Dragon's Descent

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Combatheaven

03-25-2012

Well then! Here is my FIRST FANFICTION that I have ever written. (Or something that exceeds 5000 words... excluding essays of course!)
This is a fanfiction revolving around Shyvana when she joined the League.
However, I do warn you, it does get quite a bit gory and bloody near the end. Oh shizakoff. Spoiler! :P
Anyways, as this is my first... please be gentle...
(lolsexualinnuendo)
And you can send me hate messages for every grammatical and spelling mistakes you find. I tried my best, but I suck at editing.
And excuse me if my writing turns a bit ADD in some parts... and emotional mood swings... its due to my playlist changing songs ...

ENJOY

EDIT: Ahhh crud... Copying and pasting does not work too well with indents...

EDIT 2: Leave a comment! I feel lonely here! Not sure if writing is bad... or people are just shy..

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^
Chapter 1 - Awakening

The dull finger-tips of artificial light crept through the musky window, creating rays of gloomy incandescence across the room. Shyvana’s room was nothing but ordinary; in fact, it was duller than typical. It was a small room with walls made solely of dark gray stone, a small bed with faded red sheets, and a wooden wardrobe which seemed to be more suitable in a haunted house. There was a door that leads into a dark corridor lit dimly by flickering torches, which then leads into the Institute of War. Shyvana slowly opened her eyelids, revealing a pair of dark, ruby-red eyes that accompanied her rogue hair which ran along her back. Noticing that her cover was not on her body, but on the floor, she gradually got up to a sitting position, feeling a slight morning chill creeping about.
She could have chosen a different room, one with more elaborate furnishings with mirrors and all, but she refused. Even now, thirteen years after she was rescued by Jarvin the Fourth, she was not used to the extravagances of life. She recalled to the days where she would live in caves, left alone to fend for herself when her father was fighting for his life and hers. Survival was the base of humanity and she found the luxurious indulgences to be unnecessary. Nevertheless, she discarded the thought because she knew she could not do anything about it and she was just kindling her temper.
Her plan today was to train, which was the usual. Whether it was sparring with Udyr, or dodging unrelenting combos from the Grandmaster at Arms, she would only get stronger. Then maybe, she would ask for a practice match in the Fields of Justice, for she had only been in two, both which she won without releasing her full potential. However, her only motif was not just to get stronger, but to control her ever growing fury. The thrill of a fight would help her control her rage.
Before Shyvana could recollect her thoughts, and put her plans into action, a hard knock echoed through her door. Sighing heavily, she answered with a hint of a growl,
“Yes?”
She could almost feel the recoil of the person who disturbed her morning.
“H-his majesty, Prince Jarvin the Fourth wishes you to come to the Demacian Strategy room! H-he says it is very important!” the messenger squeaked. Shyvana could almost read his mind, Please don’t kick the door on top of me!
Which she did to the last messenger who stuttered greatly in his speech.
“Lady Shyvana?” the messenger weakly called.
“Tell him I will be there.” She answered.
A split second after she answered, the messenger scurried away in haste.
Without changing out of her night garments, she stormed out of her room and down the dark passageway.

The eerie gloom of the cold hall subsided as her bare feet touched white marble. The atmosphere drastically changed around her as she walked towards the Strategy room in the eastern wing of the Institute of War: the air turned crisp like the morning breeze, the flickering torches turned into bright lanterns, and gray stone turned to polished white marble. The wall opened up into a series of marble columns in view of the underground cavern in which the institute was built.
The institute’s main sections are the Garden, the Chamber of Warfare and Diplomacy, Eastern Wing, Western Wing, and the underground levels of each wing. The Eastern section was mostly of Demacian influence with a few representatives from Ionia and Freljord, and the Western section was mostly of Noxian influence with a few representatives from Zaun and Bilgewater. The Garden is in the center of the Institute, separating the two wings and one of the only places where actual sunlight was available; the other being the “underground” lake which was lightly rimmed by evergreen trees.
Shyvana stopped in front of a wooden door and knocked as soft as she could, remember bits and pieces of ‘manners’ she was told of. She waited for approximately six seconds before she lost her patience and knocked again, this time, her knock echoed down the passageway and left a dent in the door in the shape of a fist. Before she could bash through and make an entry, the door flung open in inhumane speed, revealing four figures with all of their weapons drawn: Garen, Lux, Xin Zhao, and Jarvin the Fourth.
“I thought we were under siege!” Garen exclaimed in disbelief.
Before Shyvana acknowledged each of the individual complaints, she turned to Jarvin and almost bellowing at him, she said, “What do you want Jarvin?!”
Xin Zhao flinched at her rude behaviour while Garen almost tripped over his own feet, his face looking appalled.
“Not in the best of moods today are we?” Jarvin replied, smiling casually as if he hadn’t noticed Shyvana’s anger, “Lux was going to open the door for you before you decided to imprint your fist into it.”
At that moment, Shyvana remembered that the walls and doors of the strategy room were magically enhanced so that no intruder could eavesdrop. Her face grew hot in embarrassment, but did not hesitate to shoot back at Jarvin
“Er… Still! Answer my question!” Shyvana roared, her voice seemed to shake the walls.
Shyvana scanned the room while Jarvin was explaining the situation. The strategy room had a glorified lantern shining brightly in the middle of the room, illuminating a large table that had a map of Valoran with an assortment of scrolls, utensils, and pieces that were supposed to represent respective forces.
“I know you are inexperienced with the League and its workings, but you have to start somewhere.” Jarvin started, “Noxus demands a rematch for the farmlands near the Noxian-Demacian boarder. Of course, it would be through the Fields of Justice in which we decide the outcome since all negotiations seemed to have failed.”
“Which always does,” Garen added.
Shyvana stared at Jarvin for a moment, realizing what he just suggested.
“And you’ve decided to put me as one of the five members?” Shyvana felt her voice rising again, “without my consent?”

