Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

LoL has the BEST game sounds

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

03-25-2012

Or spend your entire budget on trying to 'pretty up' a game instead of actually coming up with new ideas... -.-

I'm not trying to throw DotA 2 under the bus, but they didn't really need to bother much with balance or design issues, virtually everything was graphics or their version of PvP.net. Give Riot all of the time and money they spent on champion design, map design, and the rune/mastery/etc system, and see how much else they could have done. Of course we wouldn't have LoL anymore, so I think all of that work would be wasted elsewhere, but I think you get the point...

TL;DR: Time was spent on different things.

Fox P McCloud

03-25-2012

Quote:
Lightyears:
It's not exactly hard to steal all of Guinsoo's/Blizzard's work from the original and then add character interactions from TF2...

You seriously need to read up on your DotA history if you think this is the way it went =/

PoDragonSlayer

03-26-2012

I would have to absolutely agree. LoL has the best sounds and animations (not looking at a few outdated champions) I have ever seen.

SubDraco

03-26-2012

korean ahri voice

TherBad

03-26-2012

It's just a shame that pretty much everything else is a terrible mess.

TheTunche

03-27-2012

Quote:
KnowBrainer:
The attacks, the explosions, everything is just so crisp and satisfying. I don't know where to go to give people a pat on the back, but whoever is in charge of the audio is running a good show. Keep up the amazing work!

I think the only thing missing is a background soundtrack for the champions.
For example, to AHRI, you could put a music like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2Q2Cn5n0ig
-
For KATARINA, you could use something like this song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoGQ5lNGlZA
-
To GAREN, a song like this would not be wrong:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNrDbIsCxhM
-
I think you understand me, some background soundtracks to give more excitement to the games. Of course you could adjust the volume to your liking, or turn it off.

Zraxiar

04-07-2012

Quote:
Fox P McCloud:
Any plans on having more involved voice acting ala DotA2?

I'm not trying to be a wet blanket here or just to be making mischief for the sake of mischief, but LoL doesn't even begin to measure up to DotA2's hero dialogue....for example, a single DotA2 hero has about as much audio as 5+ LoL champs (some heroes have 15 minutes of dialogue/responses). If that's one thing LoL is a bit lacking on is that the champs don't really feel like they're there to interact with each other...and more just there doing actions X, Y, and Z.

yeah

Like for example when they get an epic item "AHHH SCEPTOR""

AHH "AGNHIM's sceptor"

Harlek's incatation of incineration!

"The sky will set you aflame!"

btw I can distinguish in LoL definitely great audio but they should also do that as well.