First SR game after 500+ Dom

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

inFe eD

Senior Member

03-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viktoree View Post
The last thing this fragile community needs is people bashing Dominion as a game mode
I would never, ever bash Dominion as it is currently. It's the community that makes me sad sometimes.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Viktoree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-27-2012

If Gio made and has any friends still playing and enjoying Dominion I don't see why he'd post this at all. All he's doing is hurting the community which may include friends of his. Tell me something, do you want this thread to help drive more people away from Dominion putting the mode further in the hole and even less likely to succeed? Do you want to take something your friends enjoy away from them just because you don't like it anymore?

We get it, you don't wanna play Dominion any more. But please refrain from coming onto the Dominion boards and talking about how much better SR is because of this and that.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder and you left SR for Dom in first place for w/e reason and guess what, those reasons more than likely still exists.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Viktoree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by inFe eD View Post
I would never, ever bash Dominion as it is currently. It's the community that makes me sad sometimes.
I'm all for ripping on the community, they need a good kick in the pants sometimes.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

inFe eD

Senior Member

03-27-2012

He's quitting because he can't stand the community anymore. Why would you play a game where you are almost guaranteed to hate every single member of your team? I don't want to work with them, I don't want to talk with them, I don't want to even carry them, because I'm ruining how elo works by giving them a free ride.

A week ago, I was having the time of my life in Dominion solo queue, to the point where I was excited for 30-minute + queue waits. Today, I fell asleep during a 2 minute queue wait, ruining the game for 9 other people because I was asleep for the entire duration of it. I hate myself for doing that to them, so I'm not going to solo queue, probably ever again.

Playing against the AI, quite frankly, is more fun at this point, because they literally play better than most of my teams do when it comes to taking objectives. Whoever programmed them honestly, genuinely understands how to play Dominion. I want to know what the win% is for AI vs humans, because I suspect they may win a depressing amount of their games.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

twickykid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by inFe eD View Post
Playing against the AI, quite frankly, is more fun at this point, because they literally play better than most of my teams do when it comes to taking objectives. Whoever programmed them honestly, genuinely understands how to play Dominion.
This is what makes me the saddest. I went into an AI game and got my ass smashed by the bots. I went solo with no other real players. Again focusing the point more that you cannot carry the game alone.

The AI is actually really good. They push together, focus out of position players, don't dive turrets, use their summoner spells correctly, and don't talk **** all game.

"It is just dominion"

If I could report how many times I have heard that in the last week in champ selection I'd report everyone one of their asses to Riot for Negative Game Experience.

Before the matchmaking change I never got players like this. I was out of ELO hell. Out of the ques of people doing troll builds or experimenting. Out of the "don't give a ****" attitude que. Now I'm right back in it.

The community is the #1 problem with this game mode. The only answer for that is to lower the range on matchmaking. The players that want to tank their rating by experimenting and bad attitudes will stay low. The rest of us can climb above it.

Right now we're all swimming in the same cesspool.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

inFe eD

Senior Member

03-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by twickykid View Post
This is what makes me the saddest. I went into an AI game and got my ass smashed by the bots. I went solo with no other real players. Again focusing the point more that you cannot carry the game alone.

The AI is actually really good. They push together, focus out of position players, don't dive turrets, use their summoner spells correctly, and don't talk **** all game.

"It is just dominion"

If I could report how many times I have heard that in the last week in champ selection I'd report everyone one of their asses to Riot for Negative Game Experience.

Before the matchmaking change I never got players like this. I was out of ELO hell. Out of the ques of people doing troll builds or experimenting. Out of the "don't give a ****" attitude que. Now I'm right back in it.

The community is the #1 problem with this game mode. The only answer for that is to lower the range on matchmaking. The players that want to tank their rating by experimenting and bad attitudes will stay low. The rest of us can climb above it.

Right now we're all swimming in the same cesspool.
Holy ****, I couldn't believe it the first time. I ignited an AI Kogmaw, he cleansed it literally the EXACT INSTANT I used it and almost killed me because of it. I almost screamed at the computer for cheating, which was deeply embarassing, but almost dying to an AI opponent 1v1 is possibly the silliest thing that's ever happened to me in LoL. I didn't even know you could cleanse Ignite, but apparently super h4x AI do.

Agree with everything you say. Know why I'm on a rampage on the forums, replying everywhere? I'm having more fun talking to people than actually playing LoL. The time I usually set aside to play Dominion has become "harass people on the forums" time. That's how badly I hate the new matchmaking.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redenbacher

Senior Member

03-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gļo View Post
Slow, slow start...
but I'm definitely moving back to SR.

No idiots fighting and losing on top of enemy towers. (At least not nearly as much)
No backdooring idiots who lose game for his team
No more idiots standing on top of captured point instead of fog

We'll see how the next few go.
Dom was just getting frustrating. Sometimes you'll have a gg. Usually it's either 1. You have one or two people on your team who completely blow it for everyone else, or 2. You're the other team, and you completely demolish the team unlucky enough to have the horrible player on their team.

Also, I remember much much fewer leavers back when I played SR. On dom, it seems like every other game has someone start AFK then come back 5 minutes into game, or at least after he's already blew any chance we had of capture the top.

Fck dom. I'll be back when it's better, if that happens.
That's funny... everything you hated about Dominion, is a fraction of what I hated about SR. Minus standing on top of a captured point... instead they'd be running around aimlessly in the enemy jungle while the enemy team was all MIA.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

brossef

Senior Member

03-27-2012

haha another faithful returner, i played only dominion, know when i started sr its just so much better. dominiion is the game i play when i just want to not really care if i win or lose, its just arathi basin turned to lol.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

inFe eD

Senior Member

03-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by brossef View Post
haha another faithful returner, i played only dominion, know when i started sr its just so much better. dominiion is the game i play when i just want to not really care if i win or lose, its just arathi basin turned to lol.
I wish I could hate you to death with my mind.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Orphane

Senior Member

03-27-2012

What's wrong with Arathi Basin? It's probably the best objective-based battleground in WoW.

If you don't really care if you win or lose and you aren't even having fun, why play at all? You're wasting other people's time.