Jarvin stared at her, thinking of how he should respond to her sudden rage. He frowned and stared down at the map. Jarvin was used to Shyvana’s almost random outbursts of sudden fury, for he had travelled and fought with her side by side before he had joined the League. However, when he decided to join the League, Shyvana rejected the thought at first and left him. He wondered, “Just what could have happened in a time of two years apart, to change her this much?” He remembered when he found her outside a cave, slumped over her dead father’s corpse. She was unapproachable at first, ignoring requests for communication and shying away from any sort of sociable contact, but as she came out of her shell of seclusion, he found out that she had a more compassionate side to her. How rare when her life was nothing but fear.
Now, Shyvana was like before. Reclusive, unapproachable, and never smiling.
Jarvin sighed. Times change, and so do people. I guess…

Shyvana stood in front of Jarvin, almost trembling in rage, and stared at him fiercely. Before she could speak out again, she was interrupted by Xin Zhao,
“What is it you want Shyvana? Did you not loathe for battle all this time? You come in with the utter most disrespect and demand what you want us to do for you? I guess I should be more accepting of your peasant-like behaviour because that’s where you came from is it not?” Xin Zhao’s words gained in volume and almost had the tone of disgust, “I wonder what dirt town His Majesty picked up a scrap like you to begin with. How pitiful you must have looked to invoke mercy in the Prince. So tell me, what is your duty for the Demacian Army? You sit in solitude and do nothing while we try to fend the Noxian assaults on our property. What is your duty here peasant? “
Shyvana stared at Xin Zhao. Bursts of memories of her past flashed through her mind. She shook with such fury that would have shaken all of Runeterra, but her words stuck to her throat and Xin Zhao started again.
“No answer? Maybe your answer would have been no-“
“That’s enough!” Jarvan interjected with a look of extreme concern in his eyes.
No one spoke. The room was in a stalemate of anger and hatred. No one dared make a sound.
Shyvana never knew Xin Zhao held such a grudge against her, but now, it came crashing down upon her. She would have loosened a torrent of flaming fury upon him, but instead, she turned around without making eye contact with anyone, and silently, yet determinedly announced, “Ill fight.”

It was a strange feeling. Shyvana felt so infuriated, yet melancholic. She felt lost.
They don’t know… They don’t know…No one knows…
She kept on telling herself. Her face was hard as stone. It was as if Xin Zhao’s words had pin pointed all of her weaknesses and impaled her vulnerability into her mind.

Shyvana walked on, looking down at her bare feet, counting the number of marble stones that passed. She repeated the words of Xin Zhao inside her mind, especially the ones that stung like no other. Peasant, dishonourable, pitiful. Pitiful? Was that what she was? A being to be sympathized? Was it pity that drove Jarvin to help her? Was it pity that leads her rage?
As Shyvana’s brooding increased, so did her wrath. The tempest that was dormant within her was escaping. It all came crashing down upon her in one sudden barrage. Her shell of self-restraint cracked and fire engulfed her emotions. The inferno was unstoppable, unrelenting, and overpowering. Shyvana felt the flames of her fury consume her mind.
Shyvana drew her fists and punched the nearest column. Bits and pieces of the marble flew in every direction, but the column still stood although there was a giant crater in the middle of it. Shyvana’s knuckles started to bleed heavily, but the pain only fuelled her rage. Her vision became tinted in red and her sight became narrowed. Her blood was boiling. Her blood screamed for revenge. Her blood told her to kill.
She pulled back her fists in order to strike the hard stone once again.
But her fire, was quenched by a single melody:
A melody that seemed to step in her way and grab her hands with warm light,
a song that pierced her impenetrable frenzy, and embraced her,
a lullaby, of the wrathful.

