Dominion need its elo fixed!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tim3boom

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-28-2012

I also have dealt with this experience, i like being able to see where i am at and to create goals, Riot please fix the ELO for dominion players.

Hugs From Momma

03-28-2012

This is not the place to post if you want Riot to see the thread.

Viral

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugs From Momma View Post
This is not the place to post if you want Riot to see the thread.
Yes it is, pal!

Sock Monkee

03-28-2012

yep matchmaking has been messed up since last patch and its ridiculous.

Hawkwìng

03-28-2012

but if we post other places it gets moved here

Phourc

03-28-2012

Basoosh pretty much has the right of it, for further reading you can flip through my ex-GD thread: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1941589

StealinurELO

03-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5L1V3R View Post
3/20 patch, dom elo got bugged at 400 for all players. And then deleted. So now dom players have NO elo. Riot needs to fix this, restore an elo system on dominion please. Teams are so random. Games are one sided all day. I was almost at 1700 elo when the patch hit, solo q's were actually fun to play, and then elo is deleted... what the hell is going on? its killing dominion for me. and classic is just too boring to go back to.

This may be the end of LoL for me...
u still have the same elo u had before they just hid it i was at 1900 when they took jabe away i still get matched with the same poeple i did before. I repeat u still have the same elo they just hid it...

Jabe

03-29-2012

Time to clear up some misconceptions:
- Elo still exists
- You aren't getting matched up against completely random people
- The reason my bot returned "400" was because Riot just returned a fake number. This does not mean your Elo, or everyone's Elo, was 400

The one thing I heard that might have changed in regards to Dominion matchmaking is that the search range may have increased. I do not have any Riot confirmation on this. Expanding the search range for matchmaking makes shorter queue times on average and more variance in the players in your games.

inFe eD

03-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabe View Post
- You aren't getting matched up against completely random people\

- Expanding the search range for matchmaking makes shorter queue times on average and more variance in the players in your games.
Here's the thing: these two are completely contradictory. High elo queues used to involve a very small pool of players, so we'd generally all know each other before the game even started. You'd get 30 minute queues or higher, but some people were okay with this. Adding an option for players who didn't want to wait, allowing them to choose to expand matchmaking search range manually, would have been great!

Now, personally, after the matchmaking change, I lost something like 15 games in a row, losing god-knows-how much elo. I'm around 2k elo right now, and I was a lot higher pre-change. This is, simply put, because I can't carry low elo games hard enough, because I'm an awful carry.. A fantastic support player (if i do say so myself), but an awful carry. I cannot support my team's carry hard enough to carry the game if there's nothing there to support in the first place. A bad Yi getting taunted into a rammus is going to die no matter how many buffs you give him. There is literally no way for me to win games now outside of exclusively backcapping, because my team will always have worse players besides me, and I will be expected to carry when I'm incapable of doing so. I've pretty much completely given up on solo queue now, and am sticking with arranged 5's, which is frankly a lot more fun, and I win more too!

Just the anecdotal evidence of one guy, take it as you will.

twickykid

03-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by inFe eD View Post
Here's the thing: these two are completely contradictory. High elo queues used to involve a very small pool of players, so we'd generally all know each other before the game even started. You'd get 30 minute queues or higher, but some people were okay with this. Adding an option for players who didn't want to wait, allowing them to choose to expand matchmaking search range manually, would have been great!

Now, personally, after the matchmaking change, I lost something like 15 games in a row, losing god-knows-how much elo. I'm around 2k elo right now, and I was a lot higher pre-change. This is, simply put, because I can't carry low elo games hard enough, because I'm an awful carry.. A fantastic support player (if i do say so myself), but an awful carry. I cannot support my team's carry hard enough to carry the game if there's nothing there to support in the first place. A bad Yi getting taunted into a rammus is going to die no matter how many buffs you give him. There is literally no way for me to win games now outside of exclusively backcapping, because my team will always have worse players besides me, and I will be expected to carry when I'm incapable of doing so. I've pretty much completely given up on solo queue now, and am sticking with arranged 5's, which is frankly a lot more fun, and I win more too!

Just the anecdotal evidence of one guy, take it as you will.
This is it exactly. I used to see the same faces if I played a lot of games in a row. Now it is all random. Before patch I could leave the post game screen right after another player on my team. Que up immediately. We would be put on the same team again. Never see this now. Two things could be happening here.

The player pool got larger for the search. Indicating ELO range increased.

OR

Higher ELO players are not playing the game mode. This forces an expansion of the ELO range to match you with so you do not experience high que times.

No matter which result it is the ELO range is increased.

If you are in the 2300+ range this change will probably never effect you as you are too high for it to matter. Its the players that are <2000 ELO that it effects the most.