The Ultimate Guide to Ahri, The 9 Tails Fox

123456 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DLT CorE

03-31-2012

Shameless bump.
I'm not letting this go away unnoticed.

DLT CorE

04-01-2012

Bumply Bump.
This is result of a lot of effort and I'll not lose that.

DLT CorE

04-02-2012

Bumpastic bump.

Apoideian

04-02-2012

Hey! Thanks for the work!

I have read the post and would like to ask a few questions, since I'm not a pro at this.

I've started playing not long ago, and Ahri's been kinda my first character. The week Ahri was available, I definitely used her better that other characters. After a while, I bought it, and never regretted it.

I've seen some guides. First, I would like to ask: Is this combo right ? :

Charm (to atract) + Orb of deception (easily hitable) + Fox Fire + 3 Rushes (since it's probably running away) and, if cooldown's done, + Orb of decep. + Fox Fire...
That, according to a guide, should tecnically do. It generally does, but not always. I've seen your combo, and seems much more logic. I'll definitely try that one next time.

I've had always, since I'm not level 30 and can't Rune all or Mastery all, mana issues. So, every early game the first thing I bought was Elisa's Miracle. Probably not a good idea, but it has proven very helpful when I'm to survive long periods without going back. I've been looking to avoid that buy, since it doesn't improve my attack and's quite expensive for early game biulds. I'll try the Doran's Ring and the Seal of Replenishment to see how that works, but my question is, doesn't it ever happen you have mana issues?

I mean, at first I don't get hit much, since I move well and hit behind the minion-line, so health isn't a problem at first, but mana is, since without mana I'm useless.

Then, I've also been questioning the fact that low attack damage is dealt, and probably Lich Bane is a good option, haven't considered until I saw this, will defenitely try it out.

Regarding WOTA, it hasn't worked for me. I mean, I bought it when I've been forced to go back and not much money was made (when trying to biuld Rylai), but it hasn't proven to be an improvement.

I generally leave Rab's after Rylai, doing:
1) Hex 2) Rylai 3) Rab

Will definitely try out some variations on the building area, including Lich Bane to the list, and get back to you.

I know I speak as a noob, but I generally last 2nd in the killing champions. Been trying to improve much, since I need a little kick up that haven't found yet, but maybe have found here. The buying area has never been my specialty, therefore I'll try your tips.

Thanki you very much!

DLT CorE

04-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoideian View Post
Hey! Thanks for the work!
Why why, thank you for your attention and reply!
I'm happy you liked it =]

Quote:
I have read the post and would like to ask a few questions, since I'm not a pro at this.
I'm here for that.
On that matter, if you have any more questions or doubts please come back at me, I'll be waiting =]

Quote:
I've started playing not long ago, and Ahri's been kinda my first character. The week Ahri was available, I definitely used her better that other characters. After a while, I bought it, and never regretted it.
She's a very nice champ, isn't she?

Quote:
I've seen some guides. First, I would like to ask: Is this combo right ? :

Charm (to atract) + Orb of deception (easily hitable) + Fox Fire + 3 Rushes (since it's probably running away) and, if cooldown's done, + Orb of decep. + Fox Fire...
That, according to a guide, should tecnically do. It generally does, but not always. I've seen your combo, and seems much more logic. I'll definitely try that one next time.
Well, kind of.
The combo you'll use depends on the enemy HP and if he's behind cover or not. Let me explain:
If the enemy is with reasonable HP and you think you can kill him before he flees, then use your ult, hit charm, use fox fire, ult again, and then q and ult again. (That's R-E-W-R-Q-R)
But if he's good on health, try lowering his HP with Orb of Deception and if you can land charm, then use W-Q afterwards. hain with a basic attack if you can. (If you see you can kill him if you ult, then don't hesitate to use it)

Quote:
I've had always, since I'm not level 30 and can't Rune all or Mastery all, mana issues. So, every early game the first thing I bought was Elisa's Miracle. Probably not a good idea, but it has proven very helpful when I'm to survive long periods without going back. I've been looking to avoid that buy, since it doesn't improve my attack and's quite expensive for early game biulds. I'll try the Doran's Ring and the Seal of Replenishment to see how that works, but my question is, doesn't it ever happen you have mana issues?
You should consider buying your first Runes on lvl 20, so you can distribute your spent IP during these 10 last levels.
About Elisa's Miracle, I've never done that item, never came to mind. I'll check it out later, might be a good idea early game.

