Tryndamere Help - the best way *sigh* i dont know :(

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

rapierer3000

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2010

[english is not my mother language so pls be nice :P ]

I Play TT only. Never SR.

I want to be a good Tryndamere. I did around 20 games the last 3 days and read tons of guides and math stuff about crit damage < arm pen etc.

( It takes a lot more time and games i know, but to take the best path as early as i can i wanna have som advice from you)

At the moment i play like this :
Runes : 8% Crit Chance runes, Arm Pen, Dodge, Magic Res

Ingame i start with +8 Crit Chance + 2 red pots and try to build phantom dancer and zerkers greaves.
After boots, Phantom Dancer and maybe a green elixier i build bf sword and if the game istn over try to build IE
But with this its really really really tough earlygame. I cannot stand ranged champs or Ap shacos etc. And it really relies on crits because a long time there is no damage item.

I skill W first to "scout" in which bush they hide and to slow them when they run to afford us first blood. After it i skill E to escape when its getting hot.
After this i try to max Q whenever i can to heal myself fast.

Q>W>E

I dont know which path of playing Tryndanere is the best. If u can say there is really a best way. I stuck on the Question about runes.

A)

(Thats from a guide)
Runes : Red, Blue, Yellow and Purple Crit Chance runes
Ingame : Zerkers, Last Whisper, Infinity Edge

B)
(Thats what i think)
Runes : Arm Pen Red + Purple, Yellow Dodge, Blue Cooldown
Ingame : Zerkers, Phantom Dancer, Infinity Edge

I read that armor penetration > crit damage so i dont get crit damage runes.

A) is somehow only good for Tryndamere whereas B) is good for all other normal dps champs.

What can help me 1-6 to survive and dont feed.
I Thought about Ability Power Runes to make Q heal up better. But This would destroy Arm Pen / Critchance.

Hope u have some Tips for me

Ebonclaw

08-04-2010

Getting Armor Pen on Trynd is counterproductive, so is skilling up ANYTHING other than Bloodlust, every single time a point is available for it, until you hit 5.

Tryndamere is 100% reliant, in everything that he does, on consistently landing crits on his foes. If you aren't a crit strike machine, you are asking for failure - I've seen Trynd rush straight to an IE, get a string of non-crits with his sad attack speed, then hit Undying Rage and Spin out. Net benefit? None.

Put your first point into Bloodlust, then I do Spin next so that you can at least not die any time anyone with a less item dependent champ decides you look tasty. At level 3 you get to Rank 2 Bloodlust, now you actually can heal yourself for a fair amount, so you become a bit harder to just harass out of the lane. At level 4 you get Mock, now you're actually kind of dangerous. You will snowball like this just from your skillups until about 9, when you max out Bloodlust. Now it's all about your item choices.

Likewise, if you do not start with Brawler's Gloves and 2 HP pots, you are gimping yourself, and you will lose against all but the stupidest opponents. With proper Runes, Masteries, and your Gloves, you'll show 18-20% crit chance at 100%hp at level 1. This is very low, and is only marginally effective - read as, barely effective enough to keep you in the game if you play smart - anything less is just embarassing failure.

Once crit chance is getting high-ish (like say, 50% at full hp), I like to grab Last Whisper. Now, you're not only critting very frequently, but you're really whipping them out at a furious rate, and the 40% Armor Pen is really all that you should need, or ever get (stacking Flat Pen with % Pen erodes the cost effectiveness), and you can start thinking about your IE. Basically rushing Infinity Edge before you get your Crit and Attack Speed high enough, is like gambling on snowball items - if everything goes your way, you're golden, but your entire game can just blow up in your face, leaving you with a senseless loss.

Naphtal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-04-2010

imho
aspd > crit dmg > crit chance > armor pen runes for trynd

since his passive already gives 50% crit chance, crit chance runes are neglible, crit dmg is nice and all, but your gonna rely on landing the crit like "all the time" to make it work. armor pen is only good if they suddenly decide to stand still and let a trynd beat them down while they stare at the screaming man

Draguun

08-04-2010

what i like do for Tryndamere since hes one of my mains, the items i get are

1. Berserkers Greaves (for the attack speed and move speed)
2. Phantom Dancer (for the critical chance, move speed, dodge rate and attack speed)
3. Frozen Mallet (for the hp boost, attack boost and the slow on hit effect)
now for 4 i usually go for the Blood Thirster for the life steal and attack damage, but if i have the gold by then ill go for the Infinity Edge instead because of the critical damage boost.
5.Blood Thirster or Infinity Edge, whichever one you didnt get
6. whatever helps by this time in the game

