AD yi 2,000+ guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kingdo

03-27-2012

Well said swampfox. High ELO dominion is full of good burst characters, and gap closers. (think kassadin, rammus, wukong, EZ etc.)
So: 1. don't build glass cannon, and 2. A Yi built the way I build him survives through some burst than just sustains dmg (not just bursts) and kills everyone
Also a side note of fiora vs yi: Fiora IS better up until lvl 2 ult and a few items. But I believe Yi has a better gap closer, more sustained dmg, and his ult is almost always up, compared to fiora's who's is not.

inFe eD

03-27-2012

Maybe because Fiora is just simply easier to use than Yi is. I'll have to see a good yi first to know.

Also, I find it pretty amusing how the OP's downvotes simply... vanished. Hope it'll be in the positives soon!

Laurix

03-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PretzelBagel View Post
I like how you build Yi as tanky DPS when in reality he is a carry.
Is this guy serious?

HOOOOOOOLYYYYYYYYYYY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTT TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

weizhong5

04-08-2012

I play a glass Yi in Dominion, and yes, he's kinda squishy, but you can easily counter that with a high attack speed. I'm usually pushing on 2.5 attack speed at the end of a game.

IS1d5b61a8733e170555aa6

04-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by inFe eD View Post
Bump for being awesome.

I can say with absolute 100% certainty that you're not in the same elo bracket as the OP.

I can say with absolute 100% certainty that you're a moron for thinking dominion NORMAL elo means anything

Commander Yordle

04-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzzled View Post
I can say with absolute 100% certainty that you're a moron for thinking dominion NORMAL elo means anything
All of the high normal elo players on Dominion are elitist pricks. The only one I've met who is a decent human being is Sauron.

FOODFOOD

04-10-2012

To the OP:
Do you think the Atmas and Wits End nerf will hurt your AD Yi strategy?

Ahhhh Crap

04-12-2012

A lot of dps chars can be turned into tanks with a lot of effectiveness. First time I played a tank Ashe in dom I had over 20 kills. Does it mean she's better that way? Probably not, IMO it means people are so used to the squishy DPS's that when they come up against a slightly tanky one they get screwed. Likewise a TON of it simply depends on the gameplay of both yourself and your team. If you go glass cannon and the rest of your team does too...well, thats a tough one. If you go mixed tank/dps yi and the rest of your team is good ranged AP, youre going to have some issues earning many kills.

Its all in how the blender hits when the game starts.

Of course prebuilt team is a whole different story, but really, prebuilt is just one of the easy buttons as youre no longer trying to use one champ to win, youre actually coordinating 5 known entities to win a match, thats a huge advantage.

Ovalusc1

04-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by inFe eD View Post
(need a better name for useless yi. Master Glass? Glass Jaw Yi? hmm.)
Glasster Yi.

Ahhhh Crap

04-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovalusc1 View Post
Glasster Yi.
considering how fragile he is, I'd vote for Blasted Yi