Quote:
I mean, at first I don't get hit much, since I move well and hit behind the minion-line, so health isn't a problem at first, but mana is, since without mana I'm useless.
That's the problem. Try only using Q if you have a chance of hitting the enemy champion. Try to stay full on Mana as long as possible. Early game, avoid wasting mana on Minions.

Quote:
Then, I've also been questioning the fact that low attack damage is dealt, and probably Lich Bane is a good option, haven't considered until I saw this, will defenitely try it out.
Lich Bane is indeed good, if you complete your build then you can deal ~1000 extra damage.

Quote:
Regarding WOTA, it hasn't worked for me. I mean, I bought it when I've been forced to go back and not much money was made (when trying to biuld Rylai), but it hasn't proven to be an improvement.
WOTA is about to ba taken out of the build, thanks for the reminder. Stopping on Hextech Revolver is way better, I'll change that in a couple minutes when I come back.

Quote:
I generally leave Rab's after Rylai, doing:
1) Hex 2) Rylai 3) Rab
My build consists on
Doran's
Sorc.'s Shoes
Hextech Revolver
Deathfire grasp
Rab's
and finally Lich Bane.
Ahri does not need Rylai's slow, if you can either instant kill the opponent, or flee from him.

Quote:
Will definitely try out some variations on the building area, including Lich Bane to the list, and get back to you.
I've learnt more with this guide than you can imagine. The guys over here were super helpful, I've changed a lot. I'll update the guide when I'm back.

Quote:
I know I speak as a noob, but I generally last 2nd in the killing champions. Been trying to improve much, since I need a little kick up that haven't found yet, but maybe have found here. The buying area has never been my specialty, therefore I'll try your tips.
How come, what's that? You don't speak as a noob. As long as you do well, then you're not a noob ._.
About the kills, then that's now your fault, that's the team's. The team should leave a considerable number of kills for the carries. What, of course, doesn't happen most times.
Gets better with time.

Quote:
Thanki you very much!
Thank you for your attention and feedback!
Much appreciated, friend =]

And remember to come back to me!

Apoideian

04-02-2012

Dude, it's been awesome change!

First of, Elisa's Miracle was a very delayance (?) item. I mean, I acquired that idea from my frist games where I was in serious trouble finding mana regeneration sources. With time it became my 1st priority, but this time, I avoided it, went straight with Doran's Ring and to the boots, and ****, I started off amazingly.

I mean, I had 2-3 seconds lag, which is A LOT, but still, I was kicking asses! Well, of course, I was with intermediate bots, which make them quite stupid at times, but compared to other matches, I started superb, 3 kills before level 6. And never had I problems with mana, to my surprise.

This time, I tried avoiding Rylai, an item which, for me, was priority 1 after the Hextech. Instead, I went for the Lich Bane, and I noticed a huge change right away. Then I hit Rabadon's Deathcap, since Rylai not an option there cause I'd need 3 item slots.

The thing is, I made so much gold I kinda wanted to buy more when I completed my buyings. So, what could I sell/buy at the end? I bought the Needlessly Large Rod (+80 ability power), which is a one-slot item, but I could've gone for more. In those situation, what would you suggest to do with the money?

Next time I'll try the Deathfire Grasp, though I don't think will kick ass as much as Lich Bane did.

I've been having serious trouble against Swain, I mean he literally sucks my HP right away. And, god!, he's a tough son of a ***! In 3 against 1, he killed two before going down in a dramatic fight, which he almost scaped from, and it's not the first time I noticed this. I try to avoid him at all costs, cause sometimes even when I come back with full HP and mana, he just knocks me down in a mater of seconds in a 1 on 1. Any ideas, though, how to fight him?

