Moscow Five Changes the Face of League Play

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LordHippoman

03-29-2012

Aren't these guys the ones who /all chatted "GTFO *******" during a live, official, tournament match a month or so ago?

Sunnydeath12

03-29-2012

GO moscow 5

Apollinarius

03-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ding an Sich View Post
Not to beat down on m5 winning streak (very impressive), but I'm personally curious as to how they do against their own kind. We saw them fight aAa well, but in the recent EU tournament and then King of europe tournament they were bested either quite easily or by another top team on that side of the world (CLG EU).

This and we have yet to get a strong Asian team showing from lets say WE or MiG, I'm not sure if their keep is that well earned.

TL;DR: M5 has beaten the NA circut pretty well, but with their loses in EU tournaments, and barely any experience with the asian sphere of play, do they really deserve that much credit?
The focus of the article is the training and practice schedule that M5 have. Their routine clearly results in superior teamwork, even if their individual performance lacks.

In the games against CLG.eu at Kings of Europe, they lost in every lane all three games. Nevertheless, in the second game, they were able to consistently win teamfights.

Also, for whatever reason, their online tournament performance is noticably worse than their offline performance. In online tournaments, they often make plays where the reaction is, "what were they thinking?" But offline, it's much tighter. More plays just work, and they work very well.

While I like their playstyle, I'm more interested to see other teams start to practice more rigorously and theorycraft new strategies. M5 is a good team, no doubt, but their impact on the sport goes beyond just their performance.

Delifox

03-29-2012

Funny how they mentioned 4Not team and Dan Dinh joining them, since I have been following them for few weeks already after randomly stumbling upon their streams.. I'm really expecting a lot from them, especially from their girl team, since I'm really hoping for more pro girl gamers to reach higher levels, since in e-sports male and female genes don't matter that much, so imo it's just an matter of time before we see good pro girl gamers.

But having Dan Dinh as a part of their team must be a great help for them already, so really looking forward seeing them reaching some good results, as they have taken already quite a few games from other top teams..

Eastmanistan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXGospellXx View Post
Cuz u cant live the whole life from this,football give u money but football player or soccer or anothers pros...have studys on background to be something on the life,this guys begun with 10 years to play and live only for this kind of things,thinking the whole live playing games will give thems to eat..but when the game is gone and they are nothing again with no study,with no life,with no goals....what they will become,addicts?,criminals?,thief?
Games should be taken as they are hobbies,is good some of thems become sponsored and all that...but take in count the others 100,000 or millions who will try reach this guys lvls losing his real jobs,relationships,sanity and all that....
Most pro football players are not falling back on their degrees after they retire. Hopefully they saved their money and if not their status as a former pro is likely much more valuable than their degree.

Pro gamers, by virutue of reaching a certain level of play, have demonstrated a set of skills that are quite valuable to the now enormous video game industry. Their status as a former pro is something for them to fall back on, not that I think they really need something to fall back on. Most pro gamers are quite young and have plenty of time to figure out what their life will be. Right now they're working hard to be literally the best in the world at something (even if you want to demean that thing) and I expect that that experience will treat them well in the long run. I really doubt they'll end up as addicts, criminals, or thieves.

Lastly I just want to point out that people give up everything to play sports too. If you want to read some sad **** about people chasing a dream, read about the minor league baseball players who chase that chance to play in the pros well into their 30's, or the linebackers who after a few years of play pro football are left with chronic life altering injuries. Most pro gamers will likely retire and move on well before they're 30 and no worse for wear health wise.

Mjaxon

03-29-2012

Doesn't M5 live separately?

IM ROB1N

03-29-2012

really, this game take little to learn and master. the only portion that matters is the teamwork which only takes 5 guys that understand the actual meaning of the word. Thats all M5 did. Most people who play the game thinks its all commando and call of duty with their "1v1" me remarks. I learned this game in a day and lost only 30 times compared to my 600+ wins playing with only 2 other friends that actual understand teamwork.

If you want a real competitive game, go play one that actually takes skill.

ShantyKing

03-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM ROB1N View Post
really, this game take little to learn and master. the only portion that matters is the teamwork which only takes 5 guys that understand the actual meaning of the word. Thats all M5 did. Most people who play the game thinks its all commando and call of duty with their "1v1" me remarks. I learned this game in a day and lost only 30 times compared to my 600+ wins playing with only 2 other friends that actual understand teamwork.

If you want a real competitive game, go play one that actually takes skill.
youre a level 8 player with 15 wins and 10 losses, who has already transcended the skill cap of this game? im confused. where are the 600+ wins?

OVERLORD OSIRIS

03-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackthorn View Post
While I commend the effort American teams will never reach the dedication or drive of those from Europe and beyond. This is evident in the way they act on streams, refuse not to stream when playing tournaments when asked, and fight constantly amongst themselves before during and after games. Watching European teams and Asian teams is like a concert in harmony even after a huge loss; Watching American teams is like watching Mike and Molly on full blast surround sound.
All day.

BIG RETARD ALERT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-29-2012

Changes the Face of League Play.....sure..... wasn't that hard to change it anyways