for me at least, your item build works too, and I think when I can stack Magic pen. runes, I will start using Mobility boots again, but for now(Next 3 days hopefully) I vote for Sorc boots.

EvilTelly

11-17-2009

So, this is an awesome guide btw! But i told my friends about it and as soon i said i said BoM in the item build, they laughed and said all boots suck except for Mercury Treads..... Im still stickin with the BoM, but was curious on your guys' perspective

Eviltelly

TheDapperPenguin

11-18-2009

God I love Kassadin.

Had a streak of pretty crappy games using a couple different champions. Decided to roll with Kass again since it had been a while and went 18-0-6.

<3 Kass

Arafel

Friend of Urf

11-18-2009

Wow, huge props for hammering the idea of Catalyst. That coupled with Smite is AMAZING. Chase and burn mana when you're 1 creepkill from a level, they turn around because they see you're oom, you smite, unload three spells, they're DEAD. And the 7x Rift Walk on a port is awesome, too. Great tips in this guide.

The Senate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2009

Okay so Kassadin got a very very light nerf. Shouldn't change how he's played at all.

Dahras

11-21-2009

Okay first of all, thank you so much for witting this guide. I have had some of my best games ever because of you (7-0-10 first game... other team surrendered minute 25.... 11-1-10 next game.... 30 minute surrender). Secondly, Do you still think an early Mejai is still viable? A lot of the later pages have proposed Rod of ages (presumably to allow greater riftwalk stacking and survivability).

EDIT: I didn't say anything about an item that doesnt exist... nope X_X

Noth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-22-2009

I love this build, although I tend to get Mejai before rod of ages and really if there is no one able to stun me laning against me I can't be stopped. Kassadin has become my new favorite character. I even stood toe to toe against Ryze multiple times taking his ultimate and dropping him before it can bounce back at me and I laugh when he tries to set ganks with his prison.

ralphinator

11-22-2009

I just started trying sheen as my first item, I like it the most so far.

Usually I go Sheen>Sorc boots/Merc treads>Catalyst>Rod>Rylais

Taziana

11-22-2009

So, finally had a match in which I tried your build, only I skipped over Rylai's because the match was going to be finished soon.

I went Sapphire > Catalyst > Boots 1 > Mobility (pilled early) > Blasting Wand > Soulstealer > Blasting Wand x2 > Zhonya's > Rod of Ages.

It did not provide the amount of AP I usually have, but it worked out completely fine for nuking certain individuals during team battles, nabbing runners, and exploding those lurking around in the bushes with three-fourths to half health. I definitely liked the added survivability with the extra HP, as I usually build him as a glass cannon. Mana deficiency was not a big problem, but it never is towards the end of mid to late game.

Also, the only reason I tried Boots of Mobility was because of your guide, and I must say that I absolutely love them, haha. The extra run speed is extremely nice when it comes to helping out teammates in a hurry while Rift Walking before nuking the opposition.

All-in-all, I like your build, definitely different from my usual, but I will be trying it out some more, see what I might like to switch up.

Dahras

11-22-2009

A few Kassadin tips:

- You are a ninja. In a team battle, a great way you can help your team is flanking the enemy, blinking in, killing a squishy, and blinking out. Not only did you eliminate a threat, you also probably distracted the other team who now desperately wants to avenge their fallen comrade, your team can now exploit this.

- In the same vein, you are epic bait. Nothing is better than sitting at 25% health and through a combination of Boots of Mobility and timely blinks, luring part of their team into your whole team, blinking back in, and getting a double kill.

- On the other hand, you really don't want to sit at 25% as Kassadin, even with this semi-tank build. You are still oh so squishy.

- As Kassadin, the higher the ELO, the more map aware and the more... well... psychic you have to be. In Newbie Island, its not that hard to find the straggler just waiting to be ganked. In Mid to High range, 80% of the easy kills won't be obvious and most of the kills you think will be easy, are just bait (especially after your first few kills).

- The best places to look for easy kills in higher ELO matches are the neutral moster areas. If a spell caster who wasn't low on health didn't teleport but is MIA and their Golem is up, go there to see if you have an easy kill. Just be careful, they could counter gank you easily in their turf.