First SR game after 500+ Dom

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

fizzlebeef

03-26-2012

Slow, slow start...
but I'm definitely moving back to SR.

No idiots fighting and losing on top of enemy towers. (At least not nearly as much)
No backdooring idiots who lose game for his team
No more idiots standing on top of captured point instead of fog

We'll see how the next few go.
Dom was just getting frustrating. Sometimes you'll have a gg. Usually it's either 1. You have one or two people on your team who completely blow it for everyone else, or 2. You're the other team, and you completely demolish the team unlucky enough to have the horrible player on their team.

Also, I remember much much fewer leavers back when I played SR. On dom, it seems like every other game has someone start AFK then come back 5 minutes into game, or at least after he's already blew any chance we had of capture the top.

Fck dom. I'll be back when it's better, if that happens.

Viktoree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-26-2012

The exodus is upon us

R.I.P Dominion

we hardly knew ye

Orphane

03-26-2012

I don't think you're going to find a more encouraging experience in SR, just letting you know. Because you realize it's not that you're having really bad luck with teammates? It's that yeah, most of the community is just that bad.

fizzlebeef

03-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphane View Post
I don't think you're going to find a more encouraging experience in SR, just letting you know. Because you realize it's not that you're having really bad luck with teammates? It's that yeah, most of the community is just that bad.
I wouldn't doubt it if that turns out to be the case. It was just one game ofc.

I've tried to play SR once or twice after Dom - just was so slow I decided to never go back to SR. This is the first time I've actually found SR more enjoyable.

Ahh the nostalgia, it's been so long. Nice to see the dragon and baron again. Blue golem!

Orphane

03-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go View Post
I wouldn't doubt it if that turns out to be the case. It was just one game ofc.

I've tried to play SR once or twice before after Dom - just was so slow I decided to never go back to SR. This is the first time I've actually found SR more enjoyable.

Ahh the nostalgia, it's been so long. Nice to see the dragon and baron again. Blue golem!
Don't get me wrong, I actively play and enjoy both SR and Dominion. But in the case of SR, when the game can be lost so long as the enemy team builds an advantage and nurses it, waiting for the slow, inevitable bleedout death that's going to happen just feels worse because you spent more time on laning than you did attempting to out-coordinate the enemy team.

Often SR players will quickly and decisively throw games just by losing in a lane you could do nothing about. In Dominion you can at least always be there to help later rather than not at all.

IronAegis

03-26-2012

I can't go back to SR. I've looked at it a lot recently. I love playing LoL, but after a few hundred games in SR I have pretty much decided that Dominion is the only game mode for me. If it dies, well, I have had a lot fun.

It really is an issue of time.

You get an afker/bad player/feeder in Dom? OK, that sucks, but not a big deal. Kill as many of them as you can and call it a day. If you have 2 afkers, the game is mercifully over in 10-15 min.

You get an afker/bad player/feeder in SR? Buckle up, butter cup, because it is going to be a long, degrading experience. All that feeding has given the other team a huge advantage, so every encounter with said fed player is going to be a nightmare. No one wants to surrender, so you get to slug it out and bash your face into someone's fist repeatedly for 40+ minutes. You don't have the option to just quit out, lest you get reported. You're just stuck there in the game, knowing full well that you have no hope of victory and probably listening to your teammates yell at eachother and describe how they **** your **** in the ****. Oh yeah, that was a great night of gaming.

Isurwars

03-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go View Post
Slow, slow start...
but I'm definitely moving back to SR.

No idiots fighting and losing on top of enemy towers. (At least not nearly as much)
No backdooring idiots who lose game for his team
No more idiots standing on top of captured point instead of fog

We'll see how the next few go.
Dom was just getting frustrating. Sometimes you'll have a gg. Usually it's either 1. You have one or two people on your team who completely blow it for everyone else, or 2. You're the other team, and you completely demolish the team unlucky enough to have the horrible player on their team.

Also, I remember much much fewer leavers back when I played SR. On dom, it seems like every other game has someone start AFK then come back 5 minutes into game, or at least after he's already blew any chance we had of capture the top.

Fck dom. I'll be back when it's better, if that happens.
You sound like a 1400 elo player, and i don't need JabeBot to know that, I play with my smurf with my friends in 1350-1450 and it's exactly as you describe it, it's not the map but the player base at that level that play dominion to troll. as simple as that.

Hawkwìng

03-26-2012

Once I hit ~1600 elo, and all the way up to 1800+ the games always felt close.

The majority of my games ended with the winning team having under 100 points.

Most of my games since i surpassed 1600 have been very close and even. Of course there have been my fair share of bad games, with DCs, AFKs, and bad teams getting 4-5 capped.

fizzlebeef

03-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isurwars View Post
You sound like a 1400 elo player, and i don't need JabeBot to know that, I play with my smurf with my friends in 1350-1450 and it's exactly as you describe it, it's not the map but the player base at that level that play dominion to troll. as simple as that.
1450-1550 (before losing Jabe) & Your story doesn't change anything for me or anyone else at this level. Good for you getting to play with non trolls. My games sometimes will be down to the last 20-30, though often it's 300-400+. It's pretty lame.

edit: 2nd game carrying team that was losing (bad) at start. I could never do this on Dom. No real farming, too small of map. Team would never work together. Idk what elo I'm at on SR right now but so far both ours and enemy teams seem much much more organized that they ever do at my elo on Dom. (which 90% of the time basically entailed team mates ADHD-infused-run-to-the-fight-to-die-single-file attacks)

Ryzol Ryzo Ryz R

03-26-2012

You can carry on dominion. Win bottom lane.

1450 to 1550 Elo I never see anyone that wants to play bottom. The enemy bottom is generally forced into playing it so they aren't using a good bottom lane champion. Most of the time you can pick Hiemerdinger and laugh. Or pick Urgot. I never see Urgot banned in that bracket.