All rage dispersed from Shyvana’s head. She stared at her knuckles and her blood that trickled down to the floor. She had lost herself in her temper again. She let her Blood take over her consciousness.
But what saved her?

Shyvana noticed that in her aloof meanderings, she was standing in front of the central garden area. The song of serenity drifted in the air, right through Shyvana’s ears. It was only natural to greet her ‘saviour’ so she walked slowly past the bloodied marble column and stepped onto cool grass.
The garden was not too big to begin with. The ground was covered in grass with three walkways that lead from the central section of the Institute, the West, and East Wing, to a great fountain that was illuminated by real sunlight from a crack in the ceiling of the cavern. There were small clusters of trees, that Shyvana never took the time to remember its names, and small shrubberies along with them. It was a simple, yet calming Garden.
Shyvana stopped midway towards the source of the composition as she looked upon a woman whom was composing it. The woman had long light blue hair that split into double-pony tails that were tipped with gold at the ends. She wore a sapphire robe that were edged and inscribed with gold decorations. She played an instrument like none-other Shyvana has seen before. It was a string instrument with a design that matched the gold decorations the woman wore, and it seemed to be floating in mid-air in front of her. The instrument had the scheme of a keyboard, yet it had string, and better yet, the woman was playing it so gracefully.
The music filled the still air with immobile calmness.

Shyvana thoughts wandered away from reality. The melodies reminded her of warm summer days: the wind blowing through grassy landscapes, the sun shining brightly above on a cloudless day, and a feeling of unimaginable joy. All at once, Shyvana’s senses were as if it were under an illusion. It was as if the world was holding its breath in attention to this maven of the strings. Even the birds would have stared and listened in awe. Vanquishing all fury and filling it with blissful joy. How can such a sound be?

The light of afternoon started to enter through the opening in the ceiling when the maven stopped playing. All life resumed as the way it was. It was then Shyvana noticed the scattering of Summoners and Champions alike, Noxian and Demacian, all watching from the sides. Shyvana stood there staring at the woman who had put her in a trance. She caught her eye and they stared for at each other for a moment. Shyvana managed to break out a small smile, an emotion she had not shown for an eternity. Her fiery ruby eyes met a pair of marine sapphire eyes.
“That was… breath taking.” Shyvana praised.
The maven smiled in response, but no word came from her mouth. Shyvana waited for a response, but only to stare at the woman’s eyes awkwardly. Then it came to her. She’s mute.
“Ah! I’m sorry! I didn’t realized that you couldn’t uh… you couldn’t… converse.” Shyvana blundered for wards so she did not offend. The maven only cocked her head to the side slightly, but looked beyond Shyvana.
A familiar voice boomed from behind Shyvana.

“Shyvana! Good you’re okay, I thought you went on a rampage and started destroy the Institute. Only a crater in the column huh?” Jarvin spoke. Shyvana spun slowly towards him and gave him a sort of a touch-me-and-I-kick-your-manhood-into-your-eye-socket look. Jarvin took quick notice to understand and looked at the maven.
“Lady Sona, what a pleasant surprise. I was just looking for you.” Jarvin said. Sona looked inquisitively at Jarvin in response. “You see, we have a score to settle with Noxus, but Xin Zhao will not be joining us, so we need a substitute. Your support would be greatly appreciated in the fields.”
Jarvin also, stared awkwardly at Sona, but instead of standing their and gawking like an idiot, he continued as if he was replying, “It will be me, Lux, Garen, and little-red angry lady over here.”
Another moment passed.
“Thank you very much! Again, your support will be much, much appreciated.”

Shyvana started wandering if Jarvin was deciding the answer of Sona by himself or if he was just trying to pretend he can telepathically speak to her so he doesn’t look like a gawking idiot. Before Jarvin turned to leave, he directed his words towards Shyvana.
“I will apologize for Xin Zhao’s behaviour today. His team’s summoners were amateurs, leading to a humiliating defeat. Also to the fact that he kept on stepping on exploding mushrooms in every single escape plan he had. Also, his summoner also kept on telling him to chase Singed into oblivion until he coughed out his lungs, literally. He almost got dismembered by being flung so many times too. Oh and he got soloed by Evelynn.”
Shyvana did not even start to dispute the “Oh but he’s one of the Demacian leading figures, he should be a role model!”
Then Jarvin left the two of them in the Garden, raising hand in a way of saying “good-bye.” Shyvana turned towards Sona and laughed. She couldn’t get the image of Xin Zhao, the perfectly disciplined warrior of justice swearing as he stepped on poisonous mushrooms. She laughed to the point where tears rimmed her eyes.
Sona, all this time, stared at the maniacally laughing girl, raising her eyebrows in confusion. She walked slowly over to the crouched figure and laid her hand on her shoulder. Shyvana looked up, brushing off the tears off her eyes.
Shyvana pulled back her hair and composed herself.
“Sorry about that, I just felt the need to laugh my throat out.” She breathed out.
Sona reformed the gentle smile on her face, and turned to leave.
Shyvana stared Sona’s back as she gracefully exited her vision behind the column that she violated. For an instant, she heard a voice in her head, “Laughter is the greatest remedy of life.”