Still, been doing great against tough tanks, which are, with what experience tells me, Ahri's weakness. The rest I just swallow them in a mortal combo.

Though I have to still try out your combo REWRQR, since I'm so used to my previous combo I just couldn't think during battle (I mean, I don't think anymore how to combo, I just do it).

Anyway, as for me this guide is quite awesome! I also bought the Seal of Replenishment, I know you told me not to, but I was afraid I wouldn't have enough mana regen, and it seems it came quite handy.

Gonna try out some buying variations and keep comparing, just the way it is I have improved A LOT. I mean, next time I can play without lag, I'll sure be freaking awesome!

Any way, I'll report again when I have more news. Thank you very much for the tranfering of knowledge!

Have fun!

DLT CorE

04-02-2012

Quote:
Dude, it's been awesome change!
=]

Quote:
First of, Elisa's Miracle was a very delayance (?) item. I mean, I acquired that idea from my frist games where I was in serious trouble finding mana regeneration sources. With time it became my 1st priority, but this time, I avoided it, went straight with Doran's Ring and to the boots, and ****, I started off amazingly.
Yes, yes.
Doesn't it make a difference?

Quote:
I mean, I had 2-3 seconds lag, which is A LOT, but still, I was kicking asses! Well, of course, I was with intermediate bots, which make them quite stupid at times, but compared to other matches, I started superb, 3 kills before level 6. And never had I problems with mana, to my surprise.
If you can manage your mana, then you should have no problem at all =]
(And yes, bots are a real nice way to test out stuff you don't have any idea of the outcome. If it goes out well, test it on a normal game)

Quote:
This time, I tried avoiding Rylai, an item which, for me, was priority 1 after the Hextech. Instead, I went for the Lich Bane, and I noticed a huge change right away. Then I hit Rabadon's Deathcap, since Rylai not an option there cause I'd need 3 item slots.
I'd rather make Rab's and then Lich Bane depending on the situation. But LB then Rab's is also good.

Quote:
The thing is, I made so much gold I kinda wanted to buy more when I completed my buyings. So, what could I sell/buy at the end? I bought the Needlessly Large Rod (+80 ability power), which is a one-slot item, but I could've gone for more. In those situation, what would you suggest to do with the money?
So, that's the problem: We never know. Sell Doran's first , of course, but then you simply don't have anything else to sell. Most you could do is upgrade your Hextech into WOTA.

Quote:
Next time I'll try the Deathfire Grasp, though I don't think will kick ass as much as Lich Bane did.
Assign its hotkey to T. And let the games begin.

Quote:
I've been having serious trouble against Swain, I mean he literally sucks my HP right away. And, god!, he's a tough son of a ***! In 3 against 1, he killed two before going down in a dramatic fight, which he almost scaped from, and it's not the first time I noticed this. I try to avoid him at all costs, cause sometimes even when I come back with full HP and mana, he just knocks me down in a mater of seconds in a 1 on 1. Any ideas, though, how to fight him?
Again, play defensively. Until you have the conditions to fight him - or he hasn't the conditions to fight you - don't jump in.

Quote:
Still, been doing great against tough tanks, which are, with what experience tells me, Ahri's weakness. The rest I just swallow them in a mortal combo.
They are her weakness, if they know how to explore her CDs.

Quote:
Though I have to still try out your combo REWRQR, since I'm so used to my previous combo I just couldn't think during battle (I mean, I don't think anymore how to combo, I just do it).
Well well, seems you play by instinct. I like that. Reminds me of myself, in some way. Even though you might make some mistakes at first, when you get the hang of a champion, you can just get better.

Quote:
Anyway, as for me this guide is quite awesome! I also bought the Seal of Replenishment, I know you told me not to, but I was afraid I wouldn't have enough mana regen, and it seems it came quite handy.
Well thank you friend =]
Although runes are never bad, keep in mind that these will not be permanent, so avoid wasting too much IP on them.

