First SR game after 500+ Dom

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EinzigerAI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-27-2012

All I'm seeing is QQ because people probably don't like you.

brossef

03-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphane View Post
What's wrong with Arathi Basin? It's probably the best objective-based battleground in WoW.

If you don't really care if you win or lose and you aren't even having fun, why play at all? You're wasting other people's time.
if i wanted to play a game like arathi basin i would play wow. and when i do play dominion i just pick yorick bot, or pantheon and just win. the game mode is just to easy to win with certain charecters.

Hugs From Momma

03-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gļo View Post
Usually it's either 1. You have one or two people on your team who completely blow it for everyone else, or 2. You're the other team, and you completely demolish the team unlucky enough to have the horrible player on their team.
Uh, you do realize that SR is a lot worse this way?

EinzigerAI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugs From Momma View Post
A wild Kennen appears!

inFe eD

03-27-2012

Quote:
Doesn't everyone love the 0-10 carry who sits in fountain for 40 minutes hurling curses at his team? I know I sure did! I should go back to SR, I kind of miss seeing those after I do everything in my power to ensure that silly person got fed in lane.

fizzlebeef

03-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viktoree View Post
If Gio made and has any friends still playing and enjoying Dominion I don't see why he'd post this at all. All he's doing is hurting the community which may include friends of his. Tell me something, do you want this thread to help drive more people away from Dominion putting the mode further in the hole and even less likely to succeed? Do you want to take something your friends enjoy away from them just because you don't like it anymore?

We get it, you don't wanna play Dominion any more. But please refrain from coming onto the Dominion boards and talking about how much better SR is because of this and that.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder and you left SR for Dom in first place for w/e reason and guess what, those reasons more than likely still exists.
Have you heard a single thing I've mentioned speaking of flaws in the actual game mode itself? I haven't. I appreciate your concern and that you're putting in the effort to help bring Dominion to where it should be, but sometimes you go about it the wrong way.

I'm speaking of the problems of Dominions players and the apparent mentality of 1400-1500 elo bracket players (and I'm sure it gets much, much worse the lower you go). Many don't seem to care about winning or playing a good game, they only want to duel and that's it. I rarely see any actions that could be considered tactics at all.. it's just blunt-fighting, die, rinse and repeat.

(Yes, I have friends who play this game - but none moved to Dom when Dom came out. They played a bit but they eventually just stuck to SR. Most play ranked. I have made a few after being on Dom though.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by inFe eD View Post
Playing against the AI, quite frankly, is more fun at this point, because they literally play better than most of my teams do when it comes to taking objectives. Whoever programmed them honestly, genuinely understands how to play Dominion. I want to know what the win% is for AI vs humans, because I suspect they may win a depressing amount of their games.
I've yet to play them since the whole AI rework. Maybe I should give that a go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redenbacher View Post
That's funny... everything you hated about Dominion, is a fraction of what I hated about SR. Minus standing on top of a captured point... instead they'd be running around aimlessly in the enemy jungle while the enemy team was all MIA.
Oh, I definitely had my peeves about SR. That's why I played almost 600 dom games before trying it again. I got so tired of SR.

Quote:
Eh, what is your ELO last you've checked? One thing I do know, I have way less afk'ers from start on SR than on Dom. It's ridiculous how many people are afk at start on Dom. Idk why.

(If anything, I hope people moving away from Dom will spark a fire under whoever to get some changes out quick on Dom. It's taking way way to long and this place is falling apart.)
One thing I'd love to see implemented is, if there is an afker for the first 10 minutes of game - please don't make us wait so dang long to surrender. It's torture. This should increase for each champion who is afk. Two afk from very start? I should get to surrender at 10 minute mark, at least.

yausser

03-27-2012

From the outside looking in, and this is purely my take on it (so grain of salt and all that), you guys might be hurting your own cause. I see a lot of negative sentiment regarding "the bads" which incidentally includes newbs as well, so if you want new blood you would have to accept the "bads" with it, and I don't see that. If you feel it is the "bads" in your community, maybe you don't need more players, maybe you need a refined pool of players. Or casual mode.