Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

connection problem

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Slinkky

08-04-2010

now heres the main problem i am trying to resolve!!! i have a linksys WRT120N router brand new desrktop computer and my laptop is about a year and a half old its a dell inspiron 1545. whenever i have a few friends over we try to play leuge of legends so the four of us connect to the internet everything works fine but once we get into a game it runs alright for about 30 seconds and then we starting to get massive lag and get dced from the game. i have ran spybot S&D on both my computers and ccleaner and updated the firmware on my router to the latest version and also tried resetting to default and we are still having the problem with getting huge lag spikes. but the game work just fine if we have just me and my roomate playing the game with my desktop and laptop.
and ive tried unplugging both the modem and the router. also i am on shaw high speed internet

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

08-04-2010

Most likely your router can't handle the necessary network traffic for 4 players.

Dorgyll

08-04-2010

Are any of the computers using the wireless feature of the router? If that's the case, try plugging them directly into the router and trying again. Wireless, while it gets the job done for home computing, usually end up being an awful idea for LANs and the like. The wireless, generally, yields slower transfer rates for a single computer. When you factor two or more computers using wireless, it generally ends up being a bad time.

Previously, during LANs, I would have 8 or more people connected through a HUB, which actually sends each signal to everyone every time. It makes internet browsing and gaming terrible. I would still prefer that over any sort of wireless network though. :-\