A New Beginning | Ahri x OC

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AlahForPrez

03-25-2012

Yes, it's finally here. I'm not posting all of it though, it gets messy post-chapter 14. I'm also not posting them all at once. It's my first story and I'm a bit of a perfectionist, alas my lazyness > my ocd. That said, I request notification of any and all typographical errors. Just for the record, I took this story's consideration with a grain of salt when I started. Eventually I went over it ,and in fact today I just went through about 20 chapters (how many I have done) and gave them dates. Also, admission to read this story costs 1 e-cookie as payment for my typing this whole story on my smartphone using notepad with no spellcheck. It grts better as the chapters go (you might notice my writing changes). Without further adieu blah blah blah enjoy!

"Last push guys, don't hold back!" I rallied to my team.

It was the last game for the night and all that was standing between me and my team were a few minor minions as well as the fresh-from-respawn opposing team. My team consisted of Cassiopeia, Master Yi, and Rammus; We were facing off against a Vayne, Shyvana, and a Veigar. I was Cassiopeia, my normal pick for 3v3 pubstomping, and as usual, despite my being counterpicked by veigar, I was carrying like a boss. After getting 3 kills in the first five minutes, I proceeded to dominate and bring the game to a near-close at the fifteen minute mark. When my team got to the enemy team, we saw them trying to keep the massive waves of super minions, which flowed in like a stream managing to compromise a dam, from destroying their nexus. Rammus immediatly advanced recklessly into the fray. I slithered closely behind him with my spells at the ready. Master Yi stayed outside waiting for the right moment to end the game. He was waiting until we killed Veigar, after which point he would flash over the wall and attack the nexus.

Vayne stepped off the base and started to shoot Rammus with her silver bolts. Rammus taunted her and activated Defensive Ball Curl. After Rammus taunted Vayne, I spat my poison at her and sent my twin fangs soaring into Vayne; She died after the third pair of fangs landed in her back while she tried to run back to heal on the summoner platform. Veigar conjured his stun wall on Rammus and cast primordial burst at me, which, under other circumstances, would have severely hurt me, but instead it did no damage. I wasn't dumb enough to walk into the anti-AP-carry's trap and instead countered it with a Banshee's Veil. While I was keeping their team suppressed, Master Yi was hacking away at the nexus using his ultimate.

VICTORY!

After the match ended, I recieved the last bit of money that I needed. I made my way to the shop. It was 11:57 P.M. I had been waiting for this for a week. I bolted down the spacious halls of The Institute of War, excitement making my fingers tingle and arms shake. The halls had magicly lit torches with blue fire lined down the halls illuminating most of the hallway; The torches were enchanted so that they never burned, and yet, you would stare at them and wonder how. The explanation was obvious, but to those who were never exsposed to magic, it was as if everything you knew was suddenly unveiled as a lie. But if you were going through the halls for the first time, you wouldn't pay any mind to the torches or even the blue fires that levitated above the unburnable torches. Nope, you would be staring in awe at the unfathomably amazing champions walking, or even flying, down the halls. Who cares about some stupid magic gimmicks when a man on fire walks by you? You see my point. So after navigating through the halls of the institute, I finaly made it to the store. The room was packed so heavily that I would've had to wait hours to enter. However, instead of waiting, I began to whisper to myself an incantation for a displacement spell. The air around me swapped through space and time until... Orange strands of space and time abruptly became tangible before my eyes. After checking to see if my limbs were still attatched to my body, and luckily they were, I noticed I got swapped with whomever had first place in the line. After I made it in I saw everyone watching the clock, which is likely what kept me from getting booted back out, and counting down. "5...4...3...2...1..." Deafening screams of joy assaulted the ears of anyone with less enthusiasm than the rest of us, if any such person existed in the ocean of happy summoners. After the clerk put the box on the counter, I snatched a scrap of tightly rolled parchment out of the box and gave the clerk my influence points and sprinted out of the store.

On the way back my head spun. I was elated, which was an extremely rare occurence for me, as I opened the door to my unusually dark room. It was average for my lowlight styled preferences, but unusual to other types of people. I shut the door behind me and dash-jumped onto my bed taking out the scroll I bought from the store, unbeknownst to me that this was the moment that would drasticly revamp my life for the better, and unrolled it on my bed. The title read "Incantation for Summoning Ahri, The Nine-Tailed Fox".

