annie?

1234511 ... 28
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

basketball95

03-26-2012

We got the annie buff that was so desperately needed!!!!

I've been playing annie for some time now and I've noticed that compared to other mids, she is very underpowered and I will explain why. I am not qqing and i play many other champs like garen tryndamere cait ali ahri teemo malzahar sej soroka amumu taric and don't think they need buffs so before you rage at me please read and try to understand where I'm coming from. I will address her spell range, her defence, her mana, how she compared to other ap mids like who she gets countered by and if she counters anyone and some possible buffs to make her viable. As of now she is not viable as almost all mages beat her.

First off annies range is incredible short for an ap caster. This does not let her trade effectively as she can easily get harassed without getting any harass on other champs. Annies range is the shortest among all casters and it is not backed up by extra damage, in fact, she does less damage. Her q has a 550 range as does her w and her e does no damage and is only really used to build her stun. To compare other ranges, brand has a 900 range and it has an aoe range of 200 making a possible 1100 range, xerath has ranges of unto 1300+up to 300 for 1600 while he is rooted and 900 while not rooted
ahri has ranges 800 880 and 975 as well as an ult that jumps 3x450 = 1350
lb has ranges 700, 1100 and 1000 morgana has ranges 1300 on her q and 900+350aoe range on w veigar has shorter range but still 600+425 650 and 900+250aoe as well as ult very powerful with 650 range I'm not going to continue but it is clear that annie has very short range compared to other mages and this is a very important characteristic of ap casters where annie is beaten by all allowing her to be harassed easily and not letting her harass well or farm well as she is susceptible to ganks if she tries to farm or harass

Annie defence is also the weakest among ap casters starting with 348 base health, is the 2nd lowest in the game behind soroka who has a huge burst heal making annie very squishy and easy to push out of lane on top of limited range she has.
just saying that this is for what they would have without items, if you build her tank then that can be done with any champ so that is not an argument to say build all sorts of tank items because annie with FON, BV, GA, AS, etc. is not how she should be built

Mana is also tight with annie, her q does refund mana but only on last hits, if you try to harass with it, then you get a chunk of mana taken away, and w does does little damage for the 85 mana it costs at lvl1. In fact with her base 300 mana, using 1 combo 80+85=165 used twice will take out all her mana, if you miss a q farm than there goes a good fifth or sixth of your mana. and everyone misses such as the minions kill the target while disintegrate is in the air or it not quite killing what you expected it to it is not very forgiving.

Annie is very poor in comparison to other mages. Her damage is very low especially considering she is squishy and low ranged. She does 80 damage with both her damage spells at level 1. Lets compare that to a leblanc with cc on her spells doing 85 with her spells at level 1 and they scale much better. In fact, at level 2 or 3, she can almost completely burst down annie from full health, if she gets ignite off, she will kill annie if not she will have to retreat or without doubt die, this lets her gain an advantage on the annie and free farm and get turret. Other mages that all beat annie are kassadin, morgana, malzahar, xerath, brand, ahri, gragas sion anivia, alkali, cassiopeia karthus and vlad, they all have some aspect that lets them beat annie and annie has none on them.

Morg has incredible sustain, brand xerath and pretty much all have range, gragas has some tankiness and damage, akali kassadin leblanc are her very hard counters with lb kassadin silences they are the mage destroyers, sion is very tanky, anivia does a lot of damage and doesn't die cuz of egg, karthus global ult which allows for easy kills to get him fed, veigar ult does damage based on ap of annie as well so that can do almost 3/4 her hp, brand does all damage plus 8% hp for every spell hit making him deal extra damage. Many other mids have a type of sustain like vlad which negates harass and morgana. All said and done annie does not counter any champs and there are tons of counters to annie.

Id like to talk about cc which people complain about annie a lot because of stun. Many mids have stuns, sion, brand xerath kenneth and more all have stuns and many champs have more effective cc against mages like longer duration silences and snares. Lots also have more cc then annie. i.e. lb has snare and very long silence which are automatic, morgana has snare slow and stun also an ability to stop cc, kassadin has powerful silence and fairly tanky. Id also like to point out that annie's stun makes it harder to farm as she will not want to waste her stun on minions also, the stun must be used immediately and u cannot wait to use it such as veigar or sion or morg etc. Last, Id like to point out that annie's stun is not up at all times. It can only be used after 5 spells. This means that for 80% of the game, annie lacks any cc which in fact every other champion has at all times ready.

I think its been proven that annie is underpowered so here are some buffs to make her viable as now she is not. I don't want all these buffs that would be unreasonable but one or two couud help her to compete with other casters and make her usable.

Increased base mana or reduced mana cost on spells maybe not even all ranks or all spells possibly less cost on w and perhaps at early ranks until she can build some mana item

Increased range on her spells. She has lowest spell range of any caster a key important feature of them. This is a great buff as it allows her to compete not only in the lane but in team fights she doesn't get slaughtered as she is practically in melee range

Increased base damage: her scaling is not the problem rather her low damage early that allows her to be pushed out. If she could trade damage better, shed be more viable.

