Why Does No one Play Yorick?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wulf Of Highland

03-29-2012

He is the gulie theme of top Lane. Except vs Riven.

RAGESTARVED

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-29-2012

Because you can actually die from boredom if you play him more than three games in a row.

RattyZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAGESTARVED View Post
Because you can actually die from boredom if you play him more than three games in a row.
Truth.

Also, he's not really that bad vs Riven, I just end up building toward Frozen Heart rather than Manamune. Early Chain vest is great.

AntiMages

03-29-2012

I feel like if you resort to playing that champ just to win in solo q you're really pathetic.....

HongWeiLo

03-29-2012

Yes I have to agree with Rage. Every game is the same game. Doing well with him isn't very hard, but when you do (should be almost always) you don't feel like you accomplished much. I was a big fan for like the first week he was out, then, totally stopped playing him.

There's literally no one he's bad against. Vlad can potentially out poke him, but isn't played top very often and Yorick will still be hard to get out of the lane.

GG4eva

03-29-2012

Hmm... Idk either but maybe because it's situational with your AD carry?
If your AD carry isn't worth resurrecting and you'd rather have a good bruiser late game.

plasmatorture

03-29-2012

never had a problem with Riven as Yorick.

If you can just get one kill up by outplaying them you win the lane.

Glo3BeaR

03-29-2012

You will win lane, outside of lane all you have is the ulti for your ad carry

Vlademere

03-29-2012

yorick is fun, i could see how you could get bored. Many matchups the lane just ends up stalling

plasmatorture

03-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glo3BeaR View Post
You will win lane, outside of lane all you have is the ulti for your ad carry
+ a decent slow, pretty good bursty but also sustained damage and a lot of tankiness.

and even if that weren't the case that ult alone + winning lane = winning the game