Counters to Veigar 1v1

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Directw

09-19-2012

Veig can not be countered at mid? How about some common ap counter such as Galio and Talon? I believe Mao, Cho, or Hemi, probably even Vald, should be good against Veig too.

Qc tinmoncriss

09-20-2012

akali too and swain if you know how to play him

Shesocold

09-20-2012

Galio is just a great ap mid counter in general and can harrass pretty nicely with his resolute smite. plus zone him and he'll be near useless late game

Epictues

09-21-2012

I dont think Ryze is a hard counter to Veigar at all.
As was said a good early game can mess up Veigars day. Ryze doesnt get banshees veil until late game and all his spells are short range.

So even though Veigars ult wont be hitting Veigar as hard, Veigar will still be stunning and bombing the tar out of Ryze.

more mobile and rangy champs should have a better time against Veigar

General Sassycat

11-03-2012

Deleted my last comment because i realised it was mean ;_;

In my personal experience the only times I've lost as Veigar is when I have been outplayed. The tough lane matchups with him do not mean an auto victory for the enemy champ, just that you have to change your playstyle and sometimes your masteries/ runes as well. Maybe its because i play weird but Veigar is just one of those champs you don't necessarily look at what your up against in mid lane. More than likely you are looking at overall team comps because with enough skill Veigar could beat just about anyone in lane.

Hotdogs

11-03-2012

necro
use mercury treads

Epictues

11-04-2012

ryze can still cast and move inside veigars stun circle; so veigars AoEs are not auto hits on Ryze.
and ryze can stun veigar right back and will win the damage exchange.

ryze is pretty close to a hard counter to veigar

Pudding Sundae

11-04-2012

Merc treads help a lot vs veigar early. The tenacity guarantees that dark matter won't land until he puts some lvls into event horizon. I'm not exactly sure what lvl it has to be to have a long enough stun even with the tenacity, but if I had to guess I'd say 3. Most veigars lvl their w before e though, so that makes them better most of the time. Besides that an early negatron keeps him from 100 - 0ing you effectively, and once his burst is gone you should be able to take him out.

AversiveBias

11-04-2012

Any ad mids with a dash or a jump are good. Also, ahri, lux (outranges), teemo, and xerath.

jetpotion

11-25-2012

Bruisers,gap closers, and has ability to shut his farm down.And able to evade stun and burst.Ryze and morgana are good examples.Galio,talon.kassadin,akali do really well.Kat is good counter to decent veigars.Apparently lee sin and bruiser are the new **** in mid for high lvl play and counter champions with bruisers.