CudgeltheClever

08-04-2010

boots should be either merc treads to control the cc that is always going to go your way or boots of mobility so u can be in every fight spinning over walls and putting chickens on their heads. zerk boots are nubstyle. Start the game with a brawlers glove and 2 hp pots. first point needs to be in spinning slash because dying as trynd is not cool and if u become underleveled ur more useless than an ad ani. try taking cleanse and ghost as ur summoner skills this will ensure u wont get first blooded and u should be able to survive the laning phase. If you really love play trynd invest in some god**** crit chance runes! they are necessary to play him effectively

Lynxion

08-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebonclaw View Post
Getting Armor Pen on Trynd is counterproductive, so is skilling up ANYTHING other than Bloodlust, every single time a point is available for it, until you hit 5.

Tryndamere is 100% reliant, in everything that he does, on consistently landing crits on his foes. If you aren't a crit strike machine, you are asking for failure - I've seen Trynd rush straight to an IE, get a string of non-crits with his sad attack speed, then hit Undying Rage and Spin out. Net benefit? None.

Put your first point into Bloodlust, then I do Spin next so that you can at least not die any time anyone with a less item dependent champ decides you look tasty. At level 3 you get to Rank 2 Bloodlust, now you actually can heal yourself for a fair amount, so you become a bit harder to just harass out of the lane. At level 4 you get Mock, now you're actually kind of dangerous. You will snowball like this just from your skillups until about 9, when you max out Bloodlust. Now it's all about your item choices.

Likewise, if you do not start with Brawler's Gloves and 2 HP pots, you are gimping yourself, and you will lose against all but the stupidest opponents. With proper Runes, Masteries, and your Gloves, you'll show 18-20% crit chance at 100%hp at level 1. This is very low, and is only marginally effective - read as, barely effective enough to keep you in the game if you play smart - anything less is just embarassing failure.

Once crit chance is getting high-ish (like say, 50% at full hp), I like to grab Last Whisper. Now, you're not only critting very frequently, but you're really whipping them out at a furious rate, and the 40% Armor Pen is really all that you should need, or ever get (stacking Flat Pen with % Pen erodes the cost effectiveness), and you can start thinking about your IE. Basically rushing Infinity Edge before you get your Crit and Attack Speed high enough, is like gambling on snowball items - if everything goes your way, you're golden, but your entire game can just blow up in your face, leaving you with a senseless loss.
Trust this man, the other three are stupid and should never play Tryndamere.

Edit: Except for Level 1 skill, I prefer mocking shout if my lane mate doesn't have good CC, spinning slash if he does.

Chakki

08-04-2010

Rush Zeal, then reg. boots, then IE, then upgrade (95% merc treads), then PDancer. If you haven't won yet get Frozen Mallet. Full crit% runes, offensive masteries. As far as playstyle, your job is to assinate carries in teamfights after popping your ulti, do this and you'll win (and farm a lot).

rapierer3000

08-05-2010

Ok thx for your replies. But why are all of u downvoted ? It wasnt me doing this !

With ALL runes beeing Crit Chance + Masteries + Gloves it will be allready 30% at 100Hp Starting at level one. Sounds nice to me so i will focus on Crit Chance runes..

Marks : 9*0,93 = 8,37
Seal : 9*0,42 = 3,78
Glyphs : 9*0,28 = 2,52
Quints : 3*1,86 =5,58
Masteries : 2

ThetaSigma

08-05-2010

I love Tryn, he is seriously underrated. Crit chance runes are a must, as is starting with brawler's and pots. Turn the gloves into executioner's calling and get tabi. The Executioner's calling really helps with crits and the lifesteal is great.

1) Brawler's Gloves
2) Executioner's Calling
3) Ninja Tabi
4) Phantom Dancer
5) Infinity Edge
6) PD or more damage

Don't usually finish the IE

Arrivederco

08-05-2010

I wouldn't use armor pen on him.

Another part of crit is, getting bursted by crit early game will freak someone out a lot more than taking 20% more non-crit damage from armor pen. The randomness can let you down or help you a lot.