How to change the screen resolution without getting in game?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Krox

03-26-2012

Because I tried to change the screen resolution in game, and now it's all black, so I can't go to Video and rechange it...

FouR TrYsS

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-26-2012

This happened to me sort of I had been switching between a 50 inch monitor and a 22inch monitor. Well the one time I started a game on my 22 inch and my client was set for the 50. I tried everything but the client resolution is in no way related to your computers resolution. I had to plug it in to the other monitor to change it. As far as I know you cannot really do anything about but riot needs to change something. That's for sure.

Krox

03-26-2012

If I unstall and re-install, do u think it will be alright?

Krox

03-26-2012

. . .

AdventHawk7

03-26-2012

Right click on your desktop, click "personalize" or "Screen Resolution".

You can do it from there

Krox

03-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdventHawk7 View Post
Right click on your desktop, click "personalize" or "Screen Resolution".

You can do it from there
But idk what to change :/
I didnt see what resolution I clicked..

AdventHawk7

03-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaikrox View Post
But idk what to change :/
I didnt see what resolution I clicked..
It should tell you what resolution you have. If you're meaning you don't remember what it was set to before you changed it, set it to 1024x768 just to put it in a resolution you might be able to go from you might find comfortable.

I have my computer resolution set to 1600x1200, which is best for me.

Krox

03-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdventHawk7 View Post
It should tell you what resolution you have. If you're meaning you don't remember what it was set to before you changed it, set it to 1024x768 just to put it in a resolution you might be able to go from you might find comfortable.

I have my computer resolution set to 1600x1200, which is best for me.
So If i understand, now I change the resolution to the lowest just to be able to change it back in game. And then, I put back my resolution back?

Cidolfus Bunansa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-26-2012

C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\Config\Game.cfg
Set Values (for example for a 1920x1080 screen):
Width=1920
Height=1080
I would suggest maintaining the same resolution as you use in Windows.

And if you don't know for sure,
Width=800
Height=600
Is a safe choice

AdventHawk7

03-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaikrox View Post
So If i understand, now I change the resolution to the lowest just to be able to change it back in game. And then, I put back my resolution back?
That should be the outcome, I know what you're talking about because I've been messing around with my computer resolution a lot lately and found what I'm using to be very helpful because it did look bad when I had thing's set randomly trying to figure out the best resolution I can use.

In the game when I opened it no matter what resolution my computer was set to it would look wrong, like the game looked either too big or too small.

Whatever you set your computers resolution to, open up a game, go to options in the exit menu screen in-game go to Video settings, the second option with a drop-down arrow whatever that setting is set to, set it to the same resolution that you have your computers resolution set to, and it should look good and fit your screen perfectly.