Why isn't morde considered a troll pick anymore?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Quitch

03-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Kane View Post
Because he got a buff months upon months upon months ago and after that buff he was viable. His ultimate is still game breaking as hell. step 1 ult Vayne >Step 2 team focuses vayne step 3> ????? Step 4> VICTORY!
1. Play as Yorick.
2. Ult Vayne!
3. 1.75 effective carries
4. Real Vayne dies.
5. JK LOLOLOL

WintersHeart666

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2012

He hasn't been a troll pick for a while

Other than AP teemo he's my go to guy for getting wins.

Killzerz

03-25-2012

Better in teamfights than pre-nerf Morde, just worse laning.

1MoreBowlOfRice

03-25-2012

i c i c

kekekekekeke

thx kiddos

stop downvoting me btw

CombatMonkey

03-25-2012

Morde es numero uno

TyrantRC

03-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quitch View Post
Morde was absolutely **** upon release. It took them several patches for him to get buffed to "plausible"
Dude when he was release, ppl played him like a tank hybrid, he never sucked, people just didnt know how to build him, when the comunity started to build damage on him and getting pentakills with it, suddendly he was OP and he got nerfed.

He was never ****, and dont say that to me because I mained him in those times.

darkzero225

03-25-2012

I personally have always loved playing Morde, even back when he was considered a "bad tank." (yes, at one point he was considered a tank)

To my understanding, he was really bad at release, and only did well in lower elos. He got rework in November of 2010 and it buffed his Q and his W's ratios and base damage, slightly nerfed his E's base damage but buffed the ratio, and fixed a LOT of bugs on his ultimate, but it also nerfed his shield, and for like 4 weeks he was REALLY underpowered because he couldn't stay in lane, then they reverted the shield nerf and all was well.

It took about 6 months or so before people figured out that AP Burst Morde was really strong against really stupid people. (AP burst morde melts easily in fights if focused down because he spends his gold on damage and spellvamp which was not that great on morde at the time IMO, and hardly any defense) so that was when his shield got nerfed.

After like 2 months though they buffed his shield and his E's damage so now he's kind of in a decent spot. Doesn't really fit in the meta right now because while his shield is a bit better, it's not that great because the top mid picks can counter him easily, and he still lacks CC.

Here's some things you need to know about him now.

1. Spellvamp is necessary now, as much as I hate to say it. You can try playing him without it, but it's harder to manage.

2. Shield generation is halved against minions, and the bonus shield generation on his E was taken away. (which imo was too much but at least he has slightly better generation)

3. His Q was buffed and can actually do damage on multiple targets. (It's still a very small amount though.)

4. His ultimate is still pretty great.

5. He's less versatile for certain lanes. Top Morde is pretty much dead unless you're up against vlad, Mid morde is the best, bot morde is ok.

Zenode

03-25-2012

Because AP morde is god**** ridiculous

darkzero225

03-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenode View Post
Because AP morde is god**** ridiculous
Only if you lack any real CC. He won't be dealing damage or healing if he's locked up. It's stupid to say AP Morde is ridiculous if you just let him kill you.

Tanky AP is simply far more superior because he has the damage and tankyness, making him a lot harder to kill mid-lategame.

Doc Robot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2012

hue