AD yi 2,000+ guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

inFe eD

03-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argodis View Post
Yea, QSS is usually a must buy.
That's what I thought. Cheers, love to get you on my team sometime then.

fizzlebeef

03-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PretzelBagel View Post
So high elo = building metagolem on everything? Ok, got it.
They will claim this and that - but fact is, they probably didn't come up with the builds and yes, they are following the "guide" that works and is strongest atm. So yea, usually they will be building 'metagolem'.

As for glass cannon yi - sure there are counters, but there are counters to those counters too. They assassin? Exhaust? QSS. You're glass cannon yi, isn't so glass if you can do a ridiculous amount of damage while having enough life steal. Gl killing Yi if he's landing shots on you with ult on and your exhaust didn't work.

@Guy who claims that is no longer glass - that's debatable. It's just smart glass playing IMO.

inFe eD

03-27-2012

Shrug, if smart play is involved, I don't really consider it glass. When I say glass, I think of the Yi with 5 infinity edges and Zerkers turning on his ult, running screaming into a Rammus, dying, and calling his team noob. Sometimes I subsequently die because I'm too busy giggling like a maniac at him.

fizzlebeef

03-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by inFe eD View Post
Shrug, if smart play is involved, I don't really consider it glass. When I say glass, I think of the Yi with 5 infinity edges and Zerkers turning on his ult, running screaming into a Rammus, dying, and calling his team noob. Sometimes I subsequently die because I'm too busy giggling like a maniac at him.
well yea, that's a true 100% glass build. It works wonderfully if the other team are absolute **** w/ no randuin/tf/exhaust. You slice through them like butter. Every other time... CC+blast+die.. Where's my team? Screw you guys. *afk*

inFe eD

03-27-2012

Well, even if played perfectly, I still think glass Fiora > glass Yi. She just seems to somehow do more damage than Yi while at the same time being magnitudes of degree harder to kill, all while having an instant dash which Yi would love to get his hands on.

Keinne

03-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PretzelBagel View Post
So high elo = building metagolem on everything? Ok, got it.
Enlighten us, what is Dominion's meta golem build? We certainly don't have the same meta golem build as Summoner's Rift.

Letabarnak

03-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdo View Post
Seems like there is a lot of talk about how bad Master Yi is so I'm gonna make a short summary guide.
Before Jabebot was taken down I sat around the 2100+ area ,WHILE playing Master Yi about 50% of my games.
Runes
red: Armor pen
blue: MR/LVL
yellow/quints: Health/lvl

Skill order
R>Q>E>W do NOT get even one point in W, it's ****.

Masterys: 9/21/0 The bottom of the offense tree is **** compared to the bottom of defense.

Starting items: Depends on team makeup! if they're all AD, I get boots/cloth armor/chain mail. If 2 are magic dmg/2AD, I get boots/ruby/MR mantle. Always get mid tower at start!

Items: 100% team makeup dependent. Boots: ninja tabai or Merc treads ONLY! no exceptions. Items I get 100% of time: Atma's impaler (usually 2nd or 3rd), phage . Items I get 80%+ of games but situational: Hexdrinker, Wit's end, Last Whisper.
Items I get about 25-75% of the time: Maw, Black Cleaver (only about 25% of games), Zeke's herald (get this 100% of the time FIRST ITEM if u have someone like a Jax or Vayne on your team), Frozen mallet, MAw of Malmortius (great new item, but spendy).

You are built to take over mid/late game. You're early game is not that great. Early on Q + a few auto attacks kills minion waves, do this often to get gold! Don't be stupid and dive in to a team fight first! A lot of how well you do will depend on knowing what items to build, andwhen. It's good to know which characters have high base armor and armor/lvl (mostly ALL tanky dps, tanks, and melee dps do). The advantage Yi has over other common picks is his SUSTAINED nearly unkiteable late game dmg. If you build everything glass cannon like the other 95% of Yi players, you will lose and say he's a troll pick.

*additional technical details*
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/champi...wuju_bladesman
base stats for yi, note how his base health, health/lvl, armr/lvl, MR/lvl are actually very high. In line with other tanks and tanky dps. Also has the highest base move speed (Tied) in the game.
The reason for most of the item choices are because his: Q>E>R are all steroids. His Q can even be setup off minions for the 7th hit, than when u go to the next fight u start off with an extra attack. It essentially acts like an attack speed buff numerically. So wits end for someone like Yi will be better than most others cause: The AS buff on wits end adds additional dmg cause of his E (relative to someone without an inherrant steroid), and the 42 dmg will get addeditional bonus dmg from attacking more from his passive, and his ultimate. Same goes for item like atma's: crit which is waisted on most toons, boosts the dmg bonus from his E, and EVERY extra attack from passive and ult.
was wondering what summoner spells do you use?

kingdo

03-27-2012

exhaust/ghost. although ghost seems to be pretty ""meh". exhaust is almost always a for sure kill

inFe eD

03-27-2012

I would take Cleanse/Revive over ghost. Revive because it's just that stupidly broken on Dominion, cleanse because it lets you eat more CC for your team.

swampfox357

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-27-2012

I've never seen a good AD Yi at 2000+, but I've also never seen one not build glass cannon either.

I tend to build all carries pretty tanky in dominion. At least 2 defensive items most games (1 MR, 1 Armor), sometimes more depending on the other team. I think Atmas is a great item on most carries, even without frozen mallet.

The only time glass cannon really works on most carries is if the other team lacks good assassins and you have a good tank. But you can't always depend on having your teammates to protect you. You might get away with it below 2000 elo, but you'll have a much harder time playing against good players building glass cannon.