More sustain or tankiness as of now she has very low defence and can be bursted down easily. let her compete with other mages. right now she doesn't stand a chance unless the person playing annie is more skilled she will always lose

I know annie doesn't have skill shots but in all fairness a good player should be able to land some and dodging annies spells is kinda the same, stay outta the range. If you have a skill shot and annie goes to harass you she has to be so close that you shud easily land it especially since she won't be dodging from such close range if she can dodge it you did a bad job aiming it, annie used flash or she is otherwise extremely skilled.

Annie also has no escape like many do have
vlad has that pool, ahri and kassadin dash/flash
or a leave behind spell stun like veigar, sion
movement speed like kennen or auto snare if you're close to morgana
fizz jump lets him take no damage
annie only has a flash which almost all champs take
All I'm saying and i think most will agree that annie is underpowered as an ap caster which is the only way to build her.

I'd just like to add, just because some champs such as swain aren't the best mid, they do very well in other lanes and for the record i think kennel and vlad do very well in mid lane as does swain if played right.

Annie needs a QoL buff like so many other of the first champs have gotten. I don't doubt that she was very good when other mages weren't around and pre-nerf but now she is rather underpowered

Also if you want to challenge this plz give an example of a couple champs that are viable mids(don't give me like a soroka mid or a ww mid). Im open to criticism but you must give reasons. No wow your stupid stuff. I understand she has aoe stun but most mids have great cc as well. And she has a good ult but all ap carries have great ults, veigar can almst one shot a carry, morg can slow and stun most of team, kassadin has a damage flash with short cd. Brand has a massive damage multiple target fireball that paired with other spells stuns a lot, ahri has dashes, karthus has one of best ults in game with requiem, massive global damage malzahar suppress for a long time pretty much guarantees a kill and funny enough cassiopeia has an aoe stun without having to build it on shorter cd. A great ult is standard on ap carries. And I'm not asking for huge buffs like people who want a 15 second tryndamere ult yes i have seen that or a katarina who wants to be immune to cc during her ult. Just a little more damage or range or mana or defense to help her compete a little with other mids. Just something that annie has over other mages.

Edit: I am yet to find one reason with explanation as to why my logic is flawed. All i've seen is people who don't play annie comment that they don't want a champ that they don't play getting buffed. keep the down votes coming

Tl;DR

Annie is no longer a viable mid and needs a QoL buff that most old champions have gotten
I would like to see reasonable buffs to let her compete with other mid champs as she does not win any matchups mainly due to her extremely short spell range, low damage but she also has bad defence and unreliable cc as well as other challenges to play her

Edit: Surprised that more than 7k views and 250 posts no red has posted

ShakuHaze

03-26-2012

tl;dr

PriorityOne

03-26-2012

I agree with that long and drawn out post.

The biggest problem with Annie is the community perception of her. There's the perception that she's "easy to play." This has two effects. The first effect is that people who die to her rage "Oh you're playing a n00b champion because you suck." The second effect is that it makes people rage about it on the forums twice as hard because rather than admit they got outplayed they would rather believe that "easy to play" Annie is overpowered.

Devi Freak Mint

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-26-2012

All her spells *and* her auto-attack have a 625 range.

You can safely AA poke your opponent for free everytime they try to last hit.

Jellysquish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-26-2012

No mobility not the greatest range no sustain also a lot of the popular mids beat her

ln My Jawwdinz

03-26-2012

annie is balanced i just owned a morde mid .
u typed to much and no1 gonna give 2 ****s! sorry

q farm free, if ur losing in cs ur just bad. so u have mana to poke and mana to farm easy

basketball95

03-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devi Freak Mint View Post

Her AA has a 625 range but what use is AA range which deals Physical damage on a champ which does Magical damage.

in fact i did a test with my friend, we both went mid i was annie he was i think malzahar
all i did was aa him constantly and he did not hit me with a spell or an auto attack, the minions killed me before i killed him thus aa and getting hit by minions is actually not very smart especially considering annie's 420 hp assuming u go boots 3 pots getting hit by minions that deal 50-60 damage is not worth it

basketball95

03-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellysquish View Post
No mobility not the greatest range no sustain also a lot of the popular mids beat her
her main problem is this
she just gets beat by all the mages that are commonly played unless the annie has way more skill

basketball95

03-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devi Freak Mint View Post

most champs have longer range than 625 so they can safely poke at that distance of say 900 or 1300 or waterer it may be

Milarky

03-26-2012

Like any other AP champs annie has a unique play style, you can afk farm minions for 20 mins without leaving lane and rape late game, or harass early game and gain a big advantage late game, she can do a lot

1234511 ... 28