[Guide] Amumu: How to Jungle in Tears

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Llys

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

08-04-2010

Quick Introduction:

With the lack of Amumu jungling builds out there, I decided to create my own which has turned out to be the best build I've used (that I've been able to find). The primary reason I made the build was so I wouldn't have to get wasted stats to jungle. As this build wont force you to get dodge and besides magic penetration marks, you'll only be getting tank runes and useful masteries.

It is my first guide and I welcome any criticism. I'm always looking for a way to make my Amumu jungling build better.

Amumu: How to Jungle in Tears


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Megashield

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-04-2010

http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/gu...umu-tank.xhtml

so there wasnt a lack of jungling guides :P


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Megashield

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-04-2010

and actually try out hte green path, dorans shield + hp pot + tantrum wraiths, mid, golem

works well


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Llys

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

08-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megashield View Post
http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/gu...umu-tank.xhtml

so there wasnt a lack of jungling guides :P
The reason I made my guide though is because I wanted to have a build that still allows you to become a tank end-game. Most don't as the runes are too out of wack. Mine includes actual tank runes (besides the marks) and provides more of the tank feel end game.

And while I have used the guide you posted in the past, it seemed to offer less survivability while jungling -- my friend and I tried it and found ourselves often being too close to death. And while mine will do the same, (it's still risky) it seems to be less risky.

Besides I don't like how the jungling build includes Dodge. As amumu I feel dodge is a wasted stat.

And to clarify I meant mostly a lack of high-survivability jungle guides WITHOUT dodge, not just a total lack of guides. That was my mistake, I should've clarified.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

berzerk dragon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-04-2010

Wait, you're claiming that the other Amumu guides don't become tanks end game? That's news to me. No offense, but I find your guide to be lackluster. It does address anything that has not been gone over in other guides, and advocates the use of a bland, uninspired build that isn't all that great. You seem to have fallen into the trap of "Sunfires were made for Amumu, that means I should stack five-ty bajillion of them dur hur." Your pros and cons are incorrect. Actually, just the cons. Only the gank con is true. I can go over why the cons aren't actually cons if you want (I'm just too lazy to put them in this particular post)

One suggestion that I want to put out is for you (other than finding a better build) to either cut out everything past jungling, or flesh it out. If you want it to be a jungling guide, make it a comprehensive jungling guide that covers multiple ways to jungle and such. Otherwise, make it a full blown guide. Please don't half-ass a guide, it's harmful to those who wish to learn but only get a fraction of what they need to know. Also, explain thing to the reader. Why are your situational items there? When should I build them? How should I play Amumu mid and late game? A person looking at a guide probably doesn't know the answers to questions like these and is going to be very disappointed at any guide that doesn't answer them.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Llys

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

08-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by berzerk dragon View Post
Wait, you're claiming that the other Amumu guides don't become tanks end game? That's news to me. No offense, but I find your guide to be lackluster. It does address anything that has not been gone over in other guides, and advocates the use of a bland, uninspired build that isn't all that great. You seem to have fallen into the trap of "Sunfires were made for Amumu, that means I should stack five-ty bajillion of them dur hur." Your pros and cons are incorrect. Actually, just the cons. Only the gank con is true. I can go over why the cons aren't actually cons if you want (I'm just too lazy to put them in this particular post)

One suggestion that I want to put out is for you (other than finding a better build) to either cut out everything past jungling, or flesh it out. If you want it to be a jungling guide, make it a comprehensive jungling guide that covers multiple ways to jungle and such. Otherwise, make it a full blown guide. Please don't half-ass a guide, it's harmful to those who wish to learn but only get a fraction of what they need to know. Also, explain thing to the reader. Why are your situational items there? When should I build them? How should I play Amumu mid and late game? A person looking at a guide probably doesn't know the answers to questions like these and is going to be very disappointed at any guide that doesn't answer them.
LAWL I GOT WARMOGS I BE TANK =/= Tanking runes and masteries.

I have yet to see another build that works 100% of the time that doesn't include dodge for Amumu which I think everyone can agree is bad on him. I made a build based on what I saw fit and didn't require bad masteries and runes. Now you can do a different build, but I made this for how I play.

You claim that It is "half-assed", well great but i'm not going to make it 15 pages longer because someone doesn't understand what a "situational" item is. I expect people to be able to figure out for themselves when they need magic resist. I dont expect people to be, "OH MY GOD THEY'RE KILLING ME WITH MAGIC!!! HOW DO I COUNTER THAT?!"

