Dominion is underrated

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ha11uc1n0g3n

Member

03-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rindon Calsar View Post
It is underrated/under used because 95% of the time you have someone AFK in every game. It is not fun playing 4v5 as either the winner or the loser.
I haven't had an AFK in a loooooonnngg time. The reason why AFKs happen so frequently to a lot of players is starting Elo.

When you first play Dominion your normal Elo is set at 1200, 1300, or 1400 depending on whether you chose Beginner, Intermediate, or Expert (respectively) when you created your account. This means that if you're in the 1200 to 1400 range you can expect a lot of new or noob players that will AFK because they have no real investment in the game mode.

tl:dr Get out of the 1200-1400 Elo range and AFKs are virtually non-existent...at least for me.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Orphane

Senior Member

03-29-2012

Disconnects and afks suck, they really do. But at least they only waste 12 minutes of your time as opposed to a potential 20+ on Summoner's Rift. Once you get higher up afk'ers/dc'ers get weeded out quite quickly.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DisposableGod

Senior Member

03-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMETIEMisbanned View Post
I'm the kind of player the prefers ****ting on my opponents and drastically setting them back rather than just doing well by myself. it's why I can't play AD carries worth ****. In dominion that feeling is nonexistant because there is very little penalty for dying, everyone gets tons of free gold and experience, and no matter what on team can always come back.

there just isn't that satisfying feeling of absolutely crushing your enemies. main reason I don't play dominion.
Ok, so dominating the top lane fight, and then beating them all the way back to their mid point, AND THEN holding that point in a 4 cap, turning the game into a 10minute stomp fest. TOTALLY isn't a crushing win. Ok... =)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-29-2012

Never had afks on Doominion unil someone pointed it out, created a smurf account to level it while ONLy playing dominion, there's always an afk every Dominion match at low summonner levels, specially if some team loses the windmill without actually doing considerable damage to the enemy , it's like if someone took the worst of the banned folks and dumped them in Dominion low Summonner's, some even stay at the base throughout the match insulting their own team in the all chat the whole match.

Just Endure it: you'll reach a high Enough Elo to reduce it even more each time you level up, then there won't be that manya fks, trust me


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redenbacher

Senior Member

03-29-2012

It's unfortunate that low levels are such a cesspool. That's incredibly toxic to bringing in new players, especially for Dominion.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zavy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ha11uc1n0g3n View Post
I haven't had an AFK in a loooooonnngg time. The reason why AFKs happen so frequently to a lot of players is starting Elo.

When you first play Dominion your normal Elo is set at 1200, 1300, or 1400 depending on whether you chose Beginner, Intermediate, or Expert (respectively) when you created your account. This means that if you're in the 1200 to 1400 range you can expect a lot of new or noob players that will AFK because they have no real investment in the game mode.

tl:dr Get out of the 1200-1400 Elo range and AFKs are virtually non-existent...at least for me.
That's basically it. Even in the 1500s I seldom had an AFKer. Then I lost 11 out of 13 games and dropped deep into the 1400s. =( Thankfully, I haven't had an AFKer in a while. Had one guy crash... twice... but we still won it. =D (One of the best games I've had this year in fact.)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GrignardTS

Senior Member

03-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMETIEMisbanned View Post
I'm the kind of player the prefers ****ting on my opponents and drastically setting them back rather than just doing well by myself. it's why I can't play AD carries worth ****. In dominion that feeling is nonexistant because there is very little penalty for dying, everyone gets tons of free gold and experience, and no matter what on team can always come back.
Thinking death does not have as much draw backs in Dominion shows me what your experience level with this mode is.

Quote:
there just isn't that satisfying feeling of absolutely crushing your enemies. main reason I don't play dominion.
Yes, because there is only the feeling of outplaying your opponent. For everyone has a similar 'fed' level.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Heek

Senior Member

06-10-2012

People don't worry about their KD as much in dominion and rather just focus on winning . Dat teamwork.
I love it.


123