Combatheaven

03-25-2012

Chapter 2 : Decision

The next day, Shyvana woke with a jump start to her day. Until this day, she did not know she could sleep through a thunderstorm. A thunderstorm of arguments that is, in her room. When she opened her scarlet eyes, she immediately jolted upright into a sitting position reaching for the nearly projectile she could get her hands on: in this case, an unnecessarily large sword that was propped up against the wall beside her. In her morning haze, she couldn’t identify the intruders in time, so she projected the sword at the bulkiest figure. Luckily enough, the side of the blade hit the target, not the sharpened edges. Then, she realized she had hit Garen with his own sword. Sona and Lux bent over him, making sure he was alright, and Jarvin stared at the three nonchalantly.
“Good morrow” Jarvin said, sounding mockingly impressed, “if this was the Fields, I guess we would have heard, ‘first blood.’”
He had explained that they were in here for ‘security’ reasons, suspecting that their strategic room had been compromised. In her slumber, they had fully discussed what tactics they would use, who would go where, and what roles to do in team fights. Of course, their summoners would be there to guide them in case the need to improvise comes.
Shyvana received the abridged version of the plan, but she understood immediately. They were pushing for an early tower advantage in middle, where Shyvana, given the role of ‘jungler’ would ambush the enemy in middle, forcing him or her to go back to their base. Sona and Jarvin went to the bottom lanes and keep them under pressure so their plan would work. As for Garen, all she heard of his role was, “Spin to win.” She still does not understand the joke.
After discussing situational ‘ifs’ and possibilities, the five exited the room in silence. In the hall, five summoners were waiting for them where they would account for their individual abilities and strength. Shyvana’s summoner was dressed in purple, like all the other summoners, with a hood that covered half of his face. His voice sounded like a veteran. Stern, firm, and up to task.
“We barely have any information on your fighting capabilities, so they appointed me as your summoner. My name is Alecfrovein, I am a veteran summoner, and that is all you need to know.”
Shyvana did not get a chance to even greet him for formally for he turned his shoulder and cocked his head towards the end of hallway, towards the armoury. She did not like him one bit. She noticed that she was the only one that was not in battle-gear, so she had to rush to the armoury where her armour and weapon were being stored. The blacksmith in charge of maintenance of the equipment handed her the armour she would be wearing. A plain iron plated armour that was customized for hand-to-hand combat. Being plated in stacks, it offered mobility and protection for soldiers who could have the strength and agility to move it in. However, Shyvana’s weapons were unearthly. It had the application of a pair of gauntlets, but instead of fingertips, it had a blunt end that had the shape of a dragon’s head.
She put on the iron-plate armour thoroughly, careful not to misplace any straps. Her draconic gauntlets snapped backwards so she would be able to use her hands before the battle started. Her long rogue hair now lay bound in iron that looked like a dragon’s tail, so it would not be in her way once the battle started. However, she let the sides of her hair run down her shoulders, lacking the length to be tied into the iron casing. Her heart now beat for battle.

Shyvana, Lux, Garen, Jarvin, and Sona stood beside their respective summoners, whom were gazing into translucent orbs that displayed the Summoner’s Rift. The Summoning Room was dimly lit, with only the orbs for a source of light, the whole room had a shade of blue added to it. The summoners were gathered in a circle in the middle of the room, each of their faces covered in purple robes which marked them as summoners.
Alec, (which Shyvana nicknamed him because she could not remember his full name), broke the sombre silence with his reassuring tone, “Ready?”
Shyvana nodded in response. As if on que, blue light enveloped Shyvana, as well as the other ‘champions’, whom were being ‘summoned.’ It was a strange experience, being summoned that is. It felt like her body was going at the speed of light, yet her soul was stuck in place. The only thing Shyvana could see was pure sky-blue light that crowded her vision, which made her close her eyes shut.
When she opened her eyes, she in a completely different location: one she was not very familiar with, but knew nonetheless. He felt Alec brush against her consciousness, “Go to the location where the Elder Lizard spawns, exactly at 1:55. I’ve ‘bought’ five health potions which should sustain your jungling route. I’ve also asked Jarvin and Sona to help you for the beginning. Shyvana did not completely get the currency of the Fields of Justice. Summoners could apparently ‘buy’ from a shop located at the spawn in order to boost their fighting capabilities, magic capabilities, and endurance. When a champion is slain by another, the victor gains gold depending on how dangerous his or her opponent was or by assisting teammates secure a ‘kill.’ Most of the money at the early stages of the game was gained through ‘minions’ which were said to be controlled by lesser summoners, and by an income of one every second.
A few seconds later, a female voice rang throughout the Arena,
“Welcome, to the Summoner’s Rift!”

