caitlyn vs sivir lane

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Duhizy

03-24-2012

from my experiences, this lane can go either way depending on whether the sivir can land her boomerang; however, in solo q when u dont know the ability of your lane partner sivir suddenly has a much greater chance of getting kills compared to cait who is better at harassing rather than killing early imo. thoughts on this match up plz

FaerellG

03-24-2012

Caitlyn lays mana potions for Sivir.

Mambazo

03-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaerellG View Post
Caitlyn lays mana potions for Sivir.
Yup. Sivir wins. Cait's traps will just get eaten up for free mana. Which means not only is she feeding sivir mana, she also can't use them for lane control or gank safety because the instant she lays one it will be gone.

Duhizy

03-25-2012

^ so i dont lay traps, use q or ult, i can still autoattack her for free when she goes to last hit and if i dodge her boomerang she'll go oom then i win.... i think

FaerellG

03-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by duhizy View Post
^ so i dont lay traps, use q or ult, i can still autoattack her for free when she goes to last hit and if i dodge her boomerang she'll go oom then i win.... i think
Pretty much this. It comes down to skill and tactics.

Cait has superior range, but Sivir has superior burst damage as well as damage mitigation in the form of spell shield.

Both have excellent poke options too. If Sivir can close the gap and fight, she'll win out, but cait has good escape options, using a combination of her E and W, she can root or slow Sivir enough to get away.

I've also seen Cait's use traps to bait Sivir's spell shield:
Lay a trap, as soon as you see sivir activate her spell shield and walk up to it, rev up your Q. If the Trap is blocked, then Sivir will eat a Q to the face. If the Q is blocked, then Sivir is rooted and Cait can autoattack once or twice.

On the other hand, Sivir's BB does immensely more damage and has good range for poke, combined with her W double attack, she can easly knock down Cait's hp.

It's a competition of skill.

FYI, I play both champs.

darkyahweh3

02-26-2014

If cait is dumb, sivir wins, however if not, cait wins. Skill match up for sure