Maybe I expect too much from you to understand what to do late game, but jungling isn't a 1 hour long process. It's an early-mid stage option you can do to try and get some early ganks, some money, and a possible extra level or 2. You can continue to jungle but to keep jungling 45 minutes in when your entire team is engaged with their entire team is just idiotic.

And sunfires work. If you don't like the build then don't use it. But dont just rage at me because I didn't make it how you think it should've been made.

And lastly, I would like to think that anyone who looks up a jungling build knows what "jungling" is. Again, I won't waste 1-2 extra pages explaining it, because at that point it literally becomes TL;DR.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

berzerk dragon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-04-2010

Quote:
LAWL I GOT WARMOGS I BE TANK =/= Tanking runes and masteries.
First off, I have no idea where this is coming from. Especially since YOU are the one putting it in your guide.

Quote:
I have yet to see another build that works 100% of the time that doesn't include dodge for Amumu which I think everyone can agree is bad on him. I made a build based on what I saw fit and didn't require bad masteries and runes.
I put a build that works (I won't say 100% of the time, because that's impossible) in my post. I'm also curious as to what these so-called "bad" masteries and runes are.

Quote:
You claim that It is "half-assed", well great but i'm not going to make it 15 pages longer because someone doesn't understand what a "situational" item is. I expect people to be able to figure out for themselves when they need magic resist. I dont expect people to be, "OH MY GOD THEY'RE KILLING ME WITH MAGIC!!! HOW DO I COUNTER THAT?!"
I'm not telling you to go over what a situational item is. I'm merely suggesting you explain why you would get those items over similar ones, such as why you would get Randuin's Omen over Frozen Heart for example.

Quote:
Maybe I expect too much from you to understand what to do late game, but jungling isn't a 1 hour long process. It's an early-mid stage option you can do to try and get some early ganks, some money, and a possible extra level or 2. You can continue to jungle but to keep jungling 45 minutes in when your entire team is engaged with their entire team is just idiotic.
Maybe I expected too much from you when you said you "welcome any criticism." I gave you some, and you disregarded all of it and flamed me instead.

Quote:
And sunfires work. If you don't like the build then don't use it. But dont just rage at me because I didn't make it how you think it should've been made.
I never said they didn't. I'm just saying that they're not the best. Any guide writer wants the best for his/her readers. I'm not the one raging here, you are.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Llys

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

08-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by berzerk dragon View Post
Maybe I expected too much from you when you said you "welcome any criticism." I gave you some, and you disregarded all of it and flamed me instead.
"(other than finding a better build)" <<< That was what you said earlier.

Explain how telling someone "Wow how can you be such a f*cking idiot?" is criticism.

Just because you think your guide is the end all solution to Amumu (BTW, I love you skin review part, that really helped me up my win ratio), doesnt mean you have to BASH mine.

I said on my guide it was tuned to level 30's and if you don't like it, don't use it. It's the best I've found and It works for me. Some will like it, some won't. But I don't plan to go to every Amumu build I see and tell them everything thats wrong with it.

I might criticize someone by saying "Well you said to use a Doran's shield but that didn't really work for me, have you tried the rejuvenation bead?" but I wont say "OMFG YOU REALLY START WITH DORANS SHIELD?! HOW STUPID CAN YOU BE."

Earlier when I mentioned Warmogs, I meant in the mentality of I'm a tank I have Warmogs doesn't make you a tank. You think 5 sunfires sucks? Fine, I don't care because it works for me since I play more a DPS role. Sure I consider myself a tank because I do take hits for the entire team, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't be doing damage.

Honestly I think you have some illusion that every guide should follow yours as an example and I think you're drastically wrong. I've seen guides that didn't explain a thing and I don't leave a comment on each one saying "Dumbass, this build is fail, rewrite it." If anything I'll try and understand it and ask them to clarify.

At this point all I can say is GTFO. You don't like it? Don't use it. But don't tell me " Any guide writer wants the best for his/her readers." Really? You want to act like you're the best guide writer out there? I wrote my guide for level 30's. They should have NO problem understanding that.

And just so we're not confused, in the intro of my guide it states "WARNING: This guide will probably only work effectively for level 30's as you will need quite a bit of expensive runes, and access to all the mastery points."

So thanks for your "criticism" but no thanks, I like my build and Ill stick with it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

berzerk dragon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-04-2010

So much rage... Upon review, I admit that I may have been a bit harsh and I apologize for that. I did not mean to insult you or your guide in any way. No matter, I will put the matter to rest rather than bother with some stupid flame war. Clearly I'm not welcome here, so I'll do just as you say and leave. Good luck with your guide.