Why join draft if you are going to behave like this?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WalterCronkiteJr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerry the Lebster View Post
It genuinely annoys me when last pick asks for mid or top or something. Honestly, if I'm last pick I just assume I'll be supporting. I just try to counter pick the other team's picks, and I have feeling like I have a good counter to mid, but I don't want to pick it because then that dude who asked for mid will be pissed.
I can agree folks that act like pricks about the role they want irritate anyone. But I find nothing wrong if someone requests a role, in fact I find it nice when the team sorts out what they will do before any champions get locked in.

That said, requesting or calling a role does not mean you will get it. The player above you has right of way, regardless of what you say. Someone throwing a ***** fit crying "But I called mid/top/jungle" when the player above them over rules them means jack **** to the rest of the team.

Requesting a role? - Acceptable
Getting that role? - Possible
Able to play any role? - Mandatory.

BlackJesus101

03-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwegburt View Post
Requesting a role? - Acceptable
Getting that role? - Possible
Able to play any role? - Mandatory.
indeed i prefer to play solo top/mid or ad bot but if neccesary i can play support ali very well i just dont enjoy it as much

HannibalLecterMD

03-27-2012

I always call for jungle cuz it's what i'm best at but I understand someone picking before me is entitled to take the role for themselves. It's important not to rage when you don't get your call or when someone else calls something. People are better at some roles than others, though if you are in draft you should be prepared to play anything. The team that gets the most people playing roles they are comfortable with will win most every game. If I'm 3rd pick and I'm a good jungler and a good support and 5th pick is a good jungler and a bad support then I'll let him jungle. It's not wrong to call things, just wrong when people are unflexible in their picks.

P.S. TOP OR I FEED

fastplay

03-27-2012

I do say what I good at which is in order solo top, AD range bot, and jungleing I will pick a someother role if need to but most of the time I ask to jungle since some do not like to do it. only been ask to solo top once since someone want to jungle.

I like to hear what people good so the team can get setup faster and know what happen before the game start.

this happen in ranked games.

Also drift is the close thing to ranked games.

Barso55

03-28-2012

ya its perfectly K when someone says theyre good at something. I HATE support and I let them know it. But when people 'call' their roles, 'top', 'i mid', blabla, in draft, when they are last pick - its really annoying.

Galivet

03-28-2012

The meta is so ingrained in Summoner's Rift that they should just have a LFG tool like WoW that cobbles together 5-man teams with all of the standard roles filled from people in the queue. Want to get through the queue quickly? Queue as support or jungle. You're a "mid or feed" type of *******? Then you can sit in the queue for 15 minutes since there are a million others vying for the same spot.

A LFG tool would get rid of so much stupid drama from this game while encouraging an even distribution of people wanting to play each role.

Kize

03-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Rawr View Post
There's no problem with stating what you're best at, or prefer, and filling it in from there.

Mid or feed is annoying though.
or when two people call mid and then one says "ok two mid"

like really?
gfys

DR200

03-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomicpuma View Post
Support or I feed!

Wait I actually never seen that...
and then came lulu...

ItsMr JP

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-29-2012

Lulu players are little whine feeders. And this is coming from someone that loves playing support. I've qued in ranked, picked taric then had last pick take Lulu. Morans

Tetryon

03-29-2012

tell you what, when you eagerly await to play support, I"ll stop loading up and telling everyone that my duo queue has bot lane covered.

I play supports almost exclusively in ranked and that's probably not going to change any time soon. so yea I'll queue in and tell you what my best role is. If more people did that without raging and you actually built your comp around peoples strengths, maybe you wouldn't be so terrible.