PART 2.

Again, Alec’s voice rang in her mind, Shyvana did not enjoy this at all, and it felt as if he were disturbing her privacy, but she knew it was a sacrifice she had to make. “Since we’re on the bottom left, the Lizard Camp is…there for us.” A series of pictures entered her mind, showing her the direction she should take, and she followed it instinctively. “Okay, Jarvin and Sona should be there shortly, hit the Elder a couple of times, and I will help you with the rest.” Shyvana wondered how he would help, but she did not question him. On time, Jarvin and Sona appeared from a bush to the side that was magically enhanced so that anybody inside would become invisible to the naked eye.
“You ready for this Shyvana?” Jarvin asked him, looking around surroundings for any intruders.
She wanted to say yes, she wanted to sound brave in front of Jarvin, to prove that she is strong, but instead, she silently said, “No…” Jarvin looked surprised at her response, but regained his prince-like composure, “Get ready then, we need to win this.” Ten points for Prince Charming’s motivational speech. “The Noxan cowards didn’t even send their best team, most likely a test of our strength,” Jarvin added, “typical…Warwick, Urgot, Sion, Miss Fortune, and Dr.Mundo?” He scoffed at their team composition.
The Lizard elder spawned in a flash when the internal Arena clock hit 1:55. Immediately, Shyvana summoned an aura of flames around her and struck the lizard-like creature in the side of the head. Jarvin extended his lance to twice its normal length and pierced in the chest while Sona played a tune on her instrument that seemed to project out of the strings in a blast of purple energy, striking the Lizard square on the body. The creature retaliated by slashing its nearest target which was Shyvana, but she side stepped its clumsy blow and struck it in the nose again. Jarvin and Sona left towards their after they’ve damaged the lizard significantly, and left Shyvana alone. The Lizard Elder managed to get a lucky side sweep to her side shoulder before a brilliant light enveloped the beast and dissipated in ash and smoke. “Quickly, get to middle. Sion’s summoner accidentally blew Flash,” Alec said, and added in a more hushed tone, “how the **** does he even do that?”
Shyvana, as silent as she could, crept into the river, into the magical bush. She felt her skin become slightly transparent as she observed Sion bawl over minions as Lux blasted her with waves of energy. As soon as Sion’s minions pushed towards the tower, Shyvana ran towards him, revealing herself from invisibility. Sion’s arm lurched back as if he were fighting an invisible enemy and started screaming, “NO! I KILL LITTLE LADY!” A red orb surrounded Sion followed by a vibrant humming noise that gradually increased in frequency. Something shot from his eyes that seemed to stun Lux in place as he pushed over minions to get to her. He lifted his gargantuan golden axe to strike Lux down, but it never hit its target. Shyvana drove her gauntlets into the lower spinal cord of his fleshy green body which caused him to stumble in his strike and her Lizard Elder buff lit him in a cloak of fire. The stumble gave Lux enough time to recover and throw a counter attack. In an instant, a larger ball of light struck Sion which enclosed him in a prism of light, followed by a brightly shining orb which landed on his foot that seemed to bend light in every direction.
“ARGH! BRIGHT! BRIGHT! BRIGHT! STOPITSTOPIT!” Sion screamed in a deep, masculine voice. Quite ironic Shyvana found. Sion started stumbling towards his own tower, swining his battle-axe wildly which lead to him decapitating three of his own minions, but before he could get in range of his friendly tower, the orb of light that Lux summoned exploded that sent shockwaves into Sion’s body as Shyvana summoned her fire aura and chased after him, maintaining her speed every time she hit Sion’s green decomposing body. Sion’s movement became even more awkward which gave Shyvana the perfect opportunity. Just as her fire aura was running out of fuel, she made a crunching motion, with both of her arms locked back on her side, and slammed her hands together onto Sion’s bone-head. The gauntlet’s jaws closed in on Sion’s skull, which broke in a sickening crunch. Immediately after, the female announcer’s voice rang out again, “First Blood by Shyvana with the assist of Luxanna Crownguard!”
“Good job, there’s a big advantag- wait… dammit it’s too good to be true. Go to top, assist Garen immediately, Warwick, Urgot and Dr.Mundo just ambushed him. Lux will go with you. As if Lux had heard Alec’s thoughts, her own face turned into worry as she muttered, “Brother?!” Their short lived glory faded away as Shyvana and Lux raced towards top through the river.
“Garen has to go heal, but you two can take the three of them, Garen’s been giving them a hard time with all that spinning. Shyvana nodded towards Lux, which gave the indication for them to burst out of the bush, in a second ambush within ten minutes.
The scene unfolded before them in flashes. Warwick and Urgot met the ambushers as if they were expecting it, but what they didn’t expect was find Dr.Mundo running back to their tower, yelling, “MUNDO GOES WHEREVER HE PLEASES!”
Warwick howled in anger, “That useless! Purple meat-bag!”
“Mundo is going back to base, don’t ask me why, ‘he does whatever he pleases’ apparently according to his summoner. I don’t like how stupid they’re playing. Go engage them, you can win.” Lux summoned another ray of binding light, which Warwick nimbly dodged, which made Urgot get caught in the snare. Shyvana readied herself at the charging Warwick, but instead of locking in combat with her, Warwick zoomed past her towards Lux. Shyvana wanted to turn to help her comrade, but Alec stopped her, “Go! Kill Urgot first, he’s almost dead.” He was right, Urgot was bleeding heavily everywhere on his fleshy body and one of his robotic legs were malfunctioning. Shyvana’s aura of flames rose again as she charged towards the pile of flesh. She harnessed some of the fire energy into molten flames that she threw at Urgot. The flames turned into a dragonhead that stuck to his body like lava, disintegrating whatever armour he had. However, before she could finish him off with her Twin Bite, he launched something in the air which seemed like a canister of some sort. Shortly after, he launched a claw in the air that missed Shyvana by a mile. Must be malfunctioning in the brain as well, Shyvana thought. Her gauntlet’s jaws closed around Urgots head, finishing him off. Shyvana turned towards the bush, but instead of finding a dead Warwick, she was about to find a dead Lux. “Help her!”
In an heartbeat of a second, she turned and ran towards to the aid of Lux. The claw and canister that Urgot fired must have been for Lux, not her. Green acid covered parts of her armour with the sound of steam evaporating, but more gruesomely, she was impaled by the claw on top of her collarbone, which was bleeding heavily. Warwick raised his claws, Shyvana knew she could not take another hit from Warwick. Then, Alec must have done something, because Warwick’s body enveloped in a prism that was like Lux’s snare, but it was red. Warwicks strike connected, but it only left a small gash on Lux’s shoulder, which still looked like it hurt, but only a fraction of what it would’ve done. Another howl of frustration escaped Warwick as Shyvana punched him in the back of the spine and on the back of the head. “Double kill!” the announcer’s voice rang again.
Shyvana knelt beside Lux who was leaning against the wall. She looked like she was about to pass out when the blue light, the same color as the summoning circle, started to form. Even in her situation, Lux smiled weakly at Shyvana, and gave her a thumbs-up. Then she disappeared.
“Good, I had to use Exhaust, but we don’t want Warwick getting any money now. Go back to the middle lane, hold the lane until Lux recovers.” Alec ordered.

