Why isn't morde considered a troll pick anymore?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

juzzthedude

03-25-2012

Look at how Scarra plays him in tournaments.

He gets ganked 0/3, and still manages to absolutely destroy in teamfights.

Spellvamp + Ult + Crazy AoE, gives him crazy farming skills and if he manages to burst down the carry, the teamfight is almost a instawin.

Troll mordes from before were the ones who built zero AP, rushed a FoN. Boy am I glad I dont see those anymore >.>

Yellow Jester

03-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quitch View Post
Morde was absolutely **** upon release. It took them several patches for him to get buffed to "plausible"
ACTUALLY, no. He was waaaaaay stronger on release, for instance his E did more damage for lest cost and gave bonus shield based on # of things hit, so it'd be like WOOP full shield every 3 seconds.

darkzero225

03-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by juzzthedude View Post
Look at how Scarra plays him in tournaments.

He gets ganked 0/3, and still manages to absolutely destroy in teamfights.

Spellvamp + Ult + Crazy AoE, gives him crazy farming skills and if he manages to burst down the carry, the teamfight is almost a instawin.

Troll mordes from before were the ones who built zero AP, rushed a FoN. Boy am I glad I dont see those anymore >.>
Rushing FoN Isn't bad though. If anything it takes real balls to rush FoN. I never saw the point in getting any extra ap early game because you already do enough damage on your own. You needed the HP regen and Mres more, especially against casters at mid. The Movespeed from it gave you some nice speed making it harder for them to chase and land skillshots. With Mspeed quints and masteries you were essentially never hit with harrass. It's a lot harder to manage but it's a lot more rewarding than just rushing all AP and dying in teamfights because you have hardly any defenses when you're being focused down and CC'd.

Spellvamp is good on paper but it was not good sustain to rely on at the time. One ignite and that spellvamp was made worthless. You had to either stack it (back when it stacked) or build a BUNCH of ap to get some decent heals off of it. Basically, you were a piece of paper and ignite hurt you really badly. Rushing FoN and then building that revolver gave you something to fall back on, because if you got ignite and are about to get ganked it was easy to run away because your fon, boots, and mspeed bonuses from runes+masteries gave you super speed.

Granted I would be saying this if Morde weren't nerfed. Most of the time I find myself getting 2 regrowth pendants, boots and then getting revolver. The removal of the hp/mana regen masteries in the utility tree hurt Morde just a tiny bit, and of course, the shield nerfs.