Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Which lane should Kayle stay in early game?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Flare0118

03-27-2012

I know that she does some work in dominion since there're no exp and gold problems.
I'm just wondering how to play as Kayle in summoner's rift.

As a support
Her W is quite bad if u compare the manacost and the number it heals,and I'm sure that she runs out mana pretty fast.

As a bottom lane AD carry
E is always in cooldown,if Kayle activate her E,she'll push the lane so bad,and it's the only safe way she can get some gold.

As a middle lane AP carry
Mana thirst and bad poking range would ruin Kayle when use Q as the core spell.
Kayle won't be able to push the lane back if u take this build.Max Kayle's E to lane middle is even more ridiculous,since there're a lot of poking spells that have better range and countering Kayle.

As a top lane AD/AP carry
Kayle has to build really tanky to survive from those tanky bruisers and spell vamp monsters,and it always ends up when u find urself useless with lots of tanky items.

As a jungler
Won't get fed if no one die to Kayle's gank,this champ needs at least 2-3 core items to join a mid-game teamfight.

Building on-hit items
Gap closers everywhere,Kayle can do nothing whithout her ult and within dis poor E range.With 525 AA range,on-hit items just won't work,and Kayle needs to cast W on herself to gain movement speed. It's really hard to get some movement speed if ur trying to build on-hit things.If Kayle takes this build,she will force her teammates treat her as Kog' Maw with decent AA range.

Ervid

Recruiter

03-27-2012

Her sister's hotter.

MyCoxAfloping

03-27-2012

She should probably stay at champion select

2pudge1cup

03-27-2012

i like her as an ad carry personally

her level 9 damage is absolutely ridiculous.

i've had a hell of a lot of success with a kayle janna lane where you both have disables/support/range and kayle is a damage machine.

serratedblade

03-27-2012

Pick a lane , any lane

Flare0118

03-27-2012

The only good thing is her stats,and i dun think it helps.

Crede777

03-27-2012

Kayle either as a jungler or as a harassing support. As a support, she is mainly there to harass the enemy, her heal is secondary due to its low effectiveness.

Even then, there are better choices.

cocacolalips

03-27-2012

I've seen higher elos playing her Top lane, with hybrid-like-on-hit builds, like rageblade, wit's end, madred's etc.
I believe she does okay in the jungle as well.

Flare0118

03-27-2012

Quote:
cocacolalips:
I've seen higher elos playing her Top lane, with hybrid-like-on-hit builds, like rageblade, wit's end, madred's etc.
I believe she does okay in the jungle as well.

Hybrid build is just an old story for Kayle....

Ruthless Sophie

03-27-2012

I've played her as bot support, bot AD carry, and solo top... I"ve heard jungle Kayle is all the rage but I have no idea what runes to use for it.

I don't experiences early game issues on Kayle ever... literally I have no ****ing idea what anyone is talking about when they say she sucks early on sounds like a personal handy cap... If by sucks you mean does more damage than an AD carry with dorans or boots and pots or w/e they started with and has more survivbility then yea... she sucks. I use defence masteries so maybe that is why I don't have any issues early game. Also I hear alot of people that also complain about her happen to not take her heal till lv.13... Why wouldn't you? Your passive pumps out more damage early than any carry you are laneing against with their starting items, what is wrong with being able to get into position (or out of) more quickly? The heal... not the best, better than none, and on the flipside it's not obnoxius to lane against...

No really that passive with her E is good. It's not the old passive that was OP as ****... you want that back but have dropped Kayle when she's not in a state of over powered then I pity you. Never have I supported on Kayle and wished I had locked in Soraka never have I carried on Kayle and wished I was Vayne or Caitlyn or anyone else... Seriously you try making a Twitch player go positive on any other support I challenge you.

From what I've seen everyone rejects Kayle in champion select then I proceed to do miles better than them.... while saving thier asses, beating enemies off them and zoning them to the point they don't even want to risk getting expierience and hide under thier towers. Ironically of all the support I play Kayle is the one that I am most thanked on.