Combatheaven

03-25-2012

Chapter 3 : Turning Point.
The battle raged on for twenty five more minutes. Shyvana was breathing heavily from multiple wounds she received from Warwick whom pinned her down, clawing her body in inhumane speed which caused Shyvana to cover herself, trying to get clawed in the head. She was saved when Jarvan’s Demacian standard landed straight on Warwick’s arm. Warwick escaped through the bushes while Jarvin gave no chase. “Go back, heal at base, I’ll go back down to bottom. The tower is still up there,” Jarvin ordered.
Shyvana refused, “Ill go with you,” she grunted as she got up, her body sore in every muscle, her fresh wounds screaming in agony, “the tower is about to fall there.”
“Do as he says, I’m recalling you back, you can’t fight in your condition.” Alec commanded.
Shyvana didn`t like it, but she did not argue much. Jarvin also didn`t look like he was in his best condition either, she would have to go and back him up as soon as she could.
``Usually, champions have four skills in their arsenal, but you… you only have three. So we`re at a disadvantage right now until we figure out your fourth skill, usually the strongest spell, but we don’t have it. Let me know if you do, cause I can`t read your history`` Shyvana shrugged off his questions, and replied, ``We will have to do this for now.``
The enemy team seemed to suddenly get smarter in their plays. Luring Garen and Lux into their own jungle where they were ambushed. Stealing the Ancient Lizard and Ancient Golem enhancements from Shyvana, it’s like their summoners suddenly started commanding for real.
In a flash, Shyvana was teleported back to their base where her wounds started to close, her stamina recharged, and her weariness dissipated. Alec told her to wait for a few seconds for a item that he said would help a lot in endurance, so she sat around for approximately fifteen seconds before she ran out to battle again. She was on her way to the bottom tower, through the jungle where she could ambush the other team. However, as she lay in wait of the other team to dive their tower, Alec got an urgent message from Jarvin`s summoner, ``Tell Shyvana to go back! It’s an ambush, there`s four of them here! They can see that she`s there also, **** no wonder they were so eager to destroy the wards. Jarvin will hold them off a little longer, and he`s going to back up as well.`
Jarvin`s summoner`s frantic voice was replaced by Alec`s cool composed voice, ``You heard him, go to the second tower, we can make a stance there.`` Shyvana would have done as she was told, until she saw a fifth figure appear from the bush on the bottom lane. Warwick.

