A LoL Database

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rhaevith

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-27-2012

I'm a pretty new player to LoL. Before this, I used to play SC2. One thing I miss a lot about SC2 is Team Liquid/Liquipedia. While we do have LoL Wiki, Solomid, etc, they aren't anywhere near as comprehensive about... pretty much everything. TL/Liquipedia not only had the basic information about the game but also a lot of information about ongoing tournaments, past tournaments, a detailed player bio/history of their careers, etc, etc.

Is there a resource out there similar to Liquipedia for LoL at all? Or even a news/resource site akin to Team Liquid? Or are we just SOL?

DropoftheGun

03-27-2012

uh....the main website?

Rhaevith

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropoftheGun View Post
uh....the main website?
Doesn't have any player/team bios or career history or anything.

I'm not saying that the information isn't out there, I'm just wondering where it is, if anywhere.

I'll give you an example of what I'm looking for I guess. Say I want to find some games that EGHuk played. I can check his page on Liquipedia and get a pretty detailed list of the tournaments he's played in, how he won/lost some/most of those games, etc. It gives me an idea of what to look for. http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/HuK

Say I want to find some games/replays/castings of games that... lets say Voyboy has played in tournaments. Breaking it down even more, lets say I'm looking to learn how to play Irelia and I want to see how Voyboy plays her. Where, if anywhere, would the information about which tournaments Dignitas has played in historically, along with perhaps their picks/bans/etc, be?

Rhaevith

03-27-2012

Bump~

PriorityOne

03-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhaevith View Post
I'm a pretty new player to LoL. Before this, I used to play SC2. One thing I miss a lot about SC2 is Team Liquid/Liquipedia. While we do have LoL Wiki, Solomid, etc, they aren't anywhere near as comprehensive about... pretty much everything. TL/Liquipedia not only had the basic information about the game but also a lot of information about ongoing tournaments, past tournaments, a detailed player bio/history of their careers, etc, etc.

Is there a resource out there similar to Liquipedia for LoL at all? Or even a news/resource site akin to Team Liquid? Or are we just SOL?
Make one?