Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Kassadin - Best build for Dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

inFe eD

03-29-2012

Not leveling q over e? I like it for poke more.

AO Alt

03-29-2012

Quote:
inFe eD:
Not leveling q over e? I like it for poke more.

It lacks damage. It's decent for poke, but past level 6 you don't need it for poke anymore. E scales better in damage, and it's AOE, and more importantly, its cooldown is *much* shorter.
All in all, it's a much better skill for team fights, and single target skirmishes.
Only advantage in Q is that you aren't as dependant on people casting spells, and the silence lasts longer if they have someone dangerous as a caster.

RealWolf M

03-29-2012

Quote:
AO Alt:
It lacks damage. It's decent for poke, but past level 6 you don't need it for poke anymore. E scales better in damage, and it's AOE, and more importantly, its cooldown is *much* shorter.
All in all, it's a much better skill for team fights, and single target skirmishes.
Only advantage in Q is that you aren't as dependant on people casting spells, and the silence lasts longer if they have someone dangerous as a caster.

"Kassadin can use Force Pulse to deal 80/130/180/230/280 (+0.7) magic damage"

" dealing 80/130/180/230/280 (+0.7) magic damage "

Um, they are identical in damage.

Differences are:
Single target/AoE
Silence/SLow
1-2.6s / 30%-50%

So by levelling Q, you get a better silence, by levelling E you get a better slow.

AO Alt

03-30-2012

Quote:
RealWolf M:
"Kassadin can use Force Pulse to deal 80/130/180/230/280 (+0.7) magic damage"

" dealing 80/130/180/230/280 (+0.7) magic damage "

Um, they are identical in damage.

Differences are:
Single target/AoE
Silence/SLow
1-2.6s / 30%-50%

So by levelling Q, you get a better silence, by levelling E you get a better slow.

I meant with the lower cooldown. Sorry I know I made it confusing when I later mentioned shorter cooldown as an advantage as well. That was more refering to the ability to keep the slow up more often.
Null sphere has 50% longer cooldown (9 seconds compared to 6), and costs more mana too, if you level it.

konfetarius

03-30-2012

I don't see much point in rushing Tear that fast. You can't stack it up until you have your R, and Catalyst gives you more power in the first fight than boots will IMO; and you can buy boots after your first death/back.

So I would say that catalyst, followed by boots, followed by tear is better. Unless you get absolutely wrecked, you will have tear by level 6-7; losing, what, 50 mana at the most?

Though, I suppose if you get an enemy team of all ranged, boots will be more important, but Kass eats those teams anyway.

BduL

03-30-2012

be a real man

full offensive masteries + runes(ap, mpen)

that ap item with hp thing + boots > tear > sorc > deathcap > finish tear for the ap thing > void staff > lichbane or w/e ap item u want

dive in and stay like a man bc thats how badass u are

if u dont do this u are not a man and no matter the outcome of the match, u suk

dont listen to that Sauron guy... he is a big pĆ¼ssy kass. h4h4h4h

lolol

AO Alt

03-30-2012

Quote:
konfetarius:
I don't see much point in rushing Tear that fast. You can't stack it up until you have your R, and Catalyst gives you more power in the first fight than boots will IMO; and you can buy boots after your first death/back.

So I would say that catalyst, followed by boots, followed by tear is better. Unless you get absolutely wrecked, you will have tear by level 6-7; losing, what, 50 mana at the most?

Though, I suppose if you get an enemy team of all ranged, boots will be more important, but Kass eats those teams anyway.

For the first fight going catalyst is absolutely not worth it over boots and 2 hp potions. Not only is it only 100 more hp than a ruby, but you also end up with no potions. Leaving you with the same hp, or lower after drinking 1 / 2 potions.
I can see going ruby, saphire, boots 2 hp pots and then into catalyst and then into tear. But honestly? 100 hp early game over the additional mana both early and late game just doesn't justify it.

konfetarius

03-30-2012

You have enough cash for a potion, actually, and the Catalyst Active. And the additional Tear mana is probably less than the the variance of you getting QEW casts in combat and deaths.

AO Alt

03-30-2012

Quote:
konfetarius:
You have enough cash for a potion, actually.

Oh right, you do actually. Well, guess that makes it slightly better. But the lack of boots and that second hp potions kinda negates the value of going cata first.

konfetarius

03-30-2012

Still feels like you are neglecting the Catalyst level up.