Vayne Q's

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FENN3C

03-26-2012

So I've just started getting into Vayne.
I play pretty much all the other AD carries, but know literally nothing about Vayne.

Her passive "night hunter" and skill "final hour"
Apparently your MS increases when chasing after enemy champions.
Is there a radius you need to be within while chasing champions for the MS to kick in?
I never know when it's working...

And as for Final Hour - when it's activated and you Q - right as you click Q to tumble you go invisible and pop out of invisibility after you finish the tumble animation?

Also I know this question was just asked in another thread, but didn't see many responses. What is the best first main item for Vayne?
I read guides and a lot of people suggest BT, but I don't get why since IE does more damage. Other people go PD first. Suggestions?

Thanks.

无中生有

03-26-2012

The Passive has a range yes.

As for ulti Invis it lasts 1.5sec or after you attack an enemy.

Vayne should go Boots 3 - > Double doran -> BT -> PD -> IE/LW

That's my usual build at least.

Robert Razed

03-26-2012

I swear that movement speed increase does nothing even if you're ulted; as soon as Vayne ults it makes a sound that makes the entire enemy team poo their pants and haul out.

She gets little sparkly feet when the boost is on and there's an icon.

Boots and 3 potions, Dorans Dorans, Zerkers, Zeal, Cleaver imo.

EDIT:
(I'm a shameless silver bolts ho though, if I want to just play HurrAD I play Kog or Graves oO)

Politburo

03-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only Plays Top View Post
As for ulti Invis it lasts 1.5sec or after you attack an enemy.
just in case it's not clear, yes it lasts longer than the tumble

also i'm pretty sure there's no buff icon

Bloodpaly

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-26-2012

The stealth on her ulti lasts slightly longer than the tumble time.

The radius for her passive is pretty big, maybe 1500 or so units.

BT first generally(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shpA2ed3I40 this showcases its power), IE is better for damage, but your shorter range means that the very large amount of lifesteal is extremely useful. PD first is pretty meh, maybe if you built a couple dorans AND wriggles first.

Vycoss

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-26-2012

Ok so- theres a few ways to play vayne imo. If you go pd first, max your w strait out. This works really well with lanes that give you good buffs, like nunu support. You can get lots of w procs which will do suprising dmg and help a lot if any early teamfights break out.

Maxing your q is good for any quick poking in lane. Many vaynes go bt first because she has trouble laning against basically every ad carry and it gives her a chance in lane. Personally i rarely go bt first. i will usually always go zeal into either pd or ie.

You can check my match history and vayne stats, i play her pretty well, like i said tho this is just how i play her, figure out what works for you.

Authorized

03-26-2012

Cleaver is a Noob trap item. Unless you're like against an urgot, never buy it. I mean never.

Robert Razed

03-26-2012

Y u ALL GOLD!?

Vycoss

Recruiter

03-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aracia View Post
Y u ALL GOLD!?
im not now..im plat!

ZachisonFire

03-26-2012

I have an 84% winning percentage as vayne, but im only 1400 elo

This build always does the trick: Start Dorans or Boots 3x depending on your support and if you can easily trade or not
If Started Dorans, Get Zerk Greaves, if started boots, get zerk greaves and dorans.
Rush a blood thirster.
Phantom Dancer
Infinity Edge
Defensive Item depending on team(QSS usually)
Last Whisper

Honestly, all she needs is the BT and PD to do a lot of damage, because positioning is EVERYTHING. Tumble the wrong way and it's GG. Condemn someone the wrong way? They escape. I'm not a very good AD carry, but I know where to be in teamfights with vayne, which turns into kills.