Quote:
Gonna try out some buying variations and keep comparing, just the way it is I have improved A LOT. I mean, next time I can play without lag, I'll sure be freaking awesome!
I hope so =]

Quote:
Any way, I'll report again when I have more news. Thank you very much for the tranfering of knowledge!

Have fun!
Don't thank me~!
But thanks ._.
Please do come back!

DLT CorE

04-03-2012

v1.4.0 Updated!

Changed Main Build

MBirk

04-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by acosn View Post
Ahri's probably one of the last characters you want to buy WOTA on simply because she's not hanging around her team. And it's an aura item. HTR isn't a great item on Ahri simply because 3/4ths of her spells are AOE. She simply doesn't scale into damage based sustain very well. Some people like it, so I won't say never do it, but I sure as hell don't.

Rab's shouldn't be an early game item, but you definitely want it within four major item purchases. Even if Ahri's ratios are weak (anyone who said, "Duh" slap yourself upside the head. Ahri's got weak ratios because all but one of her spells hits at least twice) Rabaddon's Deathcap is still the single greatest DPS item in the game for Ahri.

The value of any CDR item is entirely dependent on how your game is going, and how often you get blue buffs. If you can get it, you're basically shoving any CDR oriented item to your fifth and sixth slot. DFG is the exception because its your HP cutter, but that's a niche job, and you don't always see 3+ soaks on a team.

If you're having mana issues, or for whatever reason you can't get a hold of blue buffs, a Catalyst early game is your go-to for mana issues. The problem with prioritizing it though is that spending gold on survivability doesn't necessarily translate into kills, and Ahri's not the greatest later-game character. You want to end games within 40-ish minutes, and there really is no stat better at ending games than damage.

My typical game goes boots > doran's x2 > Rylai's > Rab's.
I agree. I tried dota at first, and hated it on her. All that aoe ability, means the actual vamp is pretty low. And really, she doesn't have a ton of spam, for her skills. Her actual damage output for an ap carry is fairly low.
I dont really like rylais for the same reason. Mostly aoe moves, and she has R and E cc, she doesn't really need a slow herself.

I hadn't really considered DFG. I think I was going morellos for cdr/regen/ap. Hindsight, I am pretty sure I will replace that will DFG as my first main item, after dorins. DFG after a charm, or first R dive, seems like a perfect fit. As well as give her that extra bit of omph.
Lichbane is also something I hadn't considered. I can see it fitting in much like DFG, although, I wouldn't get both. R procing it 3 times. As well as a free LB aa on a charm. You could easily fit those procs in there quite a bit. Probably won't get it myself though. but I can see it fitting.
dorins/dorins/dfg/deathcap/abyssal I'm thinking now will be my prefered order.

DLT CorE

04-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBirk View Post
I agree. I tried dota at first, and hated it on her. All that aoe ability, means the actual vamp is pretty low. And really, she doesn't have a ton of spam, for her skills. Her actual damage output for an ap carry is fairly low.
No it's not, if you can build her well ._.

Quote:
I dont really like rylais for the same reason. Mostly aoe moves, and she has R and E cc, she doesn't really need a slow herself.
So, that's the point. Despite it being good, you don't actually need it.

Quote:
I hadn't really considered DFG. I think I was going morellos for cdr/regen/ap. Hindsight, I am pretty sure I will replace that will DFG as my first main item, after dorins. DFG after a charm, or first R dive, seems like a perfect fit. As well as give her that extra bit of omph.
I don't think so. DFG's Active's always good for starting the fight with an edge.

Quote:
Lichbane is also something I hadn't considered. I can see it fitting in much like DFG, although, I wouldn't get both. R procing it 3 times. As well as a free LB aa on a charm. You could easily fit those procs in there quite a bit. Probably won't get it myself though. but I can see it fitting.
dorins/dorins/dfg/deathcap/abyssal I'm thinking now will be my prefered order.
I would certainly, both I think are undispensable.

123456 ... 11