AlahForPrez

03-25-2012

This is just a post for something I wanted to say and then forgot shortly before posting it.

After the first person comments I'll tack on the second chapter. After that one gets 5 +'s ill do the third. That's my limit for today. Sorry, when I typed this I meant that if 5 people liked it and didn't want to wait for the next chapter then thry could + it and I'd post immediately.

Remembered something! I'll be editing the story periodicly.

Remembered another thing! I changed a few things about Runeterra that weren't mentioned in lore.

Herp derp. It's not entirely romance, its 50/50 romance and action/ adventure. Also, it'll never end. It'll continue until I for some reason can't continue orjust drcide not to. When I get my computer back I'll try to write between playing and school. I write in school anyway

I'll post all my chapters on ff.net when I get access to a comp. As it stands I can't post there wiyhout microsoft word or something of that nature.

Cerubois

03-25-2012

I'm glad you finally got the chance to post your story, but... I don't think holding us hostage is the right way to go about this.
I mean, my story's been up for about four months now, and it still only has 38 upvotes. I don't expect anything of my readers. Sure, I humbly request attention, but I will never demand it.

By all means, space out your chapters to stay on the front page. You'll definitely get more attention that way. But you mention the story gets better as it goes along. How will we ever know if you don't post it? What if nobody pays attention to it? Will you simply stop posting it altogether? That's not a good thing for anyone, including yourself.

As I always say, write for yourself first and foremost. If others like it, they'll probably let you know. If not, you have something at least you can enjoy.

Edit: I guess I misunderstood. Sorry. On fanfiction.net we get writers who say things like 'Review or I won't continue the story!'. It's kinda ridiculous. >.>

Silver of Souls

03-25-2012

Okay, first of all, I'm quite impressed that you managed to type 20 chapters of this out on a smartphone. In fact, what sorcery did you use? o_o I have a smartphone and the keys are so small that I take twenty minutes to tell my mother that I won't be home for dinner.

Second of all, I'm interested in what you've got here. The second part of the chapter is a much more interesting way of describing how to buy champions than, "After the match, I saw that I had enough IP to buy the new champion, danced around my laptop, and went to the store. But Riot's servers suck and it wasn't working." Which is how I buy champions. Like I said, that's
pretty cool.

I'm not sure why you want to meet review quotas - setting numbers just kind of stresses me out, personally. But to each their own.

AlahForPrez

03-25-2012

No, I only had it set that way incase I got alot of people who wanted more chapters immediately. Aside from that I was just gunna post one a day. And I personaly dont really care for +'s. Not like they do anything. Anyway chapter 2

Summer, July 7th.

There are 2 types of summoner categories that I use to classify people into here in the institute. There are the summoners that play games, often with friends and hang out around the institute and have little care for adventure with a decent shot at finding a mate. In contrast there are the ones that play Summoner's Rift religiously for 20 hours of every day with breaks only of the food and of the bathroom sort, they also have little to no interest in adventure with equal interest or chance at finding a mate. I was the epitome of the latter to the 2 types. My name is Sky, I was born in the Institute of War 18 years ago, but my parents retired early after making large contributions to project Dominion. They live happily in Demacia now and I reside here... Wasting my life. Until today...

I wielded the scroll in front of me, carefully, meticulously scanning every word. After memorizing the entire scroll I checked the clock. 12:38 A.M. To the summoners like me, 8 hours seemed indifferent from 2. As the saying goes, time flies when you're owning noobs. I immediately got off my bed and walked over to my gaming chair. All summoners had one for whenever they played. I turned on the emerald colored crystal on my desk which projected a flawless 17' screen, which was adjustable with magic. More advanced summoners could make the crystal project onto the whole room and even add dimensions to make it feel like you were really there. After navigating through the menu I qeued a 5v5 match, the first of many to come tonight. As soon as the champion select screen came up I recited the summoning incantation as fast as I could, before someone else did. Our final team was composed of Irelia, Udyr, Caitlyn, Ahri, and Sona. In next to no time at all, the screen showed us all at the summoner platform. I stared in awe at my new champion. From the moment I saw her, I was fazed... "Summoner..?"

The beyond beautiful voice snapped me out of the trance. "Huh?... Oh, sorry!" I apologized telepathicly. "You can call me Sky, by the way." I added with a hint of embarrassment.

