AD yi 2,000+ guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kingdo

04-13-2012

Crapster YI.
in response to Ahhh ****, there's a really really really big difference between a ranged carry and a melee carry. Melee carry's get focused soon as they enter battle and are in range: The tank in front turning around to CC you, the enemy carry changing targets to you, and the AP Carry bursting you. this doesn't happen as a ranged carry unless you're stupidly out of position.

FOODFOOD

04-13-2012

So @kingdo...

What do you think about the Atmas nerf, seeing as it's a core part of your build.

kingdo

04-13-2012

It hurts! midgame DPS will be down about 5%

Ahhhh Crap

04-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdo View Post
Crapster YI.
in response to Ahhh ****, there's a really really really big difference between a ranged carry and a melee carry. Melee carry's get focused soon as they enter battle and are in range: The tank in front turning around to CC you, the enemy carry changing targets to you, and the AP Carry bursting you. this doesn't happen as a ranged carry unless you're stupidly out of position.

Melee carry shouldnt be attacking from the front though- at least not if he's a glass cannon type. Should be flanking and sniping the AP's at the back of the fight, then finishing off from there. I agree a melee and a ranged carry are hugely different, but the strat when employing them should also be vastly different.
A ranged carry can engage in a typical head on group fight and still do the job, but unless its a tanky melee carry, that same strat is going to typically fail for the melee carry.

Guess its a matter also of how you think of a carry- is he the guy who wins your team fights, or the guy who takes out the enemy chars the best. The two arent always the same thing, right?

Dragoon Feld

06-15-2012

if yi is in the initial team fight . hes doing it wrong.

Renegade Talon

06-15-2012

I may not have anything important to add but time to dust off fiora and try to assimilate some of this mans yi skills.

HORRORZzZ

Recruiter

11-03-2012

This is what i do and i destroy the enemy team.

1) get boots and make them into bezerkers
2) get phantom dancer (through zeal)
3) stack phantom dancers (2 of them)
4) stack phantom dancers (3 of them)
5) Get a Blood Thirster or Infinity Edge (doesn't matter which one you pick, next item is the other one)
6) Get a Blood Thirster or Infinity Edge (the other blade yu didn;t pick from before)

oh and remember, summoner spells should be ghost and something else cuz yi's ult is running faster with greater attack speed and ghost is running faster, so if someone with really low hp runs and yu cant catch him use ghost and ult, then turn on E (higher damage, with all items it will be around 600 damage each hit) but if yu still are too far away use yur Q and hit them hard, they can;t survive unless there is a turret/enemy champ chasing yu. Oh and i forgot due to the items and Q and E, if yu face a enemy with a great amount of hp difference like 500-1000 don;t worry yu should do fine, but depends on what champ they are....

urmamasllama

11-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HORRORZzZ View Post
This is what i do and i destroy the enemy team.

1) get boots and make them into bezerkers
2) get phantom dancer (through zeal)
3) stack phantom dancers (2 of them)
4) stack phantom dancers (3 of them)
5) Get a Blood Thirster or Infinity Edge (doesn't matter which one you pick, next item is the other one)
6) Get a Blood Thirster or Infinity Edge (the other blade yu didn;t pick from before)

oh and remember, summoner spells should be ghost and something else cuz yi's ult is running faster with greater attack speed and ghost is running faster, so if someone with really low hp runs and yu cant catch him use ghost and ult, then turn on E (higher damage, with all items it will be around 600 damage each hit) but if yu still are too far away use yur Q and hit them hard, they can;t survive unless there is a turret/enemy champ chasing yu. Oh and i forgot due to the items and Q and E, if yu face a enemy with a great amount of hp difference like 500-1000 don;t worry yu should do fine, but depends on what champ they are....
nooblord

HaIfhearted

11-03-2012

Well well, I haven't seen this thread in awhile.

Build makes sense though, so hooray for good information!

Catnium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2012

if your one step ahead of the crowd your a genius
if your 2 steps ahead of the crowd your a crackpot