Ezreal: Mystic Shot... make it a SKILL shot...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kades

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Associate QA Analyst - Gameplay

08-04-2010

One of the most painful parts about laning against Ezreal, is that Mystic Shot has such a short cooldown and costs next to no mana...

Because of this, Ezreals of all skill levels can just spam away on his 'poking' ability without any regard to mana. Making Ezreal one of (if not THE) best hero in every phase of the game in high tier play.

What if Mystic Shot cost twice the mana it does now, but refunded half of the mana spent on a successful Champion hit?

or

What if Mystic Shot's cooldown was raised pretty dramatically (by 75%?) but then on a successful champion hit, the cooldown was brought back down to where it currently stands...?

I really don't understand people who are banning Shen or Soraka when Ezreal's free to roam... there isn't a better carry in the game right now (with the possible exception of Kayle) and the burst is ridiculous on even mediocore players.

As a comparison, Blitzcrank's signature move is on a 22 second cooldown and costs 140 mana... I'm not saying Ez's 'poke' should be on that level, but it definitely feels like a 'skill shot' with Blitz rather than a 'Spam Shot' with Ezreal.

CrookedBeard

08-04-2010

Mystic shot is fine. It hits minions so it is hard enough to land on a champion. It can also be absorbed by a tank. You just have to play on your toes and try and dodge more. Use your minions to your advantage.

Eppa

08-04-2010

Ezreal is supposed to be a skillshot champ yet he has no skillshots.

Tyrantherus

08-04-2010

Skillshot's don't always mean "it takes uber skills to use this skill" but is more about firing with a skill that could potentially miss. A good example of this can be found in many champions but I'll use malzahar for my example. All but malzahar's silence requires a target lockon. Ezreal on the other hand, has to do a manual aim with 3 out of his 4 skills, which can potentially miss by an enemy just moving a little to the right or left, where as with malzahar's abilities its guarenteed to hit, not to say that it has the potential to be blocked or become useless due to an invuln or similar effect. The upside about these abilities however, is that it doesn't require a lock and you can fire into bushes, across obstructions such as walls, ect.

So even if it doesn't take that much skill, there IS a reason why it is called a skillshot.

KeVoN xD

08-04-2010

+1

Shinjy

08-04-2010

Ez got nerfed enough leave him alone....

Shiria

08-04-2010

Yup ezreal is best carry atm but when i ban him "OH WTF" from chat.
He need only sheen and brutalizer to pwn.
Atleast ashe and other rangeds got some weakness but ezreal?
U charge him , he blink away and kite u.
Q is spammable,too easy to aim and hurt.

Mr Thit Nuong

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kades View Post
One of the most painful part about laning against Ezreal, is that Mystic Shot hits creeps and I can't seem to figure out how to zone myself so that Mystic Shot would end up hitting a minion instead of me.
Huh...

QuentinWarden

08-04-2010

christ, if only it were as easy as you say

It's always a struggle in mid, though my personal nemesis is a good anivia who has the luxury of a skillshot that can fly over my minion wall, and ez's mystic shot is the only thing that keeps him competitive in there

Guys, the shot is very very very easy to avoid, hell the reason he was given astral shift (imo) is so that he can set up a surprise shot in order to get a hit in. From my experience, its very difficult to find an opponent in the laning phase who can't hide behind minions or simply dodge my shots to some degree. there's a reason its cheap and spammable, because theres a chance it will do nothing at all.

I'm surprised people can complain about this but not panth's spear, does the same damage and it's a targeted, undodgable skill (though the range is greatly shorter to compensate)

Kades

Associate QA Analyst - Gameplay

08-04-2010

Without trying to be rude, it's quite possible that I'm talking about Ezreal on a Tier above you... Ezreal's skillshot moves so fast that it's difficult to dodge compared to other Skillshots... also, it is COMPLETELY spammable.... so if he misses there is no reason for him to not just keep casting it every cooldown.

At upper Elos, Ezreal DOMINATES.