"Pleased to meet you Sky," She giggled. Her giggle was cute and yet sinister at the same time but still mesmerizing, all the same."But shouldn't we be making our way to the middle?" She asked. I would wager that her voice was more serene than that of a goddess, hell, I would've bet she was more beautiful than one too.

"On it." I told her confidently. "It may be my first game with her, but I'm sure I can naturally pick up her play style easily" I thought to myself.

"They will not stand a chance." She said. We bought boots and 3 health potions from the store and began advancing towards the middle lane. After we got off the platform, she noticed the large nexus, the small little minions shuffling single-file to their lanes, and the odd looking inhibitors. Following the middle batch of minions to the middle, she analyzed the tower with her velvet tails swirling majesticly behind her.

"Here we are." I answered as we passed the last turret. It had just occurred to me that I didn't analyze the other team. Their team seemed pretty airtight. Soraka, Lux, Graves, Riven, and Maokai. Upon conclusion of my team analysis, we reached the middle. Ahri looked across the lane to see an odd figure. Out of the fog-of-war came a petite figure that appeared to be skipping. Lux approached middle field and waved at us. Typical happy spirited Lux, always being so nice and thoughtful.

"She's so cute!" Ahri told me in a fascinated voice. She was underestimating Lux just like I did the first time I dueled her in a lane. I remember thinking she would be easy to kill and going straight at her only to be snared, slowed, and have a laser shot point-blank into my face. Good times...

"She is, but she also has a high kill potential, as in, she can kill us fast. Just stay behind the minions and be careful for her snare. If she casts Lucent Singularity, it's not imperative to dodge it, but if you can, move out of the slow field. It's got **** damage early and it eats her mana. Plus I bought potions so we should be fine." I instructed. Ahri was last hitting minions subconciously, keeping the rest of her focus on Lux. After a few minutes Lux cast her snare perfectly straight through the opening in our minion wave. She caught Ahri off guard and her spell snared her. Ahri was quick to find an opening in Lux's minion wave and charmed Lux and threw her orb straight through The Lady of Luminosity draining her to slightly above half health. Lux turned as soon as the charm wore off and cast Lucent Singularity to slow us. I used flash and Ahri spun causing three fox fires to spawn and attack Lux. She was barely alive and about to escape before Ahri cast her orb one last time.

YOU HAVE SLAIN AN ENEMY!

I was about to congratulate Ahri and back up a little, but before I could, Maokai came from behind us and cast Twisted Advance. This was punishment for over-extending. Usualy Maokai is only a threat with a partner, however, this time he had the red buff which slowed us as we ran back to safety.

"Sky, let me fight him." Ahri said reassuringly. I thought we had a better chance at reaching the turret. Maokai's health was about 250 out of 630. This was low but I was unsure of Ahri's damage potential.

"Don't you trust me?" Her voice was so blissful; I let her have her way. We were at the center of the lane, minions fighting behind us from my pushing the lane. Ahri charmed Maokai and cast Fox Fire dealing all the damage she needed. She used her ultimate ability, Spirit Rush, causing Maokai to flash away. She continued to pursue him with another charge of Spirit Rush followed by Orb of Deception.

YOU HAVE SLAIN AN ENEMY!

We used the last charge to return to the turret for a recall.

"Amazing job Ahri!" I complimented enthusiasticly.

"I couldn't have done it without my favorite summoner." She said with a sultry voice. The compliment made me feel... Attached. Or at least, that's what I thought it was.

About 10 minutes later the enemy surrendered. Our final score was 6/0/2. It took me until the end of the first match to realize that I had a huge crush on Ahri. By the end of the night I was in love.

PhoDaKids

03-25-2012

It's interesting can't wait to read more

AlahForPrez

03-25-2012

Shmanks <3

ElTronko

03-26-2012

Usually i dislike oc with a passion but im actually waiting for you to post the next chapter. Take all my upvotes

AlahForPrez

03-26-2012

Well you are in luck because I just spent 5 hours trying to post my story on ff.net. And after about 4 hours of problems I posted 14 chapters and I'm posting the rest tomorrow.

I'll post the link when I find it.

http://m.fanfiction.net/s/7961058/1/

Enjoy!

ImperfectSanity

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-27-2012

Coool story bro.keep it up