Post here if you've stopped playing Dominion since Jabebot was killed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Semiel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-26-2012

I am still playing, but mostly because I tell myself that ranked will come eventually and I want to improve in preparation for that. When it gets to be a month in and we still have no word on ranked, I'll probably stop playing.

TEEAHMAT TOOSDEY

03-26-2012

Nope, I stopped caring bout elo before jabebot died. Had a ton more fun since. Been playing with friends who were... lower elo, and it was more enjoyable.

When ranked comes out, I will probably do a team with them anyways =D

Rihawf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-26-2012

Things were looking bad after Jabebot was killed, so I stopped with Dominion after all. (And I played a lot)
Better deal with SR than Dominion nowadays.

swampfox357

03-26-2012

Mostly. Although, if I continue to see some movement in the right direction by Riot, that may change. But if not, there's always SC2 and Skyrim (not to mention DOTA 2).

Forbiddian

03-26-2012

Dominion is less fun without Jabebot, and I've basically stopped playing. This thread is obviously going to be biased toward people who continue to play despite Jabebot getting axed, because people who quit probably won't check the forums, but I think I can explain why it's less fun for me.

An Elo system makes it feel like there's something at stake when you play a game. If you win, you move up. If you lose, then you have to win again in order to get back to where you were. It's somewhat like wagering on the outcome of the game, or a set of games. The individual games don't matter much, but you can set goals for yourself easily. Plus you get paired against stronger opponents if you do well. At the higher Elos, pretty much everyone is checking their Elo regularly, so the whole environment is a lot more fun/competitive.

I get that not everyone wants that competitive environment. Or maybe some people climb up, peak out in terms of skill, and then realize that they don't like how competitive it got.

I can respect that, but I don't see any reason to continue to invest my time in Dominion. There's no reward for winning, or penalty for losing (actually you get rewarded for losing because you get IP and your next game is easier, making it easier to farm that WoD). Riot games showed us a dozen times that they don't give a **** about Dominion. They're making money hand over fist, but none of their employees is currently working on Dominion. The only thing they've done for Dominion in the last 4 months is take away a beloved feature made by a member of the Dominion community. Also, many of my friends (I guess I tend to attract players of a competitive nature) have quit because there's no ranked. Every incentive I have to play is gone.

I could go back to playing SR ranked to play ranked, but I preferred Dominion to SR if both got some form of ranking. Anyway, I'm going to speak with my wallet and not buy more Riot products.

Ryzol Ryzo Ryz R

03-26-2012

Heyo.

Quit not because of jabebot, but because matchmaking is really bad now.

Sniedermeier

03-26-2012

jABEBOT WHERE?

TrueRodion

03-26-2012

Posting,

AAARRRRGGGGGHHHH

03-26-2012

nowadays i just make new accounts to play ad kass and ap ashe

Hawkwìng

03-26-2012

sigh. im not quiting.
but i just got trolled by a idiot who told me my opinion is invalid cuz im UNRANKED IN SR.

UNRANKED IN SR

seriously? i played to 1800 b4 jabebot died. and my win/loss has grown ever since.

why am i getting told im bad cuz im unranked in SR while playing dominion at high elo? how are high elo dominion players still clueless about dominion elo.

anyways

/rage off