The five of the Noxans charged towards the bottom tower. Shyvana watched in horror as the tower started to crumble at a rapid pace, and finally gave in. ``Shyvana! GO BACK! Run! Jarvin is going to be okay. Run! You`re in danger!`` However, she ignored his requests, because instead of the enemy turning towards her way, they chased after Jarvin. Jarvin ran at full speed, his body picking up in speed as a light came from the sky. He passed through minions like he was a ghost and ran at full speed towards the second tower. He would have made it, until Dr.Mundo threw his gigantic cleaver straight into Jarvin`s back. Jarvin fell face first into the ground, blood escaping from his mouth. The cleaver still stuck out of his back as he crawled towards the tower. The enemy was gaining ground and no matter how fast Jarvin could run, he could not outrun them. He would die.
He would die. Shyvana`s vision flashed back into her memory. Fire and dead soldiers surrounded her. Jarvin lay on the ground, face up towards a gargantuan creature, planting his cracked lance onto the ground, making his final stance. Shyvana ran towards him. She did not care her head was bleeding. She did not care her arm was broken. She did not care if she was coughing up blood, she had to save him.
Her mind exploded with Alec`s angry commands, ``Move d**n you! Run! You can`t save him! Run **** you RUN!``
Run she did.
She ran out of the bush, summoning up the hottest flames she could.
Thud. Her mind was focused, her objective, was clear.
Thud. Her heart beat and her blood boiled as the flames of fury lit once more.
Thud. Her aura covered her body in a blazing fire.
The fire that enveloped her body formed an image of a creature. For a heartbeat of a second, the flames erupting from her body cast a blinding light, covering Shyvana completely. Wings sprouted where her arms should have been, claws grew where her fingers would have. Flying across the field, Shyvana cut off Jarvin`s attackers, leaving a trail of fire behind her. Her enemies stared in awe and terror, for between the Noxans and Jarvin, stood a crimson dragon.

Alec was nowhere to be found in her consciousness, but she knew what she would do. She advanced towards her dazed enemies, each step cleaving rocks of out the ground.
``Think you`re a dragon slayer? Come here and try it!” Shyvana swiped her enormous claws across the ground, sending shrapnel pieces toward the enemy. However, as they recovered, they realized their strength in numbers, charging all together towards her. Warwick leapt in the air to grip her head, but as if Shyvana’s reflexes were doubled, she clawed him out of the air, into a nearby bush. Miss Fortune started firing bullets at her back, but her hardened scales reflected the bullets, leaving only painful dents. Sion and Dr.Mundo both raised their weapons to her side, but Shyvana’s tail knocked them off balance into Miss Fortune. Urgot’s disintegrating grenade hit her square on her back, which was followed by the series of detachable claws that penetrated her scale and dug into her flesh. Shyvana let loose a torrent of flames in a cone in front of her, catching most of the attackers. To her left, she saw Sion recovering, but not Dr.Mundo. She assumed he was dead when the same cleaver that hit Jarvin hit her square in the shoulder.
Shyvana bellowed in excruciating pain for the cleaver dug straight through her scales and stuck straight into her bone. However, the pain only fuelled her battle. Warwick emerged from the bush she smashed him into and leapt again. Warwick was too late to notice that he was jumping to his death and both of Shyvana’s claws latched onto his stomach and arm. Instantaneously, Shyvana dismembered him, blood splattering across the ground, as the limp body smashed into the wall. Again, another one of Urgot’s claws stabbed her, this time, through her wings. Every movement hurt. Her vision was fluttering. Now she, would die; but before she would pass, she gathered up the last of her energy, summoning her flames once again, and rushed towards Miss Fortune. Miss Fortune tried to back away from the charging beast, but she was too slow as one of Shyvana’s claws caught her on the side and threw her against a wall. However, the blow was too weak and Miss Fortune lived, only getting a concussion. Now death loomed over her. She collapsed where a bloody pool quickly formed beneath her. She saw the four remaining Noxans in front of her. Sion slowly raised his axe. Shyvana waited for the death blow.

The next sequences came in flickers.
“DEMACIA!”

