Graph of queue populations

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jabe

03-26-2012

Attached is a spreadsheet containing the number of people in different queues on NA sampled once every minute. This is possible because when a person joins a queue, the approximate wait time and number of people in queue is returned if you successfully join. So I wrote a script that polls queues for their populations every minute.

The intention was to find out the approximate relative popularity of each of the modes.

NOTE: The number of games currently going on is not reflected in these numbers at all. It's simply the number of people in queue.
NOTE2: Times are GMT -7 and there is a large gap when my script stopped working and I didn't notice.
NOTE3: JabeBot returns a few queue sizes with the !queue command. It can't return as many because it can't join all the queues.

Here is the spreadsheet in stacked graph form: http://i.imgur.com/9TA0A.jpg
And the same thing but with stacking reversed: http://i.imgur.com/CY4ob.jpg (probably easier to view this way)

Queues included are:
- Normal blind pick
- Normal draft mode
- Twisted Treeline
- Dominion blind pick
- Dominion draft mode
- Co-op vs AI on Summoner's Rift
- Co-op vs AI on Crystal Scar

EinzigerAI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-26-2012

Jabe you are an information madman.

I have expect you to own beakers.

Fledrel

03-26-2012

that is some nice info.

gj ^^

Whi

03-26-2012

I am just curious. When are you start working in riot? I heard you got hired already.

Kultra

03-26-2012

Well honestly, if he hasn't gotten hired as a Data Analyst already, Riot is missing out big.

Jabe

03-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whi View Post
I am just curious. When are you start working in riot? I heard you got hired already.
After I'm done with my Master's degree. So May-ish

TakinTheHeat

03-26-2012

Christ. There is always less than 50(usually less than 45) in dom draft. It's the least played game mode out of everything. Yet the best, in my opinion. Sad..

Basoosh

03-26-2012

For some reason I envision Jabe as Heimerdinger in human form. Excellent and interesting work.

EDIT: It would be really interesting to see Europe server information as well. Just to see if the popularity ratio is about the same, or if there are more people playing Dom over there or not.

MMKH

03-26-2012

I can't believe TT has more people in queue than Dominion... these numbers don't look very good for us. Must be pretty bad knowing that Riot spent 9 months on Dom for this to happen.

Jabe

03-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basoosh View Post
EDIT: It would be really interesting to see Europe server information as well. Just to see if the popularity ratio is about the same, or if there are more people playing Dom over there or not.
I would need login info for a summoner that can join draft queues.