My feedback on Amumu

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stay Crunchy

07-27-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marduke View Post
I would like to see Tantrum changed. Just seems odd to me that he has to take 10+ hits to deal out the same amount of damage that other heroes can with no strings attached. Just doesn't make for very good game mechanics, unless it is given greater synergy with his other ability (like say, making his passive increase armor each time he is attacked up to a certain amount).
Tantrum is a great farming and harassing ability that costs nearly nothing for mana. Amumu is a different playstyle and to really capitalize on it you have to know how to take advantage of creepwaves and max tantrum first. Then he's a farming machine and you can get really OP really fast if you have a good lane match up.

Playstyles for individual heroes aren't for everyone and finding your comfort zone with the heroes you are good at is key to success.

Zeta

07-27-2009

I would be happy with just a concrete graphical representation of the range of Tantrum and Despair.

NuG

07-27-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellentless View Post
I've been playing Amumu alot lately and really like the character concept, but I think he's alittle bit too weak currently.

1. Bandage toss is fine for what it is, no complaint's there.
2. Depair need's a buff, currently at max it only drain's 3% of a enemies life per second, I think this skill should be buffed to 1/2/3/4/5% per level OR keep the ratio what it currently is, but make it actually drain the health from them to you. I think either would work fine.
3. Tantrum's a pretty odd ability, if the skill's not going to be radically changed which I think it should, then a buff to the damage mitigation is a must.

His ulti I have no problem's with I find it works very well.
Bandage Toss could use a better hit rating or something, its kinda annoying when the very tip of the bandage hits someone and nothing happens or the bandage just full on goes through someone

Despair need to be way buffed or removed and a new ability should be given, right now I level despair last and very rarely will I turn it on, it would be a lot better if it was like Pudge's Rot ability from DoTA then the very small damage it does wouldn't matter too much

Tantrum this ability is amazing I just vote to up the damage a tiny bit it does not scale to well late game

As for hit ulti a animation for it would be cool i never know if someone is in my ult or not of if they are is it about to be over

Xiao

07-28-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptHarlock View Post
I think Amumu is borderline broken atm. His team prowess is amazing, especially with his ult. However, i heard that soryaya (or whatever) is probably the most powerful hero atm.

Soraka + Amumu is a fun lane.

KoOkies

07-28-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marduke View Post
I would like to see Tantrum changed. Just seems odd to me that he has to take 10+ hits to deal out the same amount of damage that other heroes can with no strings attached. Just doesn't make for very good game mechanics, unless it is given greater synergy with his other ability (like say, making his passive increase armor each time he is attacked up to a certain amount).
If I remember right its 5 hits for 1 charge, at rank 5. Not 10. Tantrum is an insanely fast cooldown for the amount of damage it does, thus why it has "strings attached". I dont see at all how this skill is "odd" or underpowered. If you know how to play amumu right you should be rolling people. Aggroing a full wave of creeps will keep a rank 5 tantrum up everytime its off cooldown, which is a few seconds.

Amumu is in no way underpowered. If your having problems getting kills with amumu then your not playing him correctly.

Ron Fendo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-29-2009

You have to know how to use tantrum effectively or it will suck. So thats on you not on the skill.

Xagur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-01-2009

Tamtrums dmg should increase on higher level of the ability, a constant 155dmg is really to weak, at least get it to 200 at 5, and a bit bigger AOE.

Darklord

Adjudicator

08-01-2009

Amumu is either the best or second base tank in the game right now, he definitely does not need any buffs.

Larias

Adjudicator

08-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklord View Post
Amumu is either the best or second base tank in the game right now, he definitely does not need any buffs.
^

MrFroho

Adjudicator

08-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklord View Post
^