Best Top Laner?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

belzimilien

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

03-28-2012

i like xin

wrzp

03-28-2012

Xin is decent early game but he doesn't scale into mid-late.

Zsadist16

03-28-2012

Poppy es #1 Top Lane ask da Spam Happy. But in all reality, Shen is the number one top imo.

chato000

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-28-2012

I liked to use singed top lane

Kilos Ataraxia

03-28-2012

Yi top es #1. there can only be one!

Dragon Striker9

03-28-2012

Umm this is more of a random one, but once I had to solo top as a Sona since my ally was AFK. Funny story short, I owned them.

BlackJesus101

03-28-2012

Gangplank is one of the strongest top laners and can win most common matchups im not talking about the stupid critplank build just go tanky dps and counter build if possible.

Cho'Gath can be good but against strong early game champs with good harass he can have a bit of trouble given his slow speed and limited escape mechanisms.

Singed is a great pick when fed but hes even weaker early than Cho'Gath and has no real sustain many popular top picks will dominate him and stop him farming easily so if going Singed it is best to be last pick and to check that the enemy team has nothing that he cant handle.

Irelia is strong late game when fed but after the nerfs her sustain isnt OP in the laning phase anymore so try to just farm it up she can still farm well under turret which is good it is still diffucult to completely dominate her in lane unless she is being over aggressive or pushing the lane

Shen and Olaf i am not sure about but both seem to be very situational picks rather than standard solo tops

oh and Teemo is still viable despite all the Teemo UP qq threads i find that i prefer an on hit build with stuff like malady/wits end/bloodrazor/frozen mallet with a build inculuding some of these you can become an absolute terror melting tanks or carries in seconds not to mention the utility of his shrooms

Draiders

03-28-2012

Surprised there wasn't a single mention of Riven.

Riven is an extremely strong top laner that wins almost every lane just by being aggressive at the early levels because of her passive steroid.

She is one of the most mobile champs in the game so she is much harder to gank.

Once she hits 6 as well she wins most fights just because she gets another steroid that stacks with her passive steroid, all of her abilities have increased range, and the finisher for it does more damage the less health they have guarantying the kill.

Skilltestingman

03-28-2012

yorick is my fav

ShippuKirifuda

03-28-2012

there are many great picks for solo top here are some:
Udyr-with his sustain on turtle stance, nuke on tiger stance, and movement buff and stun on bear, it makes him a great tower diver just have to rely on your jungle to gank top a lot
Cho'gath is a great pick because of his sustain with passive and great cc. at lvl 6 he will nom nom
Riven is good as Draider said
Singed is good top because of his steroid and poison
Irelia despite the fact that the nerf hit her hard can still play top very well
Jarvan, Jax, and Pantheon are a good choice as well