A trio of voices rebounded throughout the Arena. Walls arose in front of Shyvana’s head, cutting her off from her executioner. A wave resonated from somewhere behind her, making all the Noxans stumble in their tracks. She saw Jarvin leap into the earthly stadium with Garen, spinning widely with his sword. Shortly after, a red line appeared in the middle, followed by a wave of luminosity, blasting through the arena, past Jarvin and Garen, disintegrating all of the remaining enemy team.
Then, Shyvana’s sight was lost.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Combatheaven

03-25-2012

Chapter 4 : Truth

She was alive. Definitely alive. Shyvana could feel her hands and the warmth of her blankets, and the softness of her bed. Her bed? As if she had been struck by lightning, Shyvana bolted straight up into a sitting position, only to be head butted by a killer headache. She groaned at the unwelcome feeling but managed to regain her sight.
“Easy there! I may have knowledge of Ionian Herbal Medicine, the physiology of reptiles, the biological structure of a Bilgewater sharkfish, and the basic anatomy of humans, but I can’t save you if you behave like that!” A familiar voice spoke.
“Lux…?” Shyvana managed to whisper.
“Yup that’s me, Luxanna in full, but Lux is fine I guess. Crownguard but you know me! Hey thanks for saving me back there! Oh oh and what in void space was that?! Its nothing to do with light is it? Can I shine a bright light in your eye and see how you respond?” She babbles on and on.
Shyvana’s headache gave another wave of attack, making her groan. “Please…Lux?”
“Hm? Whatisit?” She replied.
“Shut up.”
Shyvana could hear Lux puffing out her cheeks and breathing out through her nose, but she was in too much mental pain to apologize.
About an hour passed and her headache improved a little, but not fully when Lux started her hullabaloo of whatever you may call it.
“You look like such a baby when Jarvin carried you back to your room. Smiling from ear to ear! Who would’ve thought.” Lux ranted on.
I don’t remember him carrying me back…Shyvana wondered.
“Ohhh. Hey! Heyheyhey! Can I ask a really personal question?” Lux asked.
“We barely…know each other Lu-“ Shyvana was cut off by Lux’s unauthorized question.
“Do you love Prince Jarvin?” Lux intruded once again. Strike one.
“What?” Shyvana blundered for words.
“Lemme rephrase that. Do you have a force of attraction for Prince Jarvin like how light is attracted to darker closers and is reflected by lighter colours? Wait those metaphors don’t work. Well like how moths are attracted to light! Ah wait… moths tend to burn up… ahh” Lux encroached once, again. Strike two.
“What are you saying?” Shyvana asked. Honestly having no clue what Lux was ranting on.
“Do you have feeings towards Prince Jarvin?” Lux clearly asked this time.
“Well of course I do!” Shyvana responded, “uttermost respect and admiration. He saved my life you know.”
“UGH. Not like that! But like, do you feel like you’re burning up whenever you’re near him?” She continued.
“Well… now that I think of it… yeah it does,” Shyvana confessed, “what about it? Is it bad?”
“Aha! No no no, its completely normal. Don’t worry!” Lux answered with all her energy restored. She grinned mischievously.
“Well no more questions… let me sleep.” Shyvana yawned as she fell back to sleep.
She doesn’t know how long she has slept for or how many days had past, but when she woke in a drowsy haze, Lux was not there to banter her anymore, which she was relieved for. At the same time, it seemed like she was looking after her, so Shyvana felt a little bit of gratitude. Then her memories came back. She turned into a dragon. She let everyone know what she was. Although she had transformed only twice in her lifetime, she felt that everyone knew her darkest secrets. She felt like a turtle without a shell. No shell to hide in this time. Normally, she would have been angry; but now, its as if she has ran out of fuel for anger. She couldn’t bring herself to feel anger. Which was a good thing.
A few minutes later, she heard the gleeful voice of Lux echoing down the hall again, this time, another pair of footsteps accompanied her. It sounded as if she was skipping down the hall.
“So she does feel something for you!” She said in her usual chirpy tone.
“Eh? No its not like that” It was the voice of Jarvin.
“Mmm even though she admits that her blood feels hot when she’s near you?” Lux unrelentingly continued.
That Lux… She just ‘brightens’ my day… she thought sarcastically.
Then the two footsteps stopped.
“It not because of love,” Jarvin’s voiced dropped suddenly, into a more grim tone.
Shyvana felt as if she was listening on the eye of the storm.
“It’s because she wants to kill me.”

Ask Talon

03-25-2012

Quote:
rogue hair
Can't tell if untidy....
or Typo...

Combatheaven

03-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Talon View Post
Can't tell if untidy....
or Typo...
XD The color rogue? ?
But then again, I should have really specified whether it was supposed to be a color... or if her hair was hit by a grenade...
Thanks for that.

Cerubois

03-26-2012

Looks Legit. Added to Index.

Combatheaven

03-28-2012

Quote:
Looks Legit. Added to Index.
Well I hope it is as legit as it looks :P.

Archaic Burst

Recruiter